f4113n_sh4d0w

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi all,

So bear with me real quick. I just rooted my phone last (last) night (it's 3am... ugh), and after playing with my phone today, I noticed a couple things that I have multiple questions about.

#1: I was talking to a friend who kept trying to send me picture messages that I'm unable to recieve. I don't even get a "recieved notification," It just doesn't show up, at all. I'm using the stock messaging app. I've rooted to the eclipse rom (Eclipse-1.2RC1) running ICS 4.0.4 on my XT912. Should I not be using my stock messaging app? or am I totally missing something obvious?

#2: I was also using my google Maps tonight. I originally had only turned on google location services, and maps was having a hard time locating me until I turned on my standalone GPS. Is this common? Should I have all three on? Whats recommended?

#3: Before I became "intelligent" and decided to root my phone and get rid of all the crap that is wasted on our phones, I used to love Motorola's SmartActions Application. Is there a recommended similar Application that any of you can refer me to? or just DL Motorola's SmartActions off the Play store? I'd rather have a more efficient app, but somtimes it is what it is...

#4: is there any way to change the applications that are downloaded from the play store, into personalized icons, like we would on our PC? I.e., I love the black and blue look of Eclipse, but the icons of the DL'd applications are kiling the color scheme for me, make sense?

So far, I'm loving everything. I'm just still trying to take advantage of my mental sponge and take in as much info as I can. I just don't want to take in any crap and learn all the wrong stuff.
We process in shadow, to render unto others the truth and light.

#2 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

Okay, I think I can help with some..

1) I run arctic and not eclipse so It may be an eclipse issue. On arctic, I use GO SMS app. On that, I cannot get pic messages or send them while on WIFI, only while on data. Try that and see what happens.

2) I believe google maps uses gps satellites to lock onto your location so google location services will not work. I personally turn standalone on and it works perfectly.

3) The google play smart actions download does not give the "turn off data" option as it does on the stock system. The eclipse developer, however, may have a rebloat package with the smart actions that you can flash.

4) If you use a replacement launcher such as Apex (which is what I use and love), or go launcher ex, they allow you to change the icon. Just long press the icon and press "edit" on Apex or "replace" on go launcher. You can then choose which icon you want to use from your gallery, theme packs etc...

Hope this helps.
Posted Image

#3 f4113n_sh4d0w

f4113n_sh4d0w

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

All of that does help out very much Rob, thank you. I wasn't sure with root and themes if anyone was still using a replacement launcher, but I'll definitely take your thoughts in with some weight behind them. I've been leaving my data constantly on, havent quite figured out how, nor the benefits of turning data off, I still have my data grandfathered, and I'm really bitter about the whole upgrade thing. I'd rather not rebloat my root, I'm really happy with the freedom I've found through all of you. Just was wondering if there was an alternative to thhe smart actions that everyone has found best.
We process in shadow, to render unto others the truth and light.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eclipse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users