n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Google+:austinkregel@gmail.com
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX HD

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

Let me start out by saying I have a Razr HD Maxx Stock ROM (4.1.2). Verizon update 9.18.94 XT926.

I have been having many issues with my phone lately. It started after I rooted my phone. I changed the boot animation, and that soft bricked my phone. After a whole day of rebooting my phone, it decided to boot 3 times. The first time it booted wowed me and I tried to factory reset my phone. That didn't get rid of the boot animation. So I decided that next time it boots up I would try to root my phone. That worked. Now I had to install the root browser and get rid of the animation with the root file browser, installed through the APKInstaller(.com) and the I launched it. It took time to delete the zip file but it worked too. 

I also had a corrupt bootloader. But I fixed that too. 

I was also able to install SafeStrap v3.63 via the APKInstaller. So I have SafeStrap but every time I install a ROM from it, it says that they are all corrupt. Did I installed SafeStap with a rooted phone. However the bootloader is not unlocked. Should that matter? I have read online that SafeStrap was for phones that cant have unlocked phones. I have not yet found a set of instructions for my specific variety of phone or if i do the instructions are not for my phone but people say it works and I end up with a "broken" phone... Are there any 4.4 ROMS that work with SafeStrap? I have tried both of the ROMS listed below and both have failed.

I can't boot into my stock rom which is why I am in need of assistance. I have no access to the internet on my phone currently. It won't boot past the "Please select a language" and "Please wait, this may take a few minutes." I can pull down the settings up at the top (I had  to enable debug settings and what not) and that worked. But I am having absolutly no luck with ROMS or getting past this screen.

Is there any advice you can give me (other than getting a new phone, the battery life is to wonderful).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

You should start with the house of moto found here....

that will "nuke and repave" your phone back to 100% stock.... Then you can root, safestrap,etc etc..... Should fix you right up :)

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

But please..... Do yourself a HUGE favor and read read read prior to doing.... And if you have any questions/doubt's.... Please ask before doing something you don't understand....:)

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

• RikRong likes this

jhf.png

#4 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Okay I'll try that first I really hope this works... My business is on hold, waiting for me to fix my phone.

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Make sure you backup any important data from your internal and external storage(s) before running as well:)

jhf.png

#6 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

For this "o) The correct FXZ for your Device from here: 

My phone is not listed there Nor is my FXZ...

I need 9.18.94 for the HD Maxx. I thought that the HD would have it and they don't.

So that was another brick wall I ran into while trying to fix my phone.

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

there is the right one....:)..... It says 9.30.1 but it is the same exact one as 9.18.94 :):)

• austinkregel likes this

jhf.png

#8 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Okay now that my phone has been fixed... (THANK YOU SOOO MUCH BTW)

For installing roms can I just use SafeStrap to load them now? And they should work?

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yes
... Root
....install safestrap

Flash ROM!!!!!

Have fun!!!!!!

• austinkregel likes this

jhf.png

#10 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Thank you soooo much!

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#11 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Let me start out by saying I have a Razr HD Maxx Stock ROM (4.1.2). Verizon update 9.18.94 XT926.

I have been having many issues with my phone lately. It started after I rooted my phone. I changed the boot animation, and that soft bricked my phone. After a whole day of rebooting my phone, it decided to boot 3 times. The first time it booted wowed me and I tried to factory reset my phone. That didn't get rid of the boot animation. So I decided that next time it boots up I would try to root my phone. That worked. Now I had to install the root browser and get rid of the animation with the root file browser, installed through the APKInstaller(.com) and the I launched it. It took time to delete the zip file but it worked too. 

I also had a corrupt bootloader. But I fixed that too. 

I was also able to install SafeStrap v3.63 via the APKInstaller. So I have SafeStrap but every time I install a ROM from it, it says that they are all corrupt. Did I installed SafeStap with a rooted phone. However the bootloader is not unlocked. Should that matter? I have read online that SafeStrap was for phones that cant have unlocked phones. I have not yet found a set of instructions for my specific variety of phone or if i do the instructions are not for my phone but people say it works and I end up with a "broken" phone... Are there any 4.4 ROMS that work with SafeStrap? I have tried both of the ROMS listed below and both have failed.

I can't boot into my stock rom which is why I am in need of assistance. I have no access to the internet on my phone currently. It won't boot past the "Please select a language" and "Please wait, this may take a few minutes." I can pull down the settings up at the top (I had  to enable debug settings and what not) and that worked. But I am having absolutly no luck with ROMS or getting past this screen.

Is there any advice you can give me (other than getting a new phone, the battery life is to wonderful).

I comb through this tread to offer some advise that I didn't see mentioned since one of those ROMs are the ones that I posted. Since having a Locked Bootloader sad to say that the only ROMs that you will be able to load up with SafeStrap are Stock based ROMs. All the current Source build ROMs require the bootloader being unlocked since they are ment to work off of the boot.img that is included in with the ROM. Since there is no development on a Kexec kernel for locked bootloader no source built ROMs will be able to run or install using SafeStrap. 

• johnthehillbilly likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#12 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

I comb through this tread to offer some advise that I didn't see mentioned since one of those ROMs are the ones that I posted. Since having a Locked Bootloader sad to say that the only ROMs that you will be able to load up with SafeStrap are Stock based ROMs. All the current Source build ROMs require the bootloader being unlocked since they are ment to work off of the boot.img that is included in with the ROM. Since there is no development on a Kexec kernel for locked bootloader no source built ROMs will be able to run or install using SafeStrap. 

So if I were to go download, say stock KitKat, it should work?

#13 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

So if I were to go download, say stock KitKat, it should work?

Only if there is a flashable stock KK ROM compatible with safestrap...

jhf.png

#14 austinkregel

austinkregel

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Okay since I cant get away from having an unlocked bootloader, is there anyone you know of who has unlocked a device similar to mine?

#15 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

More then likely getting someone to figure out on how to unlock it again is a hope and a prayer. They have a tread for it that combined the root as well, but since root was accomplished its running towards getting unlocked again right now. There is word on getting a update to a Moto Kit Kat stock which flying around. So maybe there is still hope.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SafeStrap, ROMS, ROM, Razr HD Maxx, Verizon, 9.18.94 XT926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users