DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Got angry with my RAZR because it crashes hard, frequently.  Some days, never.  Other days up to five times a day.  I've factory reset it a couple of times to no avail.  Out of frustration I slammed it on a table and shattered the screen. If I hadn't done that I could probably have returned it to Asurion for a replacement.  Now that I caused the damage I'm not sure it's eligible for replacement.   The phone still works but I may end up cutting my fingers on the cracked glass!  :angry:

Oh well.  This may be just the reason I have to get a different phone altogether!

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

ugh that sucks.  Get a Nexus 5 and leave VZW!  This is what I did not too long ago (not b/c I smashed my phone) and couldn't be happier.  mmm Nexus

• neckchop likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Asurion will take it just say you dropped it and it broke that's what insurance is for ;)

• The Persuader likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#4 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenton, TX

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yeah I thought about it, and may still.  But I hate to pay another $100 deductible only to get the same phone (which I was never really pleased with, though slightly better than the Bionic I had before).  That $100 and some more can net me a much better phone.

HTC Droid DNA

#5 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Yeah I thought about it, and may still.  But I hate to pay another $100 deductible only to get the same phone (which I was never really pleased with, though slightly better than the Bionic I had before).  That $100 and some more can net me a much better phone.

Hey, I'm hearing an Echo....

You  :o  Dropped your Phone or the Fee is Higher...LOL...Show me your Sign... ;)

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#6 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

ugh that sucks.  Get a Nexus 5 and leave VZW!  This is what I did not too long ago (not b/c I smashed my phone) and couldn't be happier.  mmm Nexus

How's Google's and Nexus 5...

Sorry, But do you find to be so different between VZW and Google

#7 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Yeah they're different.  Pure Android, be the first to receive updates, and can unlock the bootloader.  I'd jump to one in a heartbeat.  In fact, I'd have one now if it wasn't for the fact that the only decent choice for providers where I live is VZW.  I'm stuck. I'd be sooooooo gone if that wasn't the case.

#8 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Yeah they're different.  Pure Android, be the first to receive updates, and can unlock the bootloader.  I'd jump to one in a heartbeat.  In fact, I'd have one now if it wasn't for the fact that the only decent choice for providers where I live is VZW.  I'm stuck. I'd be sooooooo gone if that wasn't the case.

Appreciate your Candidness...

Believe it or Not, Nexus was my first Choice before I chose the Razr Maxx....but it was Google really wasn't so sure of their long term Commitment or Direction and don't remember What the other reasons were..

I am Feeling a New Yellow Brick Road... ;)

Thank you Robo.. 

#9 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Well, if I could use one, I'd buy one.  So much development for them.  Only thing I used hear bad about them was the radio wasn't worth a you no what.  That was a while ago though and things may have changed.  They were built by Samsung at the time and it may have just been a Samsung thing.  Don't know but, like I said,  if I could use one, I'd buy one.  Endless development.

#10 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Well, if I could use one, I'd buy one.  So much development for them.  Only thing I used hear bad about them was the radio wasn't worth a you no what.  That was a while ago though and things may have changed.  They were built by Samsung at the time and it may have just been a Samsung thing.  Don't know but, like I said,  if I could use one, I'd buy one.  Endless development.

Robo...

You mentioned Carrier Coverage...Is this supported just by Google's and No other Carriers?

#11 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenton, TX

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

Can't really leave VZW at this time.  Long story (crackhead brother), but I'm locked into a contract with 5 lines!  4 lines suspended with only my line being active.  ETFs would kill me.

HTC Droid DNA

#12 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

wrong!  T-Mobile will now pay you up to $650 per line to switch!

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#13 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenton, TX

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well I only need the one line.  The other 4 have to go bye-bye, too, but I have no use for them.  Crackhead will not have access to my account anymore. Besides, he's in prison (good riddance).  To bad I can't get back the other phones.

HTC Droid DNA

#14 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Can't you just port your one active number over and leave the other VZW lines inactive?

#15 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Would be nice to figure out a way to have T-Mobile pay the $650/line, start a new VZW acct and port the one number you use back to VZW and let the TMo credit ride out the lines you don't use.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#16 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Would be nice to figure out a way to have T-Mobile pay the $650/line, start a new VZW acct and port the one number you use back to VZW and let the TMo credit ride out the lines you don't use.

Hell'va an Idea I might say...

#17 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

wrong!  T-Mobile will now pay you up to $650 per line to switch!

LD...

Are you currently with T-Mobile now...If so, how's the Reception/Coverage Domestically ...

#18 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

LD...

Are you currently with T-Mobile now...If so, how's the Reception/Coverage Domestically ...

I am. Switched a couple of months ago. I live and work in NYC and coverage has been really good for the most part. Inlaws live in SC near Hilton head about 4 miles in from the main road and I get no signal at their house. Other than that unfortunately I can't tell you but from what I've heard coverage is good in and around major cities ...and they just bought a bunch of lower freq spectrum from vzw so that should eventually help ...I am pleased with it so far.

sent from my hammerhead

#19 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Robo...

You mentioned Carrier Coverage...Is this supported just by Google's and No other Carriers?

No, it's not a Google thing.  I'm not sure right now where the Nexus is allowed (not Verizon for sure).  In the past it's been ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile and the like.  Problem is, there's pretty much no coverage for any of them where I live.  One can hook up with them now and then around here depending where you're at but it's not reliable at all.  I've got a friend who's on ATT and comes here every once in a while.  It's not good.  My mom used to be on Sprint and when she was here, she couldn't use the darn phone unless she was 20 miles west of here. Not good. So, I'm stuck at this time.

#20 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

No, it's not a Google thing.  I'm not sure right now where the Nexus is allowed (not Verizon for sure).  In the past it's been ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile and the like.  Problem is, there's pretty much no coverage for any of them where I live.  One can hook up with them now and then around here depending where you're at but it's not reliable at all.  I've got a friend who's on ATT and comes here every once in a while.  It's not good.  My mom used to be on Sprint and when she was here, she couldn't use the darn phone unless she was 20 miles west of here. Not good. So, I'm stuck at this time.

T-Mobile seems to be the Best Place to hang you Hat with Nexus...Now, AT&T... I'd pay them not to be my Carrier if they were the last Carrier on the Plant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users