7 replies to this topic

#1 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

So I was part of the very first soak for the Droid Maxx 4.4 Kitkat update. I received the update and it installed just fine(it did not brick my phone). Shortly after that the update was pulled because of all the issues it had. Now my phone sucks. My battery life is horrible, there is lag all the time, simple games and videos bog my system down, and touchless control and assist no longer work right.

My question is, because I "successfully" installed the first soak version, will I ever get the new better update? I've heard it supposedly already rolled out to all the soakers and is now going out to everybody else, but I am still stuck with this crappy version. Any insight Would be much appreciated.

BTW My Maxx has never been rooted and I don't intend to. Otherwise I'm sure the new update would be available to flash. I Just don't wanna go down that road this time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#2 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Have you tried system updates in about phone? Your other option would be rsd, or house of moto.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#3 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have been checking for system updates constantly. I do not want to root so RSD is out. I just want the new OTA . just wondering if I should have already received it.

#4 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

The OTA was initially pulled due to the number of bricks being reported not due to any "issues" people were having after the update. The released OTA is the same as the original so, no, you won't be prompted for an update as you're already on the latest firmware.  I'd try either flashing the fxz with house of moto or fastboot to see if a fresh flash cures the problems you are having. You don't need to be rooted to do either, not to mention that, assuming you have a consumer edition, there is no root method once you're on 4.4. 

#5 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

If you were an "official" soak tester and did not get the soak pushed to you by mistake like some have reported then you should be familiar with the Motorola support forums. I would go there and ask what can be done. I am sure that Matt or someone would be willing to help or guide you to a path of resolution for your issues. 

• pmbarrontx and kitcostantino like this

#6 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Late to the game here but going to ask anyway. Have you attempted a factory reset since the update? Most people that I've talking to on Google+ communities, including myself, have seen a dramatic improvement after performing a factory reset.

I've noticed that my touchless controls are 1000% better now, battery life is back to normal if not better.

I only ask about the factory reset because Verizon will ask you to perform it too before they will entertain swapping it out 98% of the time. If you've already tried and still no good results, you will make the process faster.

• neckchop, pmbarrontx, Memnoch73 and 2 others like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#7 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nicely said.  That actually holds true for most devices.   An FDR after an update is a recommended process.  If you follow any of the soak threads, the number one fix for most of the issues presented is just that.

• neckchop, pmbarrontx and jughead75 like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#8 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

Something to note, friend, RSD lite does not require root. you need the latest Motorola Device Manager drivers, and RSD lite. you power off, then hold volume down and power for a few seconds. when you release it, you will be on your bootloader screen (black background, colorful letters) you start RSD lite and pick decompress and start flashing. after that, your phone should reflash. be sure you have kit kat and not jellybean. this is useful reading:http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=2645122. also to find your stock FXZ look here:http://sbf.droid-dev...s.org/index.php . RSD lite is a Motorola tool. it is not complicated if you read up a bit. good luck either way, man. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users