#1 alfredw

alfredw

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

I am have an issue with volume control to speakers over bluetooth.

I have Driod Razr Maxx HD phone running android 4.1.2 and another one running 4.0.4. I also have a droid razr (not hd).
I have a Braven 855s speaker.
I also have other speakers. All of the mentioned speakers also have speakerphone capability.
I also have an Asus tablet running 4.0.3

When I first got the speaker it worked fine with my phone. Then suddenly it quit working properly. I haven't taken any updates to the phones.

When I connect to the Braven from either phone I am unable to control the volume from the phone. The slider seems to work but the volume does not adjust. It will go from off to on and then stays at the same volume. 

This does not happen with the other speakers, volume control works fine with them. It also does not happen when I connect my Asus Tablet to the Braven speaker.

I have tried using numerous apps that claim to be able to regain bluetooth volume control, none seem to work. 

When I re-pair the speaker to the phone ( which I have done many times) I sometimes get a brief message stating "Adjusting Volume For Bluetooth" .

I also get the "Adjusting Volume For Bluetooth" message when connecting to the speaker and then I get a message of "Restoring Media Volume" when I disconnect from the phone.

I have to assume that there is some sort of bluetooth volume control setting that I am not seeing or understanding. Or some ap which is taking control of the volume control.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Alfred

#2 alfredw

alfredw

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

So last night I was playing with this and trying different things and I discovered that if I receive a call over the bluetooth speakerphone feature of the Braven that the volume works. While talking through the braven I am able to control the volume with the Razr phone. Then when the call was over the volume control went away.

Still puzzling it.

Alfred

#3 alfredw

alfredw

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Bump

#4 alfredw

alfredw

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

For those of you with the same problem I found a solution although it isn't as elegant as I would like it to be.

I found that the Poweramp app music player app give you control of the volume over Bluetooth just great when it is playing.

So then for when I use Pandora I downloaded the Fine Volume Control app. It works well but doesn't give you control using the volume toggle, you have to use a slider on the display, but it does work.

The downside for both apps is that they cost $ if you want to keep them past the trial period. It seems like I should be able to do this with just the phone settings, but for now at least I have control.

Alfred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users