• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

According to Motorola's FCC filings the Razr HD will have NFC capabilities. This is widely used in the Galaxy S III for sharing photos/videos with Near Field Communication (NFC) and by the Galaxy Nexus for Google Wallet to use your phone to pay for things in the checkout line, assuming they take it.

Posted Image

Also, we notice in one of the FCC filing sections, the battery is is 2530mah as compared to 3300mah in the Maxx and 1750mah in the Regular Razr.

Because the new Snapdragon S4 processor in the Razr HD is more power efficient, we should still hopefully see at least a day of battery life. I personally think adding NFC is the reason the battery mah was decreased.

Furthermore, SVDO is a feature in the radio of this phone. This allows using voice and data at the same time over 3G. (Already possible with voice and LTE data previously).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What do you guys think of these changing along what we already know? 1 or 2 GB of RAM, newer generation LTE/HSPA+ radio also found in the Atrix HD, 720p resolution, comes with ICS, soft keys with a 4.6" screen, most likely a nice VZW locked bootloader as well.

And would a locked bootloader really kill this phone? With bootstrap/safestrap and the root exploits by the amazing Dan Rosenberg the DROID RAZR went from flop to powerhouse in the development community. We get more development done than some other devices that even have their bootloaders unlocked!

I want to hear some thoughts, but no flame wars ;)
  • Krazr, DarkOverDroid and 11/11/11EPIC like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Shouldn't this be posted in the Razr HD thread? :P PS I already posted it a couple days ago :ph34r:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mattlgroff likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Have to say I'm kind of sad, I was hoping to see the 3300mah in the HD. If I had to choose between keeping NFC capabilities or a fat battery Id go with the battery, no brainer.
  • mattlgroff and DarkOverDroid like this
Posted Image

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Have to say I'm kind of sad, I was hoping to see the 3300mah in the HD. If I had to choose between keeping NFC capabilities or a fat battery Id go with the battery, no brainer.

That's what I did for my Galaxy Nexus GSM. I got a 3850mah extended battery but it has no NFC :)
  • Hero_Indeed likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#5 poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Glad to see a smaller battery in the RAZR HD so that my MAXX isn't completely obsolete already :-)
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#6 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sound like all the new phones from Verizon may end up being bootloader locked so not so much an issue for me. I'm pretty happy with the razr'z build quality, radio and battery life (maxx).

The specs on this phone look good. I'd consider it.

#7 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Specs look good, but if it is Verizon only I probably won't bother buying it. Unless things change majorly at VZW, I don't intend to stay with them once my current contract is up.
  • koreanschoolkid and DarkOverDroid like this

#8 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

I will not date a girl that doesn't have NFC capabilities.
  • leviwg likes this

#9 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

The other big thing I want to know for certain is specs on the RAM. I could think of a lot of things we could do with 2 gigs thats for sure.
Posted Image

#10 martybm5

martybm5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

At this point locked bootloaders are a given with VZW .... as such, I would think this is a pretty nice piece of gear. I think there are all kinds of uses for NFC (and security holes lol) but the overall features are very nice. I dont know if its worth leaving the MAXX for but going from an OG razr to this is a nice upgrade....

#11 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Wouldn't justify an upgrade from me, especially an unsubsidized upgrade, which I'm now limited to thanks to verizons new share everything (INCLUDING THE COLOSSAL BILL) plan. I'll keep my unlimited data. This phone will be plagued with battery issues, larger display and higher quality cancel out the slightly larger battery than the og razr. even with a 1.5 snapdragon, it isn't an upgrade to me or if so it is a miniscule upgrade. The specs of the next phone I buy at full price will be as follows: 3500mAh battery or larger, almost 5 inch screen or larger, 1.8ghz quad core or higher, 2gigs of ram or higher, with a quad core gpu of dedicated 500mhz or more. This phone would be bordering on a phone tablet crossover which the note and razr hd elude to and would be what I want in my next phone. It would eliminate the need for me to carry a laptop or tablet, imagine a "phone" with my named specs on the lapdock.

#12 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Good specs for a tablet, but bordering on 5" is becomin phablet. Am I the only one that thinks 4-4.5 is best?
  • Prymaldark likes this

#13 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Good specs for a tablet, but bordering on 5" is becomin phablet. Am I the only one that thinks 4-4.5 is best?

I agree. I saw the galaxy note and it's too big to carry, unless you fashion yourself with a purse (which i don't).

#14 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't understand why they would make a device with a bigger screen and higher pixel density but a smaller battery..

Anyway, I don't think the HD will be a smash hit unless they announce an unlockable bootloader with it. Too many advisors are avid hackers and wouldn't suggest a Motorola phone because of that situation - they need to realize this.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm excited. I'll wait exactly 6 weeks after release and pick up a nice, new Razr HD Maxx when that comes out. Sweet, can't wait.
  • Krazr, BoneZ and Ahowe125 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#16 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm excited. I'll wait exactly 6 weeks after release and pick up a nice, new Razr HD Maxx when that comes out. Sweet, can't wait.

Good thinking! :lol:

#17 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Or buy it at the 5th wk and file an fcc complaint. :D

Sent from my pager maxx using Tapatalk.
  • Krazr likes this

#18 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I don't understand why they would make a device with a bigger screen and higher pixel density but a smaller battery..

Anyway, I don't think the HD will be a smash hit unless they announce an unlockable bootloader with it. Too many advisors are avid hackers and wouldn't suggest a Motorola phone because of that situation - they need to realize this.

It feels like VZW is just herding so called "hackers" (in my case just a person who wanted a working phone) to the GNex. Not a bad phone by any measure but it doesn't exactly fit every hand like a glove. Their locking of the SGS3 signals a disturbing executive decision by VZW in regards to unlocked phones. The Razr Maxx is one of the best selling VZW smartphones and they saw that most consumers don't seem to be greatly concerned. Consider that most of us would go into the "hacker" category according to VZW (I prefer the title of "Leeching User") but we all got the Razr Maxx. Are some of us jumping ship for other carriers? Sure. But I think they know exactly what they are doing with locked bootloaders and know that they have easily the largest LTE network in the USA and many will have the choice of either going Big Red or Big Blue or dealing with 5mbps wimax on Sprint.
TL;DR
I think it will be a very good selling phone despite the obvious drawbacks regarding the bootloader because frankly, where else do we go?

#19 Haloman800

Haloman800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@AbrahamAnderso2

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Glad to see a smaller battery in the RAZR HD so that my MAXX isn't completely obsolete already :-)

I second this, lol.

#20 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Matt 4.5 is fine by me, I want the biggest phone I can use one hand to navigate, but also accommodates a second hand if needed, like a game or other 2 handed tasks, but I will need them to have every other spec I mentioned before I can consider leaving my 1.35-1.4 ghz, 1gig of ram dual core phone with a 4inch screen, and good battery life, and I'm on the thin razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users