n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:nrsmac
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M XT907

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hey all, 

Having an issue with RSD Lite. My phone is rendered useless and I am stuck in fastboot mode. I have the correct version of the fastboot files, I have done everything (I think) correctly. However, when I try to restore my phone and flash the file, I get an error saying: Failed flashing process. Unknown command [getvar]
What is wrong? Any help at all would be really appreciated. biggrin.gif

-nrsmac

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

You need to manually edit the XML file and delete the getvar line(s) .... (With any good text editor ).... notepad ++ ....
Is what I use...... Or use Sam's script generator to create a custom XML file and it will automatically remove the getvar lines ....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• ramesh96 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 nrsmac

nrsmac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Google+:nrsmac
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M XT907

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thanks johnthehillbilly! 

I tried you solution but now it is failing the next partitioning process. What should I do now?

Thanks!

-nrsmac

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

What system version are/were you on......what FXZ file are you attempting to flash?.....What exactly is failing? (What error message is it giving).... Also.... You can post the SWDL.txt (found in the RSDlite install directory) that will help us see what is going on.....:)

jhf.png

#5 dduncan55330

dduncan55330

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR M, Verizon Ellipsis 7

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

It kept failing to flash the system.img because of [getvar] so I updated RSD Lite from 5.6 to 6.1.4 then tried again. It flashed without any issue.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

• RikRong likes this

DDUNCAN55330
Droid Razr M XT907

I may sound like I know what I'm doing, but I probably don't :p

#6 semaxd

semaxd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationla

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

im having the same issue i ran it a couple of times.

I tried to remove the getvar line of code but no difference am i missing something? phone says fast boot flash mode, and usb connected

I attched is the SWDL file info too.

thhx in advance

getvar1.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  SWDL.txt   17.51KB   36 downloads

#7 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,437 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Non potest esse nisi unus

#8 semaxd

semaxd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationla

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

you rock :) i was going so fast trying to do this i for got to reload the xml file after i moddded it lol .....whattaya do

• SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Always seems to be the little stuff that we frequently overlook........

jhf.png

#10 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hey guys/sam,

I have a droid razr m and am having problems using rsd to flash 4.1.2 98.30.1. This is the link I used to download the file:

. I tried using rsd to flash it but obviously ran into the getvar issue. I downloaded your script generator and used that. Just to make sure I did this right: I used it to create new scripts, deleted the original xml file from the zip file and tried replacing it with one of either “full” “keep data” or “universal.” Each time, I get an error that reads:

Tried using full: failed flashing process. 1/20 flash partition “gpt_main0.bin” -> phone returned fail

Tried using universal: failed 1/17…phone return fail

Tried using keep-date: failed 1/19 flash partition “gpt_main0.bin” -? Phone returned fail

This is all started when I rooted, tried unlocking bootloader and flashing cm, but didn’t realize I was on 4.1.2 and it failed. Everytime it boots I get the flashboot error screen:

Device is locked. Status code zero.

Fastboot reason: flash failure.

And everytime I turn the phone on and off I have to do the holding three button process and selecting normal bootup to get it to turn on. However, this inconvenience is not the real issue. I’m experiencing issues with the data on my phone. It will work for the first five minutes the phone is on and then it goes out. It has a 4g sign or 3g sign, but won’t actually receive any data. I tried replacing the sim, but that didn’t work. I suspect it may have something to do with me unsuccessfully unlocking/flashing the thing. Regardless, I really need help fixing this thing so I don’t have to buy another phone. It may be a hardware issue, I don’t know, but I suspect its not. Please help quick tho! I own a mac and only have easy access to PC until this afternoon (eastern time).

#11 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,437 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

You can't downgrade. You have to flash the version it's on or higher. If it's failing on 9.30.1 then it was flashed with kitkat and you'll need to use the 183 FXZ. You're well beyond the version that could be unlocked so you will lose any hope of root at this time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#12 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

You can't downgrade. You have to flash the version it's on or higher. If it's failing on 9.30.1 then it was flashed with kitkat and you'll need to use the 183 FXZ. You're well beyond the version that could be unlocked so you will lose any hope of root at this time.

I'll try using 183, but when I got the phone it was on 98.30.1 so I'm not confident that's the issue. And I'm aware that I can't get it unlocked at this point, I just want to get it to run 4.1.2 or 4.4.2 without having to go through the fastboot thing everytime I restart the phone.

#13 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

And is the way I used the scripts generated by your program correct? Deleting the original xml file and subbing in "full" or "universal"?

#14 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,437 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

If you're getting a gpt error, then you're flashing something with a lower security version than what's on the phone. There is no need to delete the xml files just load the one you want to flash.

#15 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

If you're getting a gpt error, then you're flashing something with a lower security version than what's on the phone. There is no need to delete the xml files just load the one you want to flash.

When I tried flashing with the fxz file for 98.30.1 I got the getvar error.

#16 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,437 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

You're certainly not flashing it with my scripts.  Which, um, is the point of my scripts.

#17 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

You're certainly not flashing it with my scripts.  Which, um, is the point of my scripts.

Like I said earlier, I failed without using your scripts and got the getvar error. I used your scripts, deleted the xml file that was in the download I specified above for 98.30.1 and subbed in the "full" script that was generated by your program and got the gpt error I mentioned above. Same thing happened when I tried using keep-data and universal

#18 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

Like I said earlier, I failed without using your scripts and got the getvar error. I used your scripts, deleted the xml file that was in the download I specified above for 98.30.1 and subbed in the "full" script that was generated by your program and got the gpt error I mentioned above. Same thing happened when I tried using keep-data and universal

I'm a obviously a noob here, so thats why I wanted to make sure I was using the scripts generated by your program properly.

#19 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,437 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

And like I said, if you get a GPT error, you're flashing the WRONG FXZ.  I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

#20 bmk92

bmk92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

And like I said, if you get a GPT error, you're flashing the WRONG FXZ.  I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

You're right. I was able to successfully flash 4.4.2. But I'm still having the problem where when I restart the phone it goes into fastboot mode and has the 

"device locked. status code zero.

fastboot reason: sticky bit factory_fastboot"

What do I do so that when I turn the phone on and off it bypasses this screen?

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users