• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Verizon is pulling a "too big to fail" on us....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#22 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone have a few (tons) of billions (possibly trillions) of dollars to buy vzw and end all this s***! Unlimited data, shared data, web ownership? They kinda are seeming to me like apple is rubbing off with their crazy and outrageous claims!
  • joeyx2 likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#23 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

When you are locked into a 2 year contract that doesn't end for another 1.5 years or more (phone has been out since November remember) not paying=screwing up credit. Or paying the cancel could contract fees or sucking someone else into taking over the contract which isn't right.

It isn't "as simple as that"

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, you signed the contract.

#24 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

Still nobody has said how they're taking our right to free speech away...

#25 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Verizon is trying to censor what's going on the internet, they tried to suppress the man who reposted the blog by threatening legal action, twice. They said they have the right to censor what is being said on the internet because the 5th amendment grants them control over their property and if the government denies Verizon this control, then they are taking away their property with out compensation. Though VZW doesn't own the internet.

They then violate the 5th amendment in trying to censor the internet in making Moore take his reblog and tweets down. Taking away Moore's free speech! Censoring the internet.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yes they did, multiple times.

#27 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

I understand they're trying to suppress what some people are saying about them, but to say "they're taking away our freedoms!" sounds like a bit of a stretch. Libel lawsuits happen all the time. Frivolous or not.

#28 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

I understand they're trying to suppress what some people are saying about them, but to say "they're taking away our freedoms!" sounds like a bit of a stretch. Libel lawsuits happen all the time. Frivolous or not.

Then it should be left up to the courts to decide what is and isn't libelous.

EDIT: Unfortunately they have more money than god and could tie up litigation forever.
Posted Image

#29 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hey, you signed the contract.

But I'm pretty sure the contract didn't say "We may flake out and start telling people we own the internet. When using us as your access to the said internet, we reserve the right to throttle or block your access to certain websites, well, just because. The internet is our newspaper, and all our writers work for free. If you don't like that analogy, well then wait to get out of contract (or pay us monies!) and go elsewhere. Be prepared that your service may suck with them since we own so many towers and you may have to resort to smoke signals in your area. We will also make you nervous by threatening people on the internet that bad mouth us, whether its the truth or not. These actions may prove that we do what we want because we looked for the Constitution on Wiki but couldn't find it. We also reserve the right to go all Al Gore on you in the future claiming that we started the internet (give us time, we still may do this :))
  • etrorteepe and pdumont1 like this

#30 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

Then it should be left up to the courts to decide what is and isn't libelous.

It is left up to the courts.

#31 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

It is left up to the courts.

Oh OK so in other words a company should be allowed to screw people over in any way they deem fit unless/until a court of law stops them. That makes sense.

#32 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Oh OK so in other words a company should be allowed to screw people over in any way they deem fit unless/until a court of law stops them. That makes sense.

Only in America :unsure:
Posted Image

#33 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

you're putting words in my mouth :-)

#34 razorsedge

razorsedge

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Lol. Ya'll crack me up. First Verizon Can do anything they want on their network only. They do not have the right to censor the internet seeing as its not their network. They do have a connection to it. But all they can do is limit what our devices see. Not what our computers see. Secondly, It sad to say but it will take a lawsuit to change this. Its unfortunate that everything is revolving around lawsuits these days.But if verizon is really doing this, then i'm pretty sure the supreme court would side with us considering its the first amendment. My opinion the first amendment supersedes the 5th.

#35 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

As weird as his mustache is, I totally agree with him. I left Verizon Wireless and I am not going back!

Lol. Ya'll crack me up. First Verizon Can do anything they want on their network only. They do not have the right to censor the internet seeing as its not their network. They do have a connection to it. But all they can do is limit what our devices see. Not what our computers see. Secondly, It sad to say but it will take a lawsuit to change this. Its unfortunate that everything is revolving around lawsuits these days.But if verizon is really doing this, then i'm pretty sure the supreme court would side with us considering its the first amendment. My opinion the first amendment supersedes the 5th.

Our devices are computers. Next thing we know LTE Mi-Fi spots will require you run Verizon software on laptops and desktop to ensure "security" too.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#36 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

First it starts with the "Big Boy On The Block" and then other providers start to follow pursuit. Not just cell providers but cable, satellite and all the others. It needs to be stopped before it spreads like a virus. Just my .02¢

#37 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

First it starts with the "Big Boy On The Block" and then other providers start to follow pursuit. Not just cell providers but cable, satellite and all the others. It needs to be stopped before it spreads like a virus. Just my .02¢

In all other countries, you tell wireless carriers what to do. They work FOR you. I doubt they will follow suit. They will lose my business like Verizon did if they do.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#38 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Just remember, shareholders are their top priority, not the customers.

#39 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

In all other countries, you tell wireless carriers what to do. They work FOR you. I doubt they will follow suit. They will lose my business like Verizon did if they do.

Vote with your dollar I say.

#40 sugarcoatedangel

sugarcoatedangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Verizon is trying to censor what's going on the internet, they tried to suppress the man who reposted the blog by threatening legal action, twice. They said they have the right to censor what is being said on the internet because the 5th amendment grants them control over their property and if the government denies Verizon this control, then they are taking away their property with out compensation. Though VZW doesn't own the internet.

They then violate the 5th amendment in trying to censor the internet in making Moore take his reblog and tweets down. Taking away Moore's free speech! Censoring the internet.

Ok Verizon tried to sensor what 'one man' posted about VERIZON in a negative fashion. Have you all heard of SLANDER? They are not trying to sensor your freedom of speech or your use of internet, they have absolutely NO way of doing that. However, when you post something negative that could potentially cause damage to the entity being posted about, they have a right to push back and that's EXACTLY what Verizon did, at least that's what I took from that video.

I am in no way defending Verizon, but they have a right to defend themselves, just as much as you have a right to your freedom of speech/interent posting. Just be careful what you post. Verizon would win this in court hands down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users