24 replies to this topic

#1 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I was wondering if someone could help me. I've been trying to download ICS on my Droid Razr (Gingerbread 2.3.6 ----system version:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). I first tried to download and install it on my rooted phone, but the installation wasn't successful. After unrooting it with Mattlgroff's RZR utility, the installation of the ICS still didn't work (after many attempts). I've tried to flash it back (while in AP Fastboot mode with USB hooked up and USB debugging on) to the 6.12.181 factory image with the utility, but it keeps saying "FAILED" and "UNKNOWN ERROR" for every command during this process. Btw, I also installed the newest Motohelper drivers that came with version 1.6 of the utility.

(Someone told me to download and try version 1.7 [failsafe] of the utility.)

I installed and ran the 1.7 fail safe utility. Also, I upgraded the Moto drivers for my 32 bit CPU and put the ICS on my SD card. I tried options 1 & 2, but every command said FAILED/UNKNOWN ERROR for both options. I'm pretty stuck here, no clue what to do.

#2 TauntingBull

TauntingBull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Since the ICS fastboot files were just released, cant you just RSD Lite to ICS?

#3 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Since the ICS fastboot files were just released, cant you just RSD Lite to ICS?

+1

211 Fastboot-

RSD Lite:

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#4 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Much easier to download DROID RAZR Utility 1.8 and use option 1
Posted Image

#5 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I've tried versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.81 of the DROID RAZR utility. I keep getting the same error messages whenever I try to use the fastboot restore option. The only other option I can think of is to try using RSD Lite 5.7. Could someone post a link to a forum post or vid that will walk me though the RSD lite process? Thanks...

#6 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I've tried versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.81 of the DROID RAZR utility. I keep getting the same error messages whenever I try to use the fastboot restore option. The only other option I can think of is to try using RSD Lite 5.7. Could someone post a link to a forum post or vid that will walk me though the RSD lite process? Thanks...

Download the two files I gave above. You open rsd lite and click the three dots next to the open box above. Navigate to where the fast boot files (also above) are on your computer. Plug your phone in with full battery. Navigate to the ap fast boot mode on your phone. (Hold volume down and power then release) click start. Wait til RSD Lite says pass. You should be set. Any problems hop in chat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#7 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for your help! I'm downloading the files now. Just out of curiosity, is there any real difference between VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml.zip and VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_CFC.xml.zip?

#8 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

I downloaded RSD Lite and the file you asked me to get. I tried flashing the zip file on my phone. After decompressing and flashing, it rebooted and went into AP Fastboot mode. An error message popped up under status saying "Failed flashing process. 1/21 flash mbm 'allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin' -> USB error occured while reading/writing." Any suggestions?

#9 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

I downloaded RSD Lite and the file you asked me to get. I tried flashing the zip file on my phone. After decompressing and flashing, it rebooted and went into AP Fastboot mode. An error message popped up under status saying "Failed flashing process. 1/21 flash mbm 'allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin' -> USB error occured while reading/writing." Any suggestions?

You flashed it in the RSD Lite program with your phone hooked up in ap fast boot mode and your phone was read by the program right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Yes, RSD Lite 5.7, USB connection in AP Fastboot mode, and the RSD program reads my phone as Flashboot CDMA_SPYDER S. The status says it's connected.

#11 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Very odd so far. One thing that pops in my mind is.......are you using a moto usb cable? Like the one that came with the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#12 DPilot

DPilot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Did you remember to install the correct drivers?

#13 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Very odd so far. One thing that pops in my mind is.......are you using a moto usb cable? Like the one that came with the phone?

Yes, it's the Moto cable that came w/ the phone. It has the logo on it and everything lol.

Did you remember to install the correct drivers?

I've installed all the appropriate Motohelper drivers (to the best of my knowledge) that have come with every DROID RAZR utility I've downloaded for my 32-bit CPU (x86 processor). When I check it under Device Manager, sometimes it reads Single MOT interface and other times it reads Composite MOT interface.

#14 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Yes, it's the Moto cable that came w/ the phone. It has the logo on it and everything lol.

I've installed all the appropriate Motohelper drivers (to the best of my knowledge) that have come with every DROID RAZR utility I've downloaded for my 32-bit CPU (x86 processor). When I check it under Device Manager, sometimes it reads Single MOT interface and other times it reads Composite MOT interface.

Any chance you got this going? I know the thread sort of died off but i think that is because there isn't much else anyone can think of to help.

If you have plenty of battery while trying to use the utility or rsd, you have the proper drivers, phone in ap mode, etc. There is no logical explanation for this failing.

#15 triggrUNhappy

triggrUNhappy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Any chance you got this going? I know the thread sort of died off but i think that is because there isn't much else anyone can think of to help.

If you have plenty of battery while trying to use the utility or rsd, you have the proper drivers, phone in ap mode, etc. There is no logical explanation for this failing.

Unfortunately, I still haven't... Besides Motohelper, do I also need specific USB drivers??

#16 therookie

therookie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:robertzpt7
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

man i haqve had the same problem since march. and still havent figured out how to return to stock for the ota nor been able to get around the UNKNOWN ERROR delima. guess ill never see what all the hype or ics is all about
:angry:

#17 therookie

therookie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:robertzpt7
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

i have always been told if im gonna be stupid i gotta be tough or rich. well the rich thing definately isnt happening. So leave only one other option. LMAO

#18 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

Unfortunately, I still haven't... Besides Motohelper, do I also need specific USB drivers??

The moto drivers are the only ones i know of. I know this isn't much help but if you get a chance to use a newer computer, that could help. I have had issues flashing on a 32 bit computer in the past but never on a 64 bit.

#19 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

I would recommend not downgrading to 211. The battery life is horrible, wait until they come out with a fix or flash the 214 kernel, thats what I'm trying to figure out for my wife because shes pissed at her phone since the update. She went from having to charge her phone every two days to every 8-12 hours.

#20 GoBears

GoBears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

You installed all the correct drivers from Matt's utility right? Are you using a rear usb port? They are the best for flashing. Hook your phone up in bootloader mode and make sure it completes installation of all drivers. Then choose fastboot mode and make sure it completes driver installation. Then choose BP SBF Flash and let your computer install those drivers as well. If all drivers install correctly then try Matt's utility again. I always FDR before I SBF also. Good luck! FWIW my battery on ICS is awesome and the interface is so much smoother and better. I highly recommend ICS for those reasons and since all development will be ICS from now on.
"Remember, friends don't let friends use IOS."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RZR ICS, Gingerbread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users