#41 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I've been using Ikream with the ikandee theme as my daily driver for about the last two weeks. Gotta say I really do love it. Smooth fast and looks pretty badass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
  • afmracer6 likes this
Posted Image

#42 bnb

bnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ok here's the deal.

This is the answer I'm sure you all are looking for since I spent at least, at LEAST, 24 hours + figuring this very answer out.

You want Eclipse or a rom based on an OTA. Even though you miss out on all the amazing features like rotation screen delay time(i love that one in AOKP), themes, and etc, you get the pure stability of what an ICS rom should be all about, and that's data, 100% working bluetooth (my beats wireless would not work an a non OTA based rom like KOA or BW), and I think even better battery life.

That's the price you pay for now if you want to go the exotic route and try something a little more unofficial by themers and modders on forums like these. They deserve mad credit, but they still have a lot of work to do in my opinion to catch up to the pure raw stability of the OTA or any OTA based roms.

So, my complete vote of confidence goes to Eclipse at this time. Mainly because of its minimalist features, speed tweaks, and other little add-ons(nothing too special in the add-on dept like what you get in CM9 or AOKP, but just good enough to use to satisfaction)Nothing else even comes close, hate to say. Even though I LOVE KOA and BW, their imperfections are what turn me off from using them as my base rom.
  • lifeisgood likes this

#43 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Arctic, Simplexrom, Ikream and Dualcore fall in the same category as Eclipse. 211 based with tweaks.

#44 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Eclipse is an awesome ROM. I really like Black Widow too which I'm currently running but I don't like themes built into ROMs. I feel themes should be a separate flash. It is super fast though. I run Black Widow with hotplugx governor/SIO scheduler pack installed via init.d installer and Beats audio zip. .211 system and .214 kernel. Also have CPU sleeper active.

I want to learn to build ROMs so I could make a Moto OTA/AOKP hybrid ROM if possible. ROM control and theme engine from AOKP and Moto settings.apk mostly Motorola components.

#45 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm curious what everyone has for benchmark scores on the different roms or quadrant. Screenshots would be nice to see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#46 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Tried Eclipse, BW, Ice and KOA. I'm sticking with KOA because this is the only ROM that actually allows my Nook Color to connect and run via wireless tether. I have 3 RAZR and 2 NC in the house so its not a fluke. There ya go, get the ROM based on your need.

#47 buschris

buschris

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

another one for iKream. I have tried them all, love the battery mod/ toggles and of course the Urban theme!

#48 topaz330

topaz330

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

another one for iKream. I have tried them all, love the battery mod/ toggles and of course the Urban theme!

where can we even find his roms anymore?

#49 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Eclipse is an awesome ROM. I really like Black Widow too which I'm currently running but I don't like themes built into ROMs. I feel themes should be a separate flash. It is super fast though. I run Black Widow with hotplugx governor/SIO scheduler pack installed via init.d installer and Beats audio zip. .211 system and .214 kernel. Also have CPU sleeper active.

I want to learn to build ROMs so I could make a Moto OTA/AOKP hybrid ROM if possible. ROM control and theme engine from AOKP and Moto settings.apk mostly Motorola components.

Don't CPUSleeper and hotplug pretty much do the same thing? Seems like you can ditch CPUSleeper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#50 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Don't CPUSleeper and hotplug pretty much do the same thing? Seems like you can ditch CPUSleeper.

I agree. Forget cpusleeper.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk

#51 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

R3DSTHEMES FORUM

• bweaver11b likes this

#52 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

R3DSTHEMES FORUM

I just see an error message when I try his forum site. If you go to the root of his domain it just shows a parking page.

#53 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Not just you. It's down for some reason

#54 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Not just you. It's down for some reason

Try going to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and that will get you there. Don't know why the root of it will not work.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk

#55 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

His forum works for me

#56 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#57 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

All the ROMs based of the OTAs are the most stable, but honestly, I totally hate them. They function perfectly, but they don't have all the functions that I've really gotten used to from AOKP builds. I'm running the black widow ROM based off the Milestone 6 AOKP build and LOVING it!

Data is perfect 98% of the time, and a quick airplane mode toggle fixes it within 30 seconds. AOKP till I die.

love AOKP, but some are buggy, I am on BW milestone red theme lately, lots of FC on emails and other system functions....need to wipe and reinstall
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#58 afmracer6

afmracer6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I've been using Ikream with the ikandee theme as my daily driver for about the last two weeks. Gotta say I really do love it. Smooth fast and looks pretty badass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

me too ikandee is awesome!

#59 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

I am loving simplex ROM so far. As far connectivity, moto made an app to fix it

Sent from my true tablet nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users