#61 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

I too came from the droid x but once I found MIUI, I never flashed again. Also sorry for the thread high jack but...on topic. If anyone with dev abilities wants to sink their teeth into an awesome rom, MIUI V4. I would DIE to have this on my phone. If we EVER get Kexec after things that have transpired over the last 24 hours, I know for sure MIUI would be easy as pie to port over. I want MIUI so bad! It is the be all-end all ROM build.

Trust me! When the time comes you'll will have kexec... Its not ready for release but it will be. Just gotta have patients! I personally did a fresh bake last night and my guess is that it will be soon. :D

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#62 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

Trust me! When the time comes you'll will have kexec... Its not ready for release but it will be. Just gotta have patients! I personally did a fresh bake last night and my guess is that it will be soon. :D

Patience*, and what he said. :D Sorry EmericanX, I'm a grammar freak.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#63 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Lol.. all good! I'm so use to auto correct I don't even pay attention to if its the correct word or not.

#64 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Oh you don't have to worry about me. I'm not the type to Hound a dev about a release date or put in requests. I know the etiquette.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#65 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Toggles are coming along for this. Almost bug free. But Emerican I could your help with some stuff on them. Then Ill get to work with adding customization to them. Ill be on Gtalk later today and maybe we could talk.

#66 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

I may or may not be around on talk later. Not 100% sure. Its my brothers BD so I'm not sure how much drinking we'll be doing! Lol.

#67 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'd love to see a stripped down blur based rom like eclipse with aokp toggles, aokp octo lock screen, and gingerbread blur dialer (best dialer available) or atleast give the ICS blur dialer the same functionality.

#68 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

So you want aokp but with a blur dialer? Lol there is no point in converting so much aokp over. Ill see what i can do for a few toggles though. Ill see if i can get some items over also but no promises. Alright emerican have then. Lol ill talk to you about it on thursday

#69 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

So you want aokp but with a blur dialer? Lol there is no point in converting so much aokp over. Ill see what i can do for a few toggles though

No, I prefer stripped blur over aosp, but I fell in love with the aokp toggles (the old toggles got stale after 2 years) and the aokp lockscreen. the rest I prefer stripped blur and the old gingerbread blur dialer. Stripped blur wouldn't have the bugs that aosp roms have (since I got this phone in feb. I've used nothing but aokp for more than an hour or two but I want a bug free rom.

#70 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Ok well ill see what i can do then

#71 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ok well ill see what i can do then

I'm hoping kexec helps fix all the bug problems with aosp/aokp but I'm not sure it will since I had other unlocked phones and that still didn't help get ICS running (my bionic had a better working ICS than my unlocked t bolt). So far on my Droid X, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZR Maxx stripped blur roms run much better than aosp roms and on the t bolt stripped sense roms were better than aosp roms.

#72 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm hoping kexec helps fix all the bug problems with aosp/aokp but I'm not sure it will since I had other unlocked phones and that still didn't help get ICS running (my bionic had a better working ICS than my unlocked t bolt). So far on my Droid X, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZR Maxx stripped blur roms run much better than aosp roms and on the t bolt stripped sense roms were better than aosp roms.

That's because there's better developers working on moto hardware... ;-) lol.

Honestly I think kexec is going to be a game changer for us! Take it as you will...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#73 Adr14ng

Adr14ng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:adriannn55@gmail.com
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

You're such a tease emerican

#74 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

You're such a tease emerican

Gotta keep interest up... lol we cant let all the cats out of the bag. ;-)

#75 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Gotta keep interest up... lol we cant let all the cats out of the bag. ;-)

Do you suppose kexec will help combat issues regarding paying embedded flash media? It's really starting to be a bummer not being able top watch flash videos on my phone. Why would they stop support all of the sudden?! I'm mad as hell!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#76 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

I would like a very minimumlistic like rom. I noticed some rooms are using half of my ram on boot while others hardly use any. Guess that's the arch Linux coming out in me..:lol:

Everyone here does a outstanding job. It's amazing at the knowledge that is found here.

#77 the.internet

the.internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I know I'm (fashionably?) late to this party, but I would just like to say, thanks for taking the time to ask us. As if you devs don't already do enough for us as is!
I would absolutely LOVE to see Flyme ported over, but that'll probably never happen.
To be realistic (and oddly completely the opposite of Flyme), I'm all about minimal ROMs that still manage to be feature-packed. I would love CM9/10 style (toggles are pretty much a must for me), but still have something like Smart Actions, as it's great for silencing my phone at work in case I forget to. I would love to see a very customizable lockscreen (a la Widgetlocker, MiLocker, etc), and having lapdock capabilities has become a make or break for me, as I ended up getting one and I no longer have a laptop.

Regardless, thanks for everything, you guys keep me enjoying my phones and impressing others! :)

#78 chesterv

chesterv

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:chetvent

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Would like to see the "volume rocker wake" feature as an option. Loved that feature on the OG Droid Roms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users