• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 sugarcoatedangel

sugarcoatedangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Oops, forgot to put *sarcasm* at the end of my post.
Look I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but I do believe that corporations practice pushing the envelope on what consumers will tolerate in the name of profit, not "infrastructure", "investment" or "development". More control generally translates to better self-preservation which equals more profit. If a company can get away with something and make money doing it then its win-win for them.
Case in point: gas prices. Do you really believe that more than 2.00/gallon is justified? Once oil companies found that the market would bear more than that price AND that the consumer would consistently pay more than that price, anything less than that was perceived as a loss of PROJECTED (not real) profit and could not be tolerated. Bye-bye intrinsic value, hello market manipulation.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Good point about the gas...

#62 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Net neutrality. Look it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • mattlgroff likes this

#63 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

You're not bursting my bubble, I don't give a crap what you post. Yes you can post what you want, and it stays on the internet FOREVER DUDE!!!! If it is found slanderous towards the an entity, and they can prove that your posts caused them loss of business/earnings, that entity whether person or company has the right to defend themselves in LEGAL action, EVEN IF ITS AN OPINION!!! Have you heard of Lawyers and the legal process? We live in America, land of the free. That also means the freedom to sue the #$%^& out of you for your review, whether your review bears truth or not!

EDIT: peace-

If what I post is true and someone lost buisness over it, it's their fault not mine... bring it on. That is all.

Business must hate Angieslist huh? ;)

EDIT: Not gonna argue the point about rights to sue... and sue for just about ANYTHING whether it be legit or BS. Only in America.
Posted Image

#64 sugarcoatedangel

sugarcoatedangel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

If what I post is true and someone lost buisness over it, it's their fault not mine... bring it on. That is all.

Business must hate Angieslist huh? ;)

EDIT: Not gonna argue the point about rights to sue... and sue for just about ANYTHING whether it be legit or BS. Only in America.

Agreed.

#65 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Good point about the gas...

there's waaay more to the price of gas than oil companies. start at wall street and speculators
as far as verizon? unless they give you a court order...and that's not likely going to happen...they can't do anything to stop anyone from posting.
never enter a contract you can't afford to pay. buying a phone outright and no contract is cheaper by about $500/yr
plenty of other carriers out there, there are prepaid mvno using the verizon network for 1/3 the cost of verizon

#66 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

I sent a letter (email) to VZW the response was this

My name is Kelly and I will be happy to review your email for you today.

xxxx, we appreciate having you as a Verizon Wireless customer! Unfortunately, in regards to comments on the You Tube link, I will suggest calling us at your earliest convenience so that we can get you in contact with our Media or Legal Team for a more proper explanation. We would like to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you can give us a call at 800-922-0204.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

I tried calling and asked for the Media dept, and was on hold for 73 minutes I hung Up,
I called legal and was placed on hold to speak to someone in Media Media picks up I explain myself and they reply
That is a legal matter and placed me on hold....Legal picks up and said they have no knowledge or information on this Issue, I told them to
Bring it on ....if they wanna play their games we will gladly step up!!!,
I then posted a letter on www.planetfeedback.com and have yet to hear a response

you never do legal stuff over the phone or email
use certified mail return receipt

#67 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

They still don't have the right to tell someone to take a post down, regardless if it is degrading to them or not. We, the people, have the right to say what we want, to an extent, without prosecution. The suit would be thrown out in court by a pre-law student, let alone someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

It doesn't matter if it's Congress, or if it's Verizon. They still can't order someone to take something off the internet because they don't like it.

they have every right to request you to take something down...they do not, however, have the right to MAKE you take it down...they also can take away your service for any number of reasons, and there's nothing you can do about it...

#68 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Private company.
All you can do is give your money to some other vendor.
(Unless you can prove that this is related to some other actionable grievance)

The general lack of understanding (by US citizens) of the US Constitution is ... embarrassing. Stay classy...
If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#69 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm not sure if people understand what the OP is saying. In essence Verizon thinks they have the right to be able to filter what you see or say via their broadband network. BIG NONO!!
Posted Image

#70 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Like it or not, they do have that right. At least until somebody challenges them in a court of law and it's ruled otherwise. Those that don't like it and don't have the money for that sort of thing have the right to tell them to take a hike and they can go elsewhere. Now, before you say they are the only option, the same is true for me too. Still, I'd be willing to bet that most people would survive just fine without any cell service. I did it for many years before they came into existence. So did everybody else. If you don't like the way they do business, the best way the average person can make their voice made is with their wallet. If you want the luxury of having a smartphone, well, .....................

