Verizon , How Much More?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

I am going to make this short, cause I'm not feeling well. After seeing this news about VERIZON WIRELESS TAKING AWAY MORE OF OUR FREEDOMS. I just thought i would put tbis video up. Basically we all know Verizon, aka the big kid on the block, does whatever they want, when they want, because they know they can. Even if they are in violation of many FCC regulations and statutes. So basically watch the video and do some research and let me know how you feel about what Verizon is doing. Thanks for reading, this is DirtyDroidX and I approve this message :-)

• ShadyFox, pdumont1, DREAK and 3 others like this

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

I wouldn't have taken anything down and told vzw to F*** themselves and “come at me, bro.”
  • cmorty72 and DREAK like this
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

I'm confused. How is Verizon "TAKING AWAY ARE FREEDOMS"?

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'm confused. How is Verizon "TAKING AWAY ARE FREEDOMS"?

They are blocking the first amendment of freedom of speech and censoring the internet. Did you watch the video?
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

Wow this is not cool!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#6 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Great video. It's sad that 98% of Verizon subscribers don't even know this is going on.

#7 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I wouldn't have taken anything down and told vzw to F*** themselves and “come at me, bro.”

Yea that's why I posted this I want them to come at me :)
  • cmorty72 and leviwg like this

#8 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

They are blocking the first amendment of freedom of speech and censoring the internet. Did you watch the video?

I did watch the video. Care to answer my question without referring to the video? I don't see how they are blocking the first amendment.

#9 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

To my knowledge, Verizon is looking to be able to speed up our slow down a user's connection to a site. Depending on if said site pays Verizon a premium or not. Maybe go as far as to blocking sites if they don't pay up.

You want users to have fast and speedy access to your site? Pay up then. If not? We will just slow it down. Really really slow. Muhahahaha!
-Verizon

#10 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'll repost the blog. Someone send it to me and tell vzw to come and get me.

#11 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

I shared video on my FaceBook.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#12 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

To my knowledge, Verizon is looking to be able to speed up our slow down a user's connection to a site. Depending on if said site pays Verizon a premium or not. Maybe go as far as to blocking sites if they don't pay up.

You want users to have fast and speedy access to your site? Pay up then. If not? We will just slow it down. Really really slow. Muhahahaha!
-Verizon

So don't pay for their service. Simple as that.

#13 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

When you are locked into a 2 year contract that doesn't end for another 1.5 years or more (phone has been out since November remember) not paying=screwing up credit. Or paying the cancel could contract fees or sucking someone else into taking over the contract which isn't right.

It isn't "as simple as that"

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

When you are locked into a 2 year contract that doesn't end for another 1.5 years or more (phone has been out since November remember) not paying=screwing up credit. Or paying the cancel could contract fees or sucking someone else into taking over the contract which isn't right.

It isn't "as simple as that"

Not to mention they have superior coverage. Without Verizon I would not be able to get a decent cell signal at work or home.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Simple as that? Really?

If you think for 1 second that everyone just has that luxury to not pay Verizon and go somewhere else, you are sadly mistaken.

Sounds to me like you're perfectly fine with Verizon taking away your 1st Amendment Right of Free Speech. I, for one, am not.

#16 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Are there any other providers that are able to use the RAZR

#17 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

When did access to the Internet become a "right"? The first amendment to the Constitution ;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Verizon is not Congress, folks.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • cmorty72, razorsedge and studiorat like this
maxx

#18 harmlesslyfatal

harmlesslyfatal

Bed Wetter.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationInside the droid razr

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

They still don't have the right to tell someone to take a post down, regardless if it is degrading to them or not. We, the people, have the right to say what we want, to an extent, without prosecution. The suit would be thrown out in court by a pre-law student, let alone someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

It doesn't matter if it's Congress, or if it's Verizon. They still can't order someone to take something off the internet because they don't like it.

#19 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm just happy to say that I don't use Verizon as my only connection to the internet. Luckily for me, it's only a phone connection. But they are treading on some dark areas. The whole world is going to get crazy considering just how big the internet has become over the last 20 years and now, depending on who's in charge at that given moment, there are plenty of people who, in their lust for more power, want to control the internet in it's entirety. The worlds gonna be a scary place in the next 20 years if some of the things people are pushing for actually happen.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#20 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Would like to watch the video, but the link won't load. Hmmmmmmm...........
Finally got it to load. So if Verizon owns the internet, does that mean Al Gore sold it to them?

M<br /><br />Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• captmilk likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users