Toggles in power button
Clock in status bar changer

#22 newms323

newms323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

This may not be possible to do, but I would have my cake and eat it too if there was a way to get webtop and the hdmi to work with CM9 our another ROM that has similar customizing options. I'm not sure how well I explained that, but I hope it helps.

Epically Blue CMaxx9

#23 Toytank

Toytank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

This may not be possible to do, but I would have my cake and eat it too if there was a way to get webtop and the hdmi to work with CM9 our another ROM that has similar customizing options. I'm not sure how well I explained that, but I hope it helps.

Epically Blue CMaxx9

I see this request many times. I also would love to have HDMI support with AOSP roms the HDMI keeps me on blur based for now....Not sure if there is missing source or drivers or what.

Custom Kernels would be awesome I know there is some WIP as well as modules. I know this probably won't happen unless the BL gets unlocked.

#24 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

I see this request many times. I also would love to have HDMI support with AOSP roms the HDMI keeps me on blur based for now....Not sure if there is missing source or drivers or what.

Custom Kernels would be awesome I know there is some WIP as well as modules. I know this probably won't happen unless the BL gets unlocked.

Its because source is very difficult to get working on aosp.

#25 ilanderech

ilanderech

I want to be blue!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Google+:ilanderech@gmail.com
  • LocationMexico City
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr Maxx

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

I´m sure that all of us who own a OG Razr are concerned about battery so i would say delete all the apps that consume the most battery, mod the automatic dim, inlude all governors available as well as Schudlers, options of customization, I really think (thanks to Brian) that a rom becomes more user friendly with the time as we play with it and make it ours, each one of the roms is unique so we have to try everything to be able to say whats better =D
Posted Image

#26 barkleyfan

barkleyfan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Blur functionality, aosp customization. Why Moto clings to 10% battery is beyond me. I was always a fan of Liberty customization. Stock launcher is smoother than adwex, but I hate horizontal drawer, and the rainbow icons. Inverted colors is handy for making things viewable in most conditions. Saves on battery as well. I prefer battery savings over benchmarks. Toggles are big for me, but power menu options are huge. I would really like a reboot/recovery option in power menu.

#27 disturbed58

disturbed58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I like the battery life and extras of the aokp roms but still get annoyed by the rotate bug and loss if data. The data has been improved greatly from earlier builds but is nowhere near blur roms.

A stripped down blur rom with pulldown toggles, 1% battery, reboot, governor modules, speed and battery tweaks would be ideal. There are several existing that are close but missing something.

#28 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

As black as possible
CM/AOKP base prefered if possible to provide other required functions, only reason being that they are not dependent on Moto/Verizon to continue providing a new source but instead continue to improve daily and transparently. Likely would need to be Blur based.
HDMI mirroring
Lapdock support
Recognizes the Nav dock (The docks provide great extra potential functionality for automation/environmental customization, and could be used as fantastic triggers for controlling profiles)
Dropdown toggles
Little to no pre-installed apps that we could always just grab ourselves from the market
Init.D support
Customizable lockscreen
Additional schedulers/governors /w tweaked settings baked in
Homescreen locked in memory
Image quality maxed
Option to load apps in tablet mode (ParanoidAndroid-esque)

this ^

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#29 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I am now a huge fan of the CM9 profiles. Helps with battery soo much. Having my data switch off when screen is off. I would also favor some CPU scaling. Like extreme undervolting when in sleep, yet still quick on the draw when I press to wake. Dark and like. No bloat but with customization. I want to be able to make my phone look unique with and stand out. But mostly I just want a ROM I can last a day, but not have noticeable performance loss.

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#30 noahsark3

noahsark3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

This is going to sound really dumb, but I would love the idea of a completely stripped down stock ROM, looking like AOSP like eclipse does, but with no themes, no bundled apps, nothing. EXCEPT the stock signal icons in the status bar. In Eclipse, the WiFi and cell icons are too close together and it drives me nuts. Themes, which could be fairly easy to put together, would be flashed right over for people that want them.

#31 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Yeah, what /\ he said. I want a rom that comes with nothing. Make it as fast as possible, and load as few apk's as possible.
It would be moto based just because that is what currently functions best. I don't need or care about theme manager, I can theme my own.
Include contacts and phone, and leave everything else out.
Don't theme anything.
Oh, and toggles for sure.

#32 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

This is going to sound really dumb, but I would love the idea of a completely stripped down stock ROM, looking like AOSP like eclipse does, but with no themes, no bundled apps, nothing. EXCEPT the stock signal icons in the status bar. In Eclipse, the WiFi and cell icons are too close together and it drives me nuts. Themes, which could be fairly easy to put together, would be flashed right over for people that want them.