#71 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

They might get away with it, but doesn't mean they have the right to do it. Being capable of doing something doesn't give you the right to. If you disagree, I'm assuming you are currently in jail for rape.

#72 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

There is no "right" involved here. It's a private business. They can do as they please and you can do as you please in response to it. I'm not saying I'm on their side. It's just the way it is. Freedom of speech relates to what the govt can't do. Not a private business. It's been said in this thread already, you can dump VZW if you don't like what they are doing.

Edit: The child rape thing is a bit extreme I think. It's not even in the same ballpark as what's being talked about here. There's laws against it. There is no law against what VZW is doing. Not yet anyway.

#73 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

They can NOT do as they please. Private business or not, they must cater to the laws as they stand. If THEY don't like it, they can shut down the service and cry to someone who gives a rats 4zz
Posted Image

#74 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

None of that applies here though. They haven't blocked any content from this guy. Haven't shut him down because of what he said. They simply told the guy to remove it or face legal action (I'm willing to bet it's just a bluff). He can do as he pleases. It would be a different story if they had just pulled the plug on him. As far as I can see, they haven't broke any law(s) as they stand. They are trying to get the laws changed. That's what the story is all about. At least from what I've seen and heard about it. Yeah, that's a rotten deal and I don't like it either but they haven't broke any law. If they have, a court of law will end up deciding on it.

You are correct in that they have to follow the laws as they stand. Like I said, they are trying to get the laws changed. It sucks yes, but they aren't breaking any law by trying to get the law changed.

#75 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

None of that applies here though. They haven't blocked any content from this guy. Haven't shut him down because of what he said. They simply told the guy to remove it or face legal action (I'm willing to bet it's just a bluff). He can do as he pleases. It would be a different story if they had just pulled the plug on him. As far as I can see, they haven't broke any law(s) as they stand. They are trying to get the laws changed. That's what the story is all about. At least from what I've seen and heard about it. Yeah, that's a rotten deal and I don't like it either but they haven't broke any law. If they have, a court of law will end up deciding on it.

You are correct in that they have to follow the laws as they stand. Like I said, they are trying to get the laws changed. It sucks yes, but they aren't breaking any law by trying to get the law changed.

I never said they broke any laws and yes this is about them trying to change the laws... so they can do what they please instead of catering to their customers. Who's paying who for what?
Posted Image

#76 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

is a stylish version of outfit which reflects the charming in the modern.

can go properly with a lot of styles of cloths like jeans and sweaters. There are various fine designs like waffle-knit thermal lining, ribbed cuffs and hem. All these tiny fine styles could work pretty nicely and draw people's attention incredibly.

attract many individuals for their leading high quality, inexpensive price as well as superior after-sale service. In addition,

can also provide persons the most effective after-sale service around the globe.

is in ultra-smooth and light-weight, the iconic chambray shirt is tailored for a trim, contemporary fit and completed with vintage-inspired particulars for a the look of a well-worn favorite. And

is machine washable which is preferd by many individuals espacially by men. Individuals usually are concerned about the quality of merchandise in promotion. Nevertheless, there is no doubt

of the excellence of goods in

. People can really feel secure to purchase any lacoste polo shirts through

How is this relative to this post at all? I think this is spam since it is your only post ever?
a what? an android? whats that?

#77 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Bingo! Spammer strikes again

#78 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Bingo! Spammer strikes again

Die spammer scum!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
  • Nitewolf likes this
Posted Image

#79 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Good news is IP's can be banned. Bad news is proxies :angry:
  • Hero_Indeed likes this
Posted Image

#80 Natedog

Natedog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

When did access to the Internet become a "right"? The first amendment to the Constitution ;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Verizon is not Congress, folks.....

When I'm PAYING for it!?!?! Get it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users