3 replies to this topic

#1 r3drum9

r3drum9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Alright, I want to start by thanking everyone for all the great work that's done here! It's truly appreciated.

Ok, so I installed Safestrap and installed the Black Widow ROM that was based on an ICS leak before the OTA update was rolling out. I used the Razr Utility 1.7 to do so. Once the OTA was coming, I wanted to return to stock. So, after doing some research and failing at getting RSD to recognize my phone, I downloaded the Razr utility 1.51. After following the instructions and running the program, my phone no longer gets passed the Motorola logo. I just get that and then black screen. I've redownloaded the utility, ran it multiple times and nothing helps. I tried 1.51 and 1.6 and still get the same result. So, to clarify my phone can fastboot, and/or boot to the Motorola logo and that's it. I have the Black Widow ROM on my SD card but I can't get into safestrap, and my goal if possible is to get to stock OTA ICS..

I must be missing something, or I must of done something stupid but I've been stuck here for days and can't unbrick my phone so any suggestions would be life saving.

Thanks in advance!

#2 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

You can't go from ICS to GB. You need to downlaod the 1.81 utility and run option one. Then you should be set
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

You can't go from ICS to GB. You need to downlaod the 1.81 utility and run option one. Then you should be set

+1 Agreed....if you FastBoot back to GingerBread from ICS you will SoftBrick. Not backwards compatable!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 r3drum9

r3drum9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Awesome thanks guys! Downloaded the utility and it worked like a charm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brick, razr utility, safestrap, Motorola logo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users