That ROM has been made and goes by the name of Simplex ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • o0kot0o likes this

#33 crw5

crw5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:crw5

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

In my opinion, the most important characteristics of a rom are (in this order):
  • Stability - This is why I am currently running a rom with a blur base. I'm not saying that the rom needs to be blur based, but I can't stand when my phone freezes, reboots, or has data drop.
  • Battery Life - The phone is worthless if it is dead.
  • Speed - Everyone loves fast.
  • Customization - Have a menu of themes, mods, and apps (blur vs aosp apps) that way the user can flash them and build the rom to their liking.
Features (again, don't have to be included in the rom, but could be flashable):
  • Blur messaging- While it isn't as clean as aosp messaging, I like having group messaging without having to use a third party app like gosms.
  • Blur camera- 8mp camera without having to use a third party app
  • Overclocking/Undervolting capabilities
  • A built in feature similar to the app QBright (allows you to adjust the screen brightness from holding down the search button. also has customizable presets) to save battery
  • Toggles integrated into the status bar
  • Multiple 1% battery options
  • Customizable lockscreen with sms preview, weather and universal music control options with album art. Or you could just pop up a different lockscreen when music is playing similar to the poweramp one. Also, it would be cool if it had pop ups for notifications (similar to that eye-phone thing)
  • Reboot/Recovery in power options
  • Universal Emoji support (don't judge me....i can't stand not being able to see them when someone uses them)
  • Ability to link volume controls (such as ringer and notification)
  • An alert that lets you know when a new version of the rom has been released
  • Built in root browser
  • Ad blocker similar to the one in Jrummy's Rom Toolbox Pro (block ads in browsers too)
  • Built in profiler similar to tasker
  • Built in wifi tethering
  • Feature similar to the app screen filter that allows you to turn the screen brightness lower than the system preset (for when you're at a movie or something)

#34 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

SpyderMaxx, great idea!

I really like toggle pulldowns, power button w/reboot, recovery, _bootloader_ (straight to ap fastboot) options. Blur, so everything works, & 1% battery.

Data stability is very important, b/c it is still a phone & also many apps want to confirm licensing (i.e. TiBu) - which needs connectivity ..

While I am at it - some way to add a favorite font (Comic Sans) & …

The black bkgrnd w/ICS blue is fine by me! good contrast with color…

Plus really important for security: an app/process that can control how the Task Manager works- this is important b/c I've noted that my banking / balance app - Loot will still show the screen w/my very personal info if you long-press the home soft key even after I've hit the back soft key... used to be, when you exited the app like that, the personal data screen for Loot was closed-

but beyond security, it would be nice to have additional Task Mgr enhancements i.e. the ability to 'pin' an app in the Task Mgr list (a la Windows Start menu), or prevent an app fm being listed (security & convenience of not having to clear it) -

plus scheduled flushing of the Task Mgr cache - it's gotta be something that eats up memory / drags down performance.

That includes a setting a threshhold for flushing the cache either for individual apps & /or a global setting for whenever the Task Mgr cache reaches a certain size… &/or based on time…

just hoping some dev picks up on this Task Mgr idea for a rom, or as a standalone app…

seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#35 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

I just want a rom that is close to stock, but debloated, and runs like butter with good battery life.
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#36 Pr3fix

Pr3fix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

it would be nice if we could somehow get the "software update" menu option to actually work.. ie instead of having to manually download updates you could just do it from within the phone. Don't know how feasible that is with ROMS (I'm not a modder) but I know myself and MANY friends would appreciate that! Plus it seems much more professional :)

#37 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Pr3fix, you can use the system update, to get the stock rom update, but to get debloated, or updated, turbo-charged versions; you have to download them & flash them.

It pays to be careful, & wait & see that there are no major problems, like installing the (prev versions) leak of ics, like .84/5 which had the prob of not being able to go back to GingerBread, but once you see that otkers have no obvious probs or gotchas w/side stuff like tethering, then feel free to profit fm stable stuff like the 215 update… any probs, people help here & there is a chat room for big probs…

Good luck!
seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#38 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

pulldown toggles,assorted battery options(1%) of course,reboot and recovery options in power window

i agree i would like those as well. but i do think they should be flashable addons so that people who don't want can add or put in stock rom but add way to revert to no % battery with toggles.

"one of things I don't like is favorites on my dialer, I would much rather have my contacts in place of favorites"
"Personally, having drop down toggles and 1% battery are huge necessities."
i could'nt agree more. these are a definite must for me.

also i pefer a rom with standard color theme across the board. so if your rom is a darker theme, like ICS or jellybean then the gapps should match. so the inverted gapps with a dark rom is a must for me.

#39 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I want:
Blacked out or no theme at all
Debloated
Smooth
Good Battery life
AOSP apps
Pulldown toggles
Flashable mods

That's it for me. :)

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#40 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

-A ROM that is BootStrapper safe!
I know, I've read all of the pros and cons, but I just don't want a safe system.

-Customisable notification toggles, not just 'this is what you get'.

-Option for NO battery. Please.

-Webtop.

-Did I say BootStrapper support?? !! :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users