Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hmm I don't know...there is not a wipe script in the install script. Random recovery issue? Weird

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I never got to the point of installing your ROM. I did all the pre-flash dance and somehow my SD card got wiped, including your ROM zip. I'm using Flyhalf's beta version of TWRP for 4.4.x ROMS. I wonder if it's a bug in the recovery?

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#42 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

Yeah could be recovery issue. Did you choose advanced wipe?? I think that's what it's called. That's what I did when I installed on TWRP so you can check and uncheck whet you want to wipe.

Hey Hooked... Any chance I can dirty flash the newest?? I'm still on the very first release. I'm afraid to touch anything because my battery has been stellar now that the rom has settled.

• HOOKEDONDROID likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#43 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Htc Droid DNA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Yeah could be recovery issue. Did you choose advanced wipe?? I think that's what it's called. That's what I did when I installed on TWRP so you can check and uncheck whet you want to wipe.

Hey Hooked... Any chance I can dirty flash the newest?? I'm still on the very first release. I'm afraid to touch anything because my battery has been stellar now that the rom has settled.

It may be ok...wipe /system folder, then flash rom. That may work....well it'll work, it's just a matter of if the phone will start up etc. Lmk

Those init.d scripts are working OT :-D

#44 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

It may be ok...wipe /system folder, then flash rom. That may work....well it'll work, it's just a matter of if the phone will start up etc. Lmk

Those init.d scripts are working OT :-D

Okay... Dirty flashed newest, wiped system, cache and Dalvik. So far so good. Had a FC for My Google drive. Don't use that so just froze it in TiBu. We'll see how it goes throughout the day. 

Edit: Oh no issues with sd card being wiped. I did advanced wipe in TWRP and just checked the ones I needed.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#45 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Okay... Dirty flashed newest, wiped system, cache and Dalvik. So far so good. Had a FC for My Google drive. Don't use that so just froze it in TiBu. We'll see how it goes throughout the day.

Edit: Oh no issues with sd card being wiped. I did advanced wipe in TWRP and just checked the ones I needed.

Heard, that version isn't playing nicely so I'll probably remove it on the next build. Can just dl it from the market. I think I forgot some libs for Polaris. I'll upload a flashable for those tonight. Let me know how everything works for ya. I've been getting 15-18 hours on a charge. Battery life is always a goal of mine...:-)

• Sabres032 likes this

#46 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:06 AM

Yes. I used the advanced tab and left the SD card and USB OTG alone. Maybe I can flash back to the latest official version of TWRP and try again. Well have to wait until Monday though.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#47 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Heard, that version isn't playing nicely so I'll probably remove it on the next build. Can just dl it from the market. I think I forgot some libs for Polaris. I'll upload a flashable for those tonight. Let me know how everything works for ya. I've been getting 15-18 hours on a charge. Battery life is always a goal of mine...:-)

I'm on CM11 with Palmers kernel and I'm getting in excess of 24 hours with more than three hours screen time. Super excited to see battery life is solid on this ROM since I can be away from home for more than 16 hours on some days.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#48 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

I know I said I would use today to track down why my SD card is being wiped when I didn't choose that option but in feeling uber lazy today. My last rotation kicked me keister and I'm as content as can be to spend my day on the couch watching James Bond movies. Maybe tomorrow I'll figure things out and play around with this ROM.

On a related note what recovery works best with this ROM? I know on 4.4 based ROMs the recovery has to play well with the secure Linux but since this is 4.2.2 based in assuming any recovery would work?

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#49 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

i am just speaking from my own experience so it may be isolated to me, but when i was on the test version of twrp for cm11, halfway through the rom install my phone would reboot itself. i would just go back into recovery and install the same rom again without wiping or anything, and it would finish the install fine. once i reverted back to the latest official twrp, that didnt happen anymore. so, other than the extra install step, it the test twrp should be ok.

• Sabres032 likes this

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#50 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

i am just speaking from my own experience so it may be isolated to me, but when i was on the test version of twrp for cm11, halfway through the rom install my phone would reboot itself. i would just go back into recovery and install the same rom again without wiping or anything, and it would finish the install fine. once i reverted back to the latest official twrp, that didnt happen anymore. so, other than the extra install step, it the test twrp should be ok.

I'm using the beta version of TWRP for CM11. I tried the new CWM but it took forever to make back ups and load ROMs. Maybe something corrupted when I flashed it. When I have the gumption I'll try re-flashing the beta version of TWRP and see if the problem persists.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#51 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'm using the beta version of TWRP for CM11. I tried the new CWM but it took forever to make back ups and load ROMs. Maybe something corrupted when I flashed it. When I have the gumption I'll try re-flashing the beta version of TWRP and see if the problem persists.

back in the day i remember that cwm was a lot slower than twrp, that is why i prefer twrp now. however, it has been a while since i used cwm, so i couldn't tell you for sure if cwm picked up some speed over the last few updates

2qa7hv4.jpg

#52 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I've also been toying with the idea of reverting back to locked, S-On, out of the box stock, taking the official updates then unlock and S-off again.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#53 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've also been toying with the idea of reverting back to locked, S-On, out of the box stock, taking the official updates then unlock and S-off again.

I did that to get the base...they updated firmware.

#54 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I did that to get the base...they updated firmware.

I flashed the newest radios a few weeks ago, flashed fine but haven't noticed and differences. Been super busy the past few days and still haven't been able to track down the SD card wiping problem yet. May have to wait until my next rotation is over.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#55 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Big update coming tonight/tomorrow...been running it for a couple hours. Sorry, been crazy busy with work. Running a restaurant through the holidays is a pita. Finally had a day off today and spent it with Bronchitis. I hate, hate, hate getting sick, but at least I got some work on this done :D

Included in the update:

Viper4Android Audio -got it working

enable write to system -yup, awesome haha

4x5 app drawer

semi-transparent app drawer

transparent & themed status bar

beginnings of theme (system wide)

Center clock

carrier label removed

plus some extra stuff

:good:

• Memnoch73, mrlolli, JB_Da_Greatest and 1 other like this

#56 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hey, look at that, I have a day off. I was searching around the other big developer thread and discovered someone from TeamWin compiled a new recovery for the DNA, 2.7 Beta. I said why not, lets flash it and see what happens. Flashed fine, booted into recovery fine, seemed to do a nandroid fine and and my computer still recognizes my device in adb. Now I'm putting it to the test. I'm going to do a clean install of this ROM, nandroid after set up and see if I can revert back and forth between this and CM11. I'll let you know how things go.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#57 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hummm... the TWRP 2.7 Beta did just that while installing your ROM. I did just what you said by rebooting back into recovery and installing the .zip again and boom... installed and booted up to the set up screens. Good thing is the factory rest and wipe dance didn't erase my SD card. Let the set up of this ROM begin. 

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#58 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Hummm... the TWRP 2.7 Beta did just that while installing your ROM. I did just what you said by rebooting back into recovery and installing the .zip again and boom... installed and booted up to the set up screens. Good thing is the factory rest and wipe dance didn't erase my SD card. Let the set up of this ROM begin.

Haha not losing all of your data is a definite plus :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

#59 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Haha not losing all of your data is a definite plus :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yes, yes it does. Saves a lot of time after loading a ROM.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#60 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Set up all complete. I might leave this ROM on my phone for awhile, it's kind of cool.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users