Photo

You Can Get Good Battery Life Out Of Your Og Razr!

battery life

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

I don't get them either

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Thanks zephyrus.

Anyone else mind posting whether or not they are getting Superuser permission notification for CPUsleep? Just trying to figure out if the app is actually working for me or not. I've seen many people say they have noticed an improvement in standby time, but I have not noticed any difference. Thanks.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#42 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I don't get notifications, but CPU spy shows I'm going into deep sleep when my screen is off

Sent from my DROID SPYDER
  • milkshed27 likes this

#43 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

I don't get notifications, but CPU spy shows I'm going into deep sleep when my screen is off

CPU Spy confirms my phone goes into deep sleep as well, but it would always say that it was going into deep sleep, even prior to me installing CPUsleep. That is the way the phone should function, even without CPUsleep. I'm trying to find a way to confirm that one core is actually being shut off, once the screen is turned off. I apologize for my persistence, I've been searching through a couple of forums but can't seem to find a way to confirm the app is actually working.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#44 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

CPU Spy confirms my phone goes into deep sleep as well, but it would always say that it was going into deep sleep, even prior to me installing CPUsleep. That is the way the phone should function, even without CPUsleep. I'm trying to find a way to confirm that one core is actually being shut off, once the screen is turned off. I apologize for my persistence, I've been searching through a couple of forums but can't seem to find a way to confirm the app is actually working.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Any time my screen goes off, it shows that I went immediately into deep sleep, whereas before, it would spend time at 300 MHz for a little while, then decide to go into deep sleep.

I am not sure of a way to view how many cores have been on, unless logcat shows it

#45 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

The notification would say "CPU Sleep has been granted superuser permissions" almost every time I would unlock the phone.
  • milkshed27 likes this
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#46 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Here's what I have so far:

Running JuiceDefender Ultimate and smart actions. This with phone calls, some texting and doing the screen shot. I'm testing to see how far I can go. It's real hard too, because I love to play games and surf the web, but I want to see where little use gets me first. Then, I'll starting using it more to see how far I can go.

Sent from my ICS 215 Droid RAZR via Tapatalk.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#47 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Any time my screen goes off, it shows that I went immediately into deep sleep, whereas before, it would spend time at 300 MHz for a little while, then decide to go into deep sleep.

I am not sure of a way to view how many cores have been on, unless logcat shows it

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

#48 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Here's what I have so far:

Running JuiceDefender Ultimate and smart actions. This with phone calls, some texting and doing the screen shot. I'm testing to see how far I can go. It's real hard too, because I love to play games and surf the web, but I want to see where little use gets me first. Then, I'll starting using it more to see how far I can go.

Sent from my ICS 215 Droid RAZR via Tapatalk.

Have you tried the CPUSleep.apk in the Arctic OP..? It only requires Root. Helps significantly with battery

#49 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Have you tried the CPUSleep.apk in the Arctic OP..? It only requires Root. Helps significantly with battery

I'll look into that later. For now, battery life SEEMS to be pretty good at this point. At over 9 hours with some more phone calls and text messages, I'm at 60% (per the stock battery monitor). I'm also running Battery Indicator and it's always showing lower than what the stock is showing. I have it set to do 1% increments on that and I'm wondering if Battery Indicator isn't being accurate OR if the stock battery monitor app isn't being accurate?

If I go by Battery Indicator, then I'm losing battery faster than I thought. If I go by the stock battery monitor, then it appears as if my battery is lasting longer.

Only time will tell. I'm really having to curb my appetite to want to play FF3 (which chews away the battery like nothing unless it's plugged into the wall), but I want to see if 215 truly gives me better battery life than what I've been getting.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#50 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'll look into that later. For now, battery life SEEMS to be pretty good at this point. At over 9 hours with some more phone calls and text messages, I'm at 60% (per the stock battery monitor). I'm also running Battery Indicator and it's always showing lower than what the stock is showing. I have it set to do 1% increments on that and I'm wondering if Battery Indicator isn't being accurate OR if the stock battery monitor app isn't being accurate?

If I go by Battery Indicator, then I'm losing battery faster than I thought. If I go by the stock battery monitor, then it appears as if my battery is lasting longer.

Only time will tell. I'm really having to curb my appetite to want to play FF3 (which chews away the battery like nothing unless it's plugged into the wall), but I want to see if 215 truly gives me better battery life than what I've been getting.

I'm on 1d 10h 13m on my razr, the CPU sleep added about 9 hours. Almost non existent drain when the screen is off. just over 4 hours of screen on time. 2% battery left.

#51 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Is CPUSleep a free app? I see in the app store it's not. Just curious as if I should purchase it? I don't want to be running the app illegally.

2cqd4t2.png

#52 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Is CPUSleep a free app? I see in the app store it's not. Just curious as if I should purchase it? I don't want to be running the app illegally.

You can DL it in the Arctic Forum, try it out. If you like it, buy it to support the Developer. There are no internet permissions shown on the app, so it will be undetectable that you have it. Consider it a trial. I bought it because I loved it. Totally worth the $1.49

Not saying that just because it is undetectable that it makes it right, just a side note.
  • milkshed27 and ibolski like this

#53 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

You can DL it in the Arctic Forum, try it out. If you like it, buy it to support the Developer. There are no internet permissions shown on the app, so it will be undetectable that you have it. Consider it a trial. I bought it because I loved it. Totally worth the $1.49

Not saying that just because it is undetectable that it makes it right, just a side note.

Just checking before I throw down some cash for this... Are there any issues with notifications, calls, or texts when the screen is off with this app??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#54 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Just checking before I throw down some cash for this... Are there any issues with notifications, calls, or texts when the screen is off with this app??

Nope, it just shuts down one core while the screen is off, everything works fine. The only thing that gave me problems was setting profiles in setCPU. Don't do that.. lol

I do use setcpu for the Governor/Frequency. That's it though. Hotplug works best.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#55 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I noticed in the Google Play store it states that CPU Sleeper is not compatible with the RAZR. I installed the one you provided and I can't tell if it's working or not. I don't see any notifications on the notification bar, etc.

2cqd4t2.png

#56 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

I noticed in the Google Play store it states that CPU Sleeper is not compatible with the RAZR. I installed the one you provided and I can't tell if it's working or not. I don't see any notifications on the notification bar, etc.

The notifications come from superuser, they pop up at the bottom. It's working fine for me, maybe wipe data and reopen the app, and start services(x2) again?

#57 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Also, it says it is compatible with all dual and quad core devices..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#58 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Also, it says it is compatible with all dual and quad core devices..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yeah, I see where it states it works with all dual and quad core phones, but in the left hand side, where it states which devices it works with, my x2 and vortex show up as compatible but, the razr isn't. Bummer. :-(

Sent from my Eclipse ICS 1.2RC Droid RAZR via Tapatalk.

2cqd4t2.png

#59 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, I see where it states it works with all dual and quad core phones, but in the left hand side, where it states which devices it works with, my x2 and vortex show up as compatible but, the razr isn't. Bummer. :-(

Interesting. I'm running it on mine.. Maybe just run the one from the Arctic thread. It works fine for me.

#60 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Running here too. Stock rooted .211 with .214 kernel

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users