• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

please, does anyone know of a way to get this to work or a work around? if you run the nfl mobile app and plug in your hdmi cable it stops playing an says hdmi cabe detected. must be a measure to prevent it. i have heard that Xternal Display used to work but it doesn't install since ics. the mirror display mode doesn't help. wondering if the stock webtop can be modded to bypass this check or if the app itself can be modded?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

please, does anyone know of a way to get this to work or a work around? if you run the nfl mobile app and plug in your hdmi cable it stops playing an says hdmi cabe detected. must be a measure to prevent it. i have heard that Xternal Display used to work but it doesn't install since ics. the mirror display mode doesn't help. wondering if the stock webtop can be modded to bypass this check or if the app itself can be modded?

There are a dozen discussions on this already, with very few people seemingly interested. There is no progress being made that anybody knows about. If you would like to see that change start doing some dev work, offer a a bounty, or at the least hunt down the Xternal Display dev and ask them to provide info on how they cracked Webtop before and if they have looked into doing it for ICS.

#3 Krazr

Krazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

There's a simple way to output the video feed on the TV. I haven't done it since last year because the stream quality looks pretty bad on a big screen TV. Anyways, I think this is how I used to do it.

1) Download Xternal Display:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2) Open Xternal Display and Enable HDMI output

3) Open NFL Mobile

4) Profit

Nevermind lol. Sorry, I didn't read through your entire post!

#4 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

well thx for the info. i was hoping to hear someone was working on a fix.

#5 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hmmm. I just got NFL Mobile and its sweet. I also bought a multimedia dock with car dock for $40 off of ebay and bought a hdmi cable for $7. All oem. I will try to stream it and if does not work. Then I am going to call vzw and ask them about it.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#6 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

I got my items in the mail Monday. Found all to work well but when I tried to watch NFL mobile app. I got a hdmi/tv error. I called Verizon and asked them about it. They said to uninstall the app and install it. Then next step is look into options on the phone. I did ask him if some apps you were not able to stream via the webtop. Never got a straight answer. Not sure if he knew. Try now after install of app.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#7 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

so apparently you didn't get it to work either. there has to be a work around somehow. this really sux cuz i want to watch redzone on the go and would like to plug in to a monitor or tv to see it larger.

#8 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

found a kinda work around. check out the link for an app. i installed on my laptop and razr maxx. this allow me to output my screen to the laptop with much larger display. then my laptop has an hdmi output. so i can now connect that to my tv and viola. nfl redzone on the go. kinda a hassle but it works. not very clear either but if you want to watch with friends instead of on the tiny phone display it's ok. i set the display options to medium resolution and display size to medium as well. seems to render the video without as much jerkyness. hope this helps someone else out.

#9 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

I downloaded them from play to my phone. I will have to mess around with it this weekend. Thank you.

#10 raw33

raw33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

There is a solution for this for devices on Ice Cream Sandwich.
You can find the discussion here, solution is on the 7th post by user jbattershell --->

#11 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

wow, thx raw33

method works but you have to run it everytime and use a laptop or pc to do it while phone connected to the laptop or pc. wish it could be done through terminal emulator or an app but it just won't. oh well at least there is a way.

adb shell am broadcast -a com.motorola.intent.action.externaldisplaystate --ei hdmi 0 --ei hdcp 1

awesome find

[UPDATE FIX WORKING]

hear is where i found the fix:

scroll down to last post which speaks of an app called "Tasker". you can get it in the market.

this is exactly what i did and it works perfectly.

[Instructions]

open up tasker
click on Tasks tab
+ create a new task called whatever you want.
+ add an action of Task and then type Wait and set to 20 seconds
+ add an action of Script and then Run Shell

in the run shell task add this to the command textbox

am broadcast -a com.motorola.intent.action.externaldisplaystate --ei hdmi 0 --ei hdcp 1

check the Use Root box
now save the tasks by clicking the checkmark at bottom left on the screens till you get back the main one

click on Profiles tab
+ add new profile leave name blank and click the checkmark
select Appliation for First Context
scrolldown till you find the NFL Mobile application and select it then click the checkmark at bottom left
a Task Selection box should appear now and you can select the task you created above

in the bottom right you will see the on/off button. just make sure this is on when you want to use.

now close out of that application and it should still be running in your notifications bar
plug in your hdmi cable and set to mirror display
launch NFL Mobile and in 20 seconds the task will run so before it does you need to click on a video playback which will result in an error
now in just a few seconds you will see a tasker message saying it was granted root access which means the script has ran
now click the close button on the error message and click video play again

viola, winner winner chicken dinner.

you got NFL Mobile via HDMI output on your phone. hoooowaaaah
  • abelr1978 and bjorkyou like this

#12 bjorkyou

bjorkyou

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

mgrimmenator description above works. However, it only worked AFTER I rooted my phone. Found that process on Youtube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users