motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Great update. I'll be checking it out soon. Thanks guys!

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#23 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

About to test on xt905 Australian.

Gapps link is not working for me.

#24 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi All,

I am not new to firmware flashing, but certianly very green on the android stuff.

I am having quite a bit of trouble with the Australian RAZR m xt905.  I have been pointed here by other forums to say that this is one of, or the only working custom rom(s) for the xt905 (please correct me if this is wrong)

I wiped cache and partition each time.......

• using: cwm unofficial 6.0.3.2 for xt905
  • Status 7 error

• using: twrp v2.5.0.0 for xt905
  • it starts flashing but gets "error executing updator binery"

The following come to mind:

1. I am using incompatible twrp/cwm (I have downloaded latest builds that I can find).....
  2. This ROM may not be compatible....

Any help would be appreciated.  My phone is currently in a semi brick state. :(  Going back to an original firmware would even be a welcome suggestion at this stage....although (I should know better) I believe I have nuked that without getting a proper backup. 

Edit:  I don't want to accidently hijack this tread... so have started a new post on the xt905  over here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#25 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

Both recoveries Are to old cwm 6.0.4.4 is best

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• littlejonny likes this

#26 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Both recoveries Are to old cwm 6.0.4.4 is best

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I tried latest version of TWRP for 907 a few days ago and results in semi-brick... I can only assume that its not compatible.  

I fear the I may have the same issue with cwm 6.0.4.4.    I'll try this image tomorrow: "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-xt907.img" and report back if it works.

#27 ejass

ejass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M XT907

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

I tried latest version of TWRP for 907 a few days ago and results in semi-brick... I can only assume that its not compatible.  

I fear the I may have the same issue with cwm 6.0.4.4.    I'll try this image tomorrow: "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-xt907.img" and report back if it works.

is not cause TWRP but updater-script have error/bug or else

just copy from other ROM it work or edited

I use twrp 2.6.3.0 til now

#28 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

I can confirm recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-xt907.img stock official worked first time with not issues.  Thanks Jamminjon82 for the suggestion.  I'll try flashing AOKP tomorrow.

#29 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

AOKP for xt907 flashed fine and worked on my xt905.  The interface looks very nice indeed and runs smoothly.

Issues:

Access Point Names settings not available(greyed out);  Am I doing something wrong here?  

Battery goes flat crazy fast, it went flat overnight with no use at all  (Not really an issue for me...but just feedback)

#30 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

AOKP for xt907 flashed fine and worked on my xt905.  The interface looks very nice indeed and runs smoothly.

Issues:

Access Point Names settings not available(greyed out);  Am I doing something wrong here?  

Battery goes flat crazy fast, it went flat overnight with no use at all  (Not really an issue for me...but just feedback)

I'm going to be building a new, up to date version of this tonight. So perhaps your issue will be fixed? Keep in mind, this is designed for the XT907. Let me see if I can make an XT905 one for you. Not lookin' prosperous at the moment...

• littlejonny likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#31 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

New Update! Update Update Update!

Sorry for the delays!!!

Update in tha OP :p
  • Rob626 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#32 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Issues:

It looks you are on GSM network. Just flash Arrrghhh`s kernel and everything will be OK!

• littlejonny likes this

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#33 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

I'm going to be building a new, up to date version of this tonight. So perhaps your issue will be fixed? Keep in mind, this is designed for the XT907. Let me see if I can make an XT905 one for you. Not lookin' prosperous at the moment...

Yeah, I was surprised that the 907 ROM worked on the 905, and I was even more pleasantly surprised that it showed network access too :) , it was unexpected.

It's probably worth noting that the original stock ROM also greys out the APN when you insert the sim card, and shows them again when you release the sim card.

So as such, I don't think that it is the custom ROM at fault per SE, the ROM generally runs rather smoothly on the xt905, aside from the battery issue.

What I think is happening: When you insert the carrier sim, the phone acknowledges an APN settings lock request (from the carrier or SIM, but think SIM) and locks out all other APN settings until the sim is removed.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about compiling code for the device to break the code request link.

I am keen to try out your new update.... I've become quite a flashaholic lately.  If you would like any detailed feedback on the ROM then please let me know.

....Oh and Thank-you for your development and time donations to the RAZR community!

#34 littlejonny

littlejonny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

It looks you are on GSM network. Just flash Arrrghhh`s kernel and everything will be OK!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Arrrghhhs kernal didn't make any difference to the APN issue, although it may have helped battery performance, but I did not have much of a chance to check battery performance........

I already flashed with new build!!!!

:D It's VERY nice.... but still no APN :( :( :(

#35 kaitoukid93

kaitoukid93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationha noi
  • Current Device(s):motorola razr m

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Issues:

i'v flashed this on my xt905 and i got it very very slow at launcher and setting.so lag wen i scroll up and down.and i can say it isn't  smooth at all.i used cpu-z and got my SoC is msm8960dt.???,can u list the steps that you did??

#36 ejass

ejass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M XT907

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Arrrghhhs kernal didn't make any difference to the APN issue, although it may have helped battery performance, but I did not have much of a chance to check battery performance........

I already flashed with new build!!!!

:D It's VERY nice.... but still no APN :( :( :(

after flash arr kernel,don't forget

chance :

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 to 0
telephony.rilV7NeedCDMALTEPhone=true to false

on build prop n restart

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, 4.4.2, aokp, razr m, xt907, kitkat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users