• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well if all bootloaders from big red are going to be locked, then that puts us razr folks ahead of the curve. Looks like bootstrap type recovery will find its way on more devices. Sucks about never having a custom kernel on vzw devices though. The future of a vzw crackflasher looks bleak....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Verizon has taken the stance that they are superior to the Constitution, why would you expect them to care about the FCC?

I don't And here's why, at least I think:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Verizon Federal's Defense and International Services Division is responsible for all Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, United Nations, World Bank, and special accounts supporting customers in over 50 countries worldwide. The business has approximately $1 billion in annual revenue.

Federal Network Systems (FNS) LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verizon Communications. Our focus is to design, implement, operate, and maintain mission-critical wide-area government networks.

It's called political clout ;)

#23 mines_01

mines_01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:BDDFM
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

They did not unlock it, the community did with Project Cheesecake.

I guess we all need to start making a whole lotta cheesecake. Maybe we can pull a Razr out of it. lol

#24 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well if all bootloaders from big red are going to be locked, then that puts us razr folks ahead of the curve. Looks like bootstrap type recovery will find its way on more devices. Sucks about never having a custom kernel on vzw devices though. The future of a vzw crackflasher looks bleak....

not all...just moto. For now. Many other HTC and Samsung can and will unlock....Its not so much big red...If you unlock these devices legitly you basically void your warranty. Htcdev.com

#25 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

They did not unlock it, the community did with Project Cheesecake.

Seems like a group of experts in the Razr crowd should try to do the same.. the unlock is out there somewhere.

To point out why I think this would be great, I have an old D'inc running AOKP ICS and it is FULLY functional plus goodies because it of course has a custom kernel. It's a shame to see an old phone like that run better on AOKP than our Razrs. especially since the D'inc will NEVER see an opfficial ICS update.

#26 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Seems like a group of experts in the Razr crowd should try to do the same.. the unlock is out there somewhere.

To point out why I think this would be great, I have an old D'inc running AOKP ICS and it is FULLY functional plus goodies because it of course has a custom kernel. It's a shame to see an old phone like that run better on AOKP than our Razrs. especially since the D'inc will NEVER see an opfficial ICS update.

I am definitely working hard on this with other much smarter people :)
  • cmorty72 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#27 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I am definitely working hard on this with other much smarter people

Hashcode is close
  • cmorty72 likes this

#28 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I am definitely working hard on this with other much smarter people :)

Very awesome to hear :D Thanks again for all the hard work all you guys put into everything!

#29 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hashcode is close

He is doing Kexec, completely different from unlocking it.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#30 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

The bootloader will NEVER be unlocked. Unless it's done so by Moto. Bypass? Maybe.

#31 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

The bootloader will NEVER be unlocked. Unless it's done so by Moto. Bypass? Maybe.

It's too bad. I I've always liked Motorolas build quality. I just picked up the nexus 7. It's the first device after the OG DROID I've had with an unlockable bootloader.

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

It's too bad. I I've always liked Motorolas build quality. I just picked up the nexus 7. It's the first device after the OG DROID I've had with an unlockable bootloader.

Yeah it's pretty sad. This phone and many other Moto phones have some great potential if the bootloader was unlocked.

#33 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Bypass has already been done. Seen the threads and video on YouTube ..its been a little while since I've checked but I'm pretty sure it works on both us and eu..YouTube video will walk you through. But, I am not seeing the risks being all that worth playing with..

#34 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Bypass has already been done. Seen the threads and video on YouTube ..its been a little while since I've checked but I'm pretty sure it works on both us and eu..YouTube video will walk you through. But, I am not seeing the risks being all that worth playing with..

Still only GSM right now.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users