#1 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I know I have seen a lot of people with the same questions in regards to these two builds/leaks. Which one is better, which one has better performance battery life etc. Could someone with the knowledge share some insight on to whether or not it is worth the time to flash to .214 and what differences if any we might expect to see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

I would say just flash the .214 kernel. It takes about 20 seconds to do. I want to say I have better battery life but who knows could just be all in my head. My OCD makes me just need the highest build available... :blink:
  • jb_alphamale and billyetatum like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

hard to tell. i am on Artic .214 and love it. been on all the .211 roms and once you load all your preferences and sh#t, they are about the same. never had battery issues since i am on the Maxx. either the new kernel helping gps lock or google map got their sh#t figured ou since kt was terrible on .211.

#4 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm down 30% in 10 hours on .214. I charge my battery every night on the HD dock, so I never need more than 16 hours.

#5 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm on Arctic running the .214. Just flash it, it takes about 20 seconds and you can always go back in the same amount of time. I've noticed better battery life on 214 than on 211 though.

#6 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah I think the GPS lock is faster and more accurate and I'm on Arctic.

Sent from my .214 leak razr on Arctic rom do you wanna get cut?

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#7 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Artic tockd

Sent from my DROID RAZR .214 artic using Tapatalk 2

#8 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Someone told me on chat the other day that 214 update is just over 6MB and the kernel was 4MB of it. A little bit faster and smoother. Maybe a little bit better battery life. And they also removed that annoying VZ Nav pop up when plugging into the car dock. Other than that i see no difference.

#9 schollianmj

schollianmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

Hmm... Im on .214 and i still get that VZNav popup.... But I installed a third party car dock app and set it as default so I no longer get it.
Razr Maxx OTA, Rooted, Probably have some random ROM installled...

#10 Morkai AlMandragon

Morkai AlMandragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

I would just like to know what the actual rom changes were, I heard it was just a few libraries, but what did those actually change?

#11 arcaggelos

arcaggelos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

I left my Razr off the charger last night with a full battery. After 8hrs without touching it I checked and my battery was at 50% and Android OS used 55% and Phone Idle Used 19%. Before the ICS update I would be at 90% battery after sitting all night and Android OS and Phone Idle would be almost exactly opposite.

I am on .214 with no noticeable difference over .211.

#12 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Someone told me on chat the other day that 214 update is just over 6MB and the kernel was 4MB of it. A little bit faster and smoother. Maybe a little bit better battery life. And they also removed that annoying VZ Nav pop up when plugging into the car dock. Other than that i see no difference.

The entire update to .214 is 9.1mb unzipped, the kernel is 8.4mb of that. Hope that helps

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

I left my Razr off the charger last night with a full battery. After 8hrs without touching it I checked and my battery was at 50% and Android OS used 55% and Phone Idle Used 19%. Before the ICS update I would be at 90% battery after sitting all night and Android OS and Phone Idle would be almost exactly opposite.

That's insane. I plug my phone in every night. And I leave everything turned on. Wifi, GPS, updates, sync the whole 9 yards. And my phone will recharge from 12% to 100% in a little over an hour. You have an issue with your phone. Ar you plugging it into a wall charger or a computer? I could see USB taking a while to charge but my 1.0amp wall charger handles the job quite fast.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#14 arcaggelos

arcaggelos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

That's insane. I plug my phone in every night. And I leave everything turned on. Wifi, GPS, updates, sync the whole 9 yards. And my phone will recharge from 12% to 100% in a little over an hour. You have an issue with your phone. Ar you plugging it into a wall charger or a computer? I could see USB taking a while to charge but my 1.0amp wall charger handles the job quite fast.

I wasn't charging I just wanted to see how much my battery would discharge while sitting idle overnight. I was surprised to see how much AOS was draining my battery while idle.

#15 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

I've got the same issue with the Android OS running away with the phone. It's only since flashing the 214 kernel though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#16 arcaggelos

arcaggelos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

Do we have access to a .211 SBF yet?

#17 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Do we have access to a .211 SBF yet?

Don't think so

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#18 UGator

UGator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Get SetCPU and enable profiles. For example I have three profiles setup: the first activates when the screen is off - max cpu 600 and min cpu 300; the second activates when the screen is on - Max 1200 and min 900; and the third one kicks in when phone is in use - max and min set at 600. I also set the governor to hotplug for all profiles. I charge the phone every night and remove from the charger at about 7 AM. I also typically run pandora and/or wifi hotspot for a minimum of 4 hours each day at work, I rarely drop below 20% by the time I go back on the charger every night at about 7 PM. I have the standard Razr - not the maxx.

#19 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

this puts no good. Since we can't manipulate the kernel, we can't change cpu values. Rendering setCpu invalid until then I believe.

Sent from my Razr Maxx, just because I wanted this title on tapatalk.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#20 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

this puts no good. Since we can't manipulate the kernel, we can't change cpu values. Rendering setCpu invalid until then I believe.

Sent from my Razr Maxx, just because I wanted this title on tapatalk.

Hmmm. If I use SetCPU to max of 1000 and then monitor with CPUspy (after resetting timers), it shows that the speed does not go above 1000, unless CPUspy is lying to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users