Photo

You Can Get Good Battery Life Out Of Your Og Razr!

battery life

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I've never had much luck with smart actions.. many times I haven't had the option to disable data.. but after fastbooting it would return then go away after an update..I just kill data with my widget when I'm not going to be using it..as smart actions kills data while steaming music. After 3 full days with the s3 I can say it's battery life is at least 50% better... I can go a full day with it.. barely but it makes it..the Razr needed 2 bump charges minimum a day....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#22 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

I've never had much luck with smart actions.. many times I haven't had the option to disable data.. but after fastbooting it would return then go away after an update..I just kill data with my widget when I'm not going to be using it..as smart actions kills data while steaming music. After 3 full days with the s3 I can say it's battery life is at least 50% better... I can go a full day with it.. barely but it makes it..the Razr needed 2 bump charges minimum a day....

Well good for you and your S3, you should start posting there now.
  • dillanshives likes this

#23 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yikes

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#24 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well good for you and your S3, you should start posting there now.

He has a good point..

I mean, congrats and everything, but your device has very little relevance to this forum, if any. Can we get back on topic?
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#25 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't know how many times I've posted how great battery is on razr...og. Seriously glad someone else has found and even shown the screenshot..The razr Maxx came so fast that most never had the chance to see the life after settling.. then again, most went straight to the maxx which I don't blame them as hell, even better right? Its crazy...but, I can say I'm happy with the it being the thin of the two even though thin isn't why I bought it..Like I've said before however, from MY experience...I don't care what you do, as soon as ( well in my experience), you start modding flashing, etc...the life greatly reduces regardless of calibration. Speaking of calibration, lol I refuse to calibrate unless drastic measure is needed because once again, in my experience, as soon as I start calibrating to make sure battery is on par..bamm crap battery life...lol thanks for this thread. Just reassuring.... peace..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#26 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

I don't know how many times I've posted how great battery is on razr...og. Seriously glad someone else has found and even shown the screenshot..The razr Maxx came so fast that most never had the chance to see the life after settling.. then again, most went straight to the maxx which I don't blame them as hell, even better right? Its crazy...but, I can say I'm happy with the it being the thin of the two even though thin isn't why I bought it..Like I've said before however, from MY experience...I don't care what you do, as soon as ( well in my experience), you start modding flashing, etc...the life greatly reduces regardless of calibration. Speaking of calibration, lol I refuse to calibrate unless drastic measure is needed because once again, in my experience, as soon as I start calibrating to make sure battery is on par..bamm crap battery life...lol thanks for this thread. Just reassuring.... peace..

So how are you running your phone? Like Stock debloated..?

#27 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

.215 is definitely helping my battery life.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

#28 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

.215 is definitely helping my battery life.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

I just flashed it tonight, and I'm hoping for better, but it's not like it was bad in the first place. I try to go by the old saying, "don't fix it if it ain't broken", but I'm certainly a crackflasher..... always trying to improve my devices and pushing them to operate to the fullest. Thank you for the insight about the new leak!

#29 bravozero

bravozero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I personally have the Maxx and despise the Smart Actions, yet I can easily go two days with moderate use before needing a charge. My girlfriend just got the standard Razr and I just happened to come across this thread while looking for ways to extend battery life on hers. I'll definitely pass the tips from the first post on to her, we'll see what happens!

On another note, how's .215? I haven't looked into it yet, but if it helps with battery life and performance I don't mind flashing it to both Razr's.

#30 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

What's CPU sleep? I downloaded and clicked to run service and it turned black and went back to my home screen

#31 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

What's CPU sleep? I downloaded and clicked to run service and it turned black and went back to my home screen

That's weird

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#32 mkarps

mkarps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Problem for me with Samsung is all the dropped calls. That is the biggest thing keeping me on Motorola. I haven't dropped a call yet in my office. Also I've dropped this OG RAZR at least half a dozen times on the concrete and so far no broken glass. Probably just jinxed myaelf :wacko:

The S3 is an awesome phone, but as Hicks posted out no need to rip on the RAZR in here. Someone with a maxx could just as easily go into the S3 forums and talk about how the brand new top of the line S3 battery sucks compared to the older maxx.

#33 mkarps

mkarps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

By the way OP. Nice thread. I'm going to try out a few of these.

#34 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

I used to use of Widgets on my home screen which was a significant source of battery loss... recently, I switched my Widgets to the navbar, can anyone say for sure if this will reduce the draw on the battery? Its actually much more convenient...

#35 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

I used to use of Widgets on my home screen which was a significant source of battery loss... recently, I switched my Widgets to the navbar, can anyone say for sure if this will reduce the draw on the battery? Its actually much more convenient...

Widgets that pull data (see: weather,etc) will impact your battery regardless of their location. Especially if they use GPS. Clocks... Not so much (unless they have an integrated weather portion etc).

Example: Weather widget is scheduled for update every 1 hr. So every hour the GPS kicks on for a moment to check your location, then it opens your data connection to pull current weather information for that location. That doesn't sound like a lot but the CPU usually kicks into a more active non-sleep state to accomplish these tasks as well.

It's not a huge drain, but several widgets all scheduled to do things on a timer is going to have a significant impact. The only widgets I use are my email (which is push so it doesn't have this issue), vzw data (which now only refreshes on tap instead of being live usage. My guess is this is why they changed the app. Battery drain is the public reason and to make you slightly less aware of where you're at so you go over and pay more lol) and my authenticator token (which doesn't generate a new token unless I tap it, again for battery reasons (smart thinking blizzard)).

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#36 kevmosis

kevmosis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

For a simple solution, I recommend the Data On-Off app. Comes with a handy 1x1 widget for easy switching. It isn't very useful if you need background sync, but will significantly increase the battery life. I have JD Ultimate and honestly haven't used out since installing this. I've made the battery stretch over 20 hrs in a coupler of instances by keeping the screen use to a minimum and only using txt msg/phone. Great for when you won't be around a charger and still need to use your phone as a "phone."

#37 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

I personally have the Maxx and despise the Smart Actions, yet I can easily go two days with moderate use before needing a charge. My girlfriend just got the standard Razr and I just happened to come across this thread while looking for ways to extend battery life on hers. I'll definitely pass the tips from the first post on to her, we'll see what happens!

On another note, how's .215? I haven't looked into it yet, but if it helps with battery life and performance I don't mind flashing it to both Razr's.

I flashed .215 last night and charged to 100%, calibrated, and it dropped just 1% every hour and a half or so, much more snappy. I'm very happy with it thus far, but now for the days test.

#38 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just a quick update on the .215 leak, working excellent, and I have better signal. Going on 24 Hours and I have just over 3 hours of screen on time with 4g. This phone just gets better and better.
  • bravozero likes this

#39 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Great App! I had to disable the superuser notifications for it though, gets kind of annoying every time you turn the screen on.
Saving me tons of battery!

Weird I don't get the notifications from superuser. Could that mean the app isn't working? That might explain why I haven't noticed any improvements. Maybe I have to change permissions?
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#40 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Weird I don't get the notifications from superuser. Could that mean the app isn't working? That might explain why I haven't noticed any improvements. Maybe I have to change permissions?

I don't get them either

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users