• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 nevildev

nevildev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083110&p_id=9283&seq=1&format=2

I highly recommend this 5000mAh battery from mono price. This company has a 1 year warranty and the best customer service I have seen from any company. At around $30 you will not find a better deal anywhere for this size. Plus you can recharge any USB device including ipads and better devices that require more power.

Does this fit in your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 11/11/11EPIC

11/11/11EPIC

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Google+:Adamspald@gmail.com

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yes, its not the smallest but it does fit in my pocket.

#23 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

Yes, its not the smallest but it does fit in my pocket.

Did you click the link in the very first post?

#24 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

I really want one but I want it to be worth my money Q_Q

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#25 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

I really want one but I want it to be worth my money Q_Q

you'll soon find out.

#26 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Found this in another thread, thinking about getting one for the wife's og razr.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2Edit: The link points to the other post, where you'll find a link to the battery case.

#27 apl

apl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Anyone get one of these battery cases yet?

#28 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Anyone get one of these battery cases yet?

I should get mine within 5-7 days. I will do 3 full charge disharge cycles before commenting on it's performance.

#29 Scipio

Scipio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

I should get mine within 5-7 days. I will do 3 full charge disharge cycles before commenting on it's performance.

I'll do the same, I ordered it a while ago with no tracking available so when it comes in I'll post how it works

eb7gn6.png

#30 apl

apl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks I will buy one if it works out for you two.

#31 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

I've emailed the seller for pictures of the battery attached to a RAZR and any additional instructions. No reply yet.

I'm wondering if the battery case has to be removed for charging or will the external charger give both the external battery and internal battery a full charge.

IDK, the Ebay listing says battery case takes 4 hours to charge, seems like it would take longer if it were to charge both at the same time.

#32 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Jcubed likes this

#33 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

The battery arrived today.

It comes in a nice looking retail package with a small instruction booklet. The directions are in broken English, but easy to figure out. It seems well built, nice looking and fits the RAZR snuggly. If you look at the pictures in the above post you will see a universal power symbol on the right lower side. Pressing this button quickly, will light up 1-5 blue LED's that give an indication of the charge left in the external battery pack. Once the battery pack is attached to the RAZR and your internal battery is exhausted you press and hold the external battery switch for 3 seconds to start the charging process. To end charging, press the button for 3 seconds to turn the external battery off.

It requires a micro USB @ 5 volts 500 milliamps and 4 hours charge time. If you will use this combo daily, then you would probally need two chargers. It would be nice if both batteries could be charged simultaneously the the RAZR's charging port, I also see no warnings or cautions about charging the RAZR with the external battery attached. Until this issue is clarified, I would ensure the external battery is turned off via the rear button switch on back.

I am in a hurry writing this, but wanted to give a heads up and first impression before I leave for the day.

I had it attached for a short time to get a sense of fit and feel. It does add a little bit of bulk and protection at the same time which is a bonus. All controls and doors are accessible. I don't think the feel is bad, especially if it turns out not to be a turd and gives me a little extra battery life. I am a heavy user so I am rooting for this little guy.

More to come after a few charge cycles.

Edit: The card slot door is visible, but cannot be fully opened unless battery case is removed. The back and sides of the case are slick to the touch, wish they had a grippier surface. The case does provide limited protection to the phone and the added weight would likely make a fumble or dropping of the phone on a hard surface unpleasant.

So far, the case has more positives than negatives.Edit: only one charger is needed as the charging port on the external battery will charge both batteries as long as you leave the external unit turned on.
  • cmorty72 likes this

#34 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Seriously thinking of buying the case

Invictus Maneo!

#35 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Well I completely discharged my internal battery then turned on the external battery. Instead of leaving the phone turned off, I left it on while it was charging. Once the internal battery reached 60% it stopped charging and the internal battery took over and the external battery had one LED lit that indicates 20% capacity left.

I suppose if I had left the phone turned off it may have charged it to 100% capacity, IDK maybe not. Anyways, I didn't buy this thing to charge my internal battery, I bought it to keep rocking on my phone when the internal battery pooped out.

At any rate, the battery needs a few cycles to get it in the mood.

I am open to any type of additional testing scenerios. ?????

Any input or advice is welcome.

#36 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lol, gotta love the Chinese. A belt clip/battery pack that turns an og razr into a Maxx, or what I like to call the real razr that Moto didn't force out before Christmas.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#37 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well I completely discharged my internal battery then turned on the external battery. Instead of leaving the phone turned off, I left it on while it was charging. Once the internal battery reached 60% it stopped charging and the internal battery took over and the external battery had one LED lit that indicates 20% capacity left.

I suppose if I had left the phone turned off it may have charged it to 100% capacity, IDK maybe not. Anyways, I didn't buy this thing to charge my internal battery, I bought it to keep rocking on my phone when the internal battery pooped out.

At any rate, the battery needs a few cycles to get it in the mood.

I am open to any type of additional testing scenerios. ?????

Any input or advice is welcome.

My best experience with battery pack is keep it on at first and let the external battery die first. It lasts longer holding a charge than it does trying to fully charge

Invictus Maneo!

#38 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

That was my initial intention, but it quit charging once the internal battery hit 60%. Once it stopped, the external battery indicator showed it had 20% left.

#39 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I mean to let the internal battery stay at 100%. Essentially the case holds 2400mah that is more than the internal battery so if you allow it to keep the internal battery at 100% you should theoretically be able to stay at 100% at least as long as your internal battery life would normally last

Invictus Maneo!

#40 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

So far, the pack was unable to charge the internal battery fully.

I would have more confidence if the cells were of Japanese manufacturing. I have had so so luck with Chinese Lithium batteries in my other hobbies.

This pack needs more exercising.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users