21 replies to this topic

#1 vaze159

vaze159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Is there an ETA on a newer version for .214 or .215. I am currently running the .211 eclipse version and i love it and it is very smooth, but i'd like to see an update for the newer leaked .214 and .215 versions of the razr. If there is already one out sorry for the bother of this post.

#2 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Don't ask for ETA's, it doesn't sit well with devs.

But if 211 is currently working good for you, why do you really care about a update?

#3 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

you can always flash it obver the 215 it will still work :D but yeah asking a dev for eta more so making a new thread for it.. is kinda like going up to them and saying get to work you lazy bum.. so yeah dont do that shhhh :P

on a brighter note.. Nitro does amazing work.. and wont release a damn thing till it works.. as far as ive seen.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

You can do what I did. I FXZ'd my phone to stock .211. Then flashed .215. Then I rooted, reinstalled Safestrap and then flashed Eclipse V1.2 RC1 to my phone. So now I'm on eclipse with .215. Remember, with locked bootloaders, these Roms don't include kernels or radios. So when you flash .215 and then a rom over it, the rom is technically running on .215 even if the "system version" still says .211. The reason it says .211 is because that is what Nitro wrote in the build.prop. If it makes you feel any better, you can download a build.prop editor free from the market and edit your build.prop under ro.build.version.full to say "Blue_Version.6.16.215.XT912.Verizon.en.US" Reboot...profit. Your "about phone" under settings will already show the correct kernel and radio because those things aren't changeable.

Don't ask for eta's either, it's very rude.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

At the moment no ETA that I know of as I have been anxiously waiting as well, however there is a v1.2 RC1 that can be found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 vaze159

vaze159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Ok sorry guys I'm new here and did not know it was rude :P

No rudeness intended sorry. And I did notice when I flashed the .211 eclipse rom it still had the leaked kernel from when I flashed .214. So it actually is still running .214 just doesn't say so?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#7 vaze159

vaze159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Don't ask for ETA's, it doesn't sit well with devs.

But if 211 is currently working good for you, why do you really care about a update?

And I just get eager about newer updates to see what these awesome devs have implemented. That's why

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ok sorry guys I'm new here and did not know it was rude

No rudeness intended sorry. And I did notice when I flashed the .211 eclipse rom it still had the leaked kernel from when I flashed .214. So it actually is still running .214 just doesn't say so?

Correct, if you're on the 215 leak on your stock system BEFORE you flash any rom, then regardless what the rom is, you are at least on the latest kernel and radio because those things aren't changeable with locked bootloaders.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#9 vaze159

vaze159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Well awesome. Thanks for the info guys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#10 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

most dev do not develop for leaks, only the OTA

if you are waiting for a 214 or 215 based Eclipse ROM you may be waiting for a long time.

#11 biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Google+:biggiesmalls657@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Has anybody used Eclipse v1.2 RC1? I might want to flash it but I just want to know something if it is a general problem with the rom. I like Eclipse 1.1 ICS and for GB

#12 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Has anybody used Eclipse v1.2 RC1? I might want to flash it but I just want to know something if it is a general problem with the rom. I like Eclipse 1.1 ICS and for GB

I've been on RC1 for weeks and it's without a doubt the best rom out there. I can't find anything wrong with it. Everything works perfect including the dock. Very fast. No data problems. It's all there. I come in these forums everyday looking for something new to see if it can be beat the all mighty eclipse. No dice thus far.
  • biggiesmalls657 and BytecodeMe like this

#13 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I've been on RC1 for weeks and it's without a doubt the best rom out there. I can't find anything wrong with it. Everything works perfect including the dock. Very fast. No data problems. It's all there. I come in these forums everyday looking for something new to see if it can be beat the all mighty eclipse. No dice thus far.

Everything aside from the camera is great lol. I know I can't live without a full working camera like the motoblur camera! I hope they can get the AOSP camera working at 8mp widescreen and get the panorama fixed!

#14 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

The only issue, and Scott (Nitro) said it will be fixed when the official 1.2 comes out, is if you set a PIN on your SIM card, when you reboot and attempt to unlock the phone, it will force close and you cannot get back into Eclipse. You have to either reboot into the unsafe side and remove the PIN or you have to FXD back to stock and then remove the PIN (if you don't have a way to boot back into the unsafe side).

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#15 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Everything aside from the camera is great lol. I know I can't live without a full working camera like the motoblur camera! I hope they can get the AOSP camera working at 8mp widescreen and get the panorama fixed!

The moto camera in wide screen mode is a 6mp crop of the full 8mp sensor. You can achieve the same result with any photo editing app.

maxx

#16 bb12489

bb12489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

The moto camera in wide screen mode is a 6mp crop of the full 8mp sensor. You can achieve the same result with any photo editing app.

My mistake, I did know that it was 6mp wide screen in the motoblur camera. Not sure why I said 8... Non the less though, it just sucks having the aosp camera stuck at 5mp. I don't know, to me it seems that the blur camera makes better use of the screen realestate thne the aosp cam does.

#17 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Can't you just uninstall the Eclipse camera and gallery apks from RC1, then install the MotoBlur camera and gallery apks from v1.1? I've heard from another user that he was able to do this and hasn't had any problems.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#18 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I use the camera app from SimplexROM and the gallery that comes with eclipse works with it.

#19 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I use the camera app from SimplexROM and the gallery that comes with eclipse works with it.

Which Eclipse version are you on?
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#20 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Which Eclipse version are you on?

I did this, it worked perfect. Here is a link to the camera apk from Simplex. Just use root explorer or something like that, browse to /system/app/ delete camera.apk and drop this file in it's place. Reboot. Profit. Works perfect and uses the entire camera. Eclipse ICS Version 1.2

Link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users