• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

We will likely have it before then thanks to kexec, but I don't expect Moto to ever push an official update to JB.

according to android central and a few other sites the razr line will get jellybean.

#22 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I think that depends on the razr's "end of life". I think we'll see it

naw we aren't near an eol yet.

#23 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Thank you for that berating and unfriendly reply, I feel so much more welcome here. If I wanted to be yelled at over an innocent comment, I would go to my ex-wife. Consider me officially unsubscribed!!! I was getting bad information here anyway.

Oh goody, look he's gone, he was a jerk. Now we can continue our arrogant little hoity-toity special club.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I was gonna say, really guys? Let's bash a person asking a simple question looking for guidance or trying to clarify what sounds like a rumor! That's great thing to do!!! Sorry about that man, I think we will get jb. Bit to be honest I don't think its a whole lot better than ICS... the notifications are smooth but its not that much different. I have a nexus 7 so I do know what its like. Again, you should not have been bashed this much at all. Hope you stick around.
a what? an android? whats that?

#24 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I was gonna say, really guys? Let's bash a person asking a simple question looking for guidance or trying to clarify what sounds like a rumor! That's great thing to do!!! Sorry about that man, I think we will get jb. Bit to be honest I don't think its a whole lot better than ICS... the notifications are smooth but its not that much different. I have a nexus 7 so I do know what its like. Again, you should not have been bashed this much at all. Hope you stick around.

+1!

But I disagree about jb not being much better than ics. I also have a nexus 7 and I think jelly Bean on this device will be a HUGE improvement over ics! Not that there's anything wrong with ics, but jb adds a great deal of polish...

I've seen a lot of people get senselessly bashed around here lately. Way more conflict than one would expect. I hope people wise up, a "community" isn't worth much if you chase everyone away ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • Aixelsyd likes this

#25 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

we will get jellybean, it's not as big of an update as ics was. i suspect we will get it this fall before the razr hd ships.

#26 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

hmmm..... i dont wanna see this go any further lol but what kind of "bad information" were you getting here anyway... ? and considering ICS became official to the RAZR in late june/ early july... who said anything about JB making it to the razr within a months time? only google devices will get upgrades first, and as they stated earlier, everything built from moto goes to verizon to be passed... considering that information.. nuff said about an OTA? :ph34r:

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#27 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

If they get kexec figured out, ota updates for razr are a thing of the past. I am confident devs can build bettr kernels than moto. Vzw and moto can keep their ota's

#28 callahanx

callahanx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:blcx
  • Google+:brandoncallahan30@gmail.com

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

MODERATORS please remove some of these posts it looks terrible for the site.

#29 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

MODERATORS please remove some of these posts it looks terrible for the site.

Seriously?

#30 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Thank you for that berating and unfriendly reply, I feel so much more welcome here. If I wanted to be yelled at over an innocent comment, I would go to my ex-wife. Consider me officially unsubscribed!!! I was getting bad information here anyway.

Oh goody, look he's gone, he was a jerk. Now we can continue our arrogant little hoity-toity special club.

Why let forum posts or members get to you. Its not worth the bother to let it get to you. I have to say I like the X-wife comment tho as I use to use/say the same thing.......lol.

And plz don't unsubscribe it is really not needed. But I do want ot question or ask what this supposed bad info is/was.

#31 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

People are quick to 'judgement' you because posts like this are ridiculous and painful. Updates come when they come, nobody knows anything until it actually happens. The whole "I read" or "a Verizon employee said" thing has been beaten to death and it never, ever, ever ends up having any truth to it.

The only useful info we have comes from the leaks, and if we start seeing 4.1 in the leaks then that's a pretty good indication that Verizon will release it at some point. We aren't there yet.

I wouldn't go that far. there use to be plenty of GREAT info around that was fact. Problem is to many clowns on the twitter & forums stepped on toes they shouldn't have and the ppl who use to get and post it have stopped ( I was 1 of them but not under this user ID name). Sure info is still around but not very good, I just laugh when I see some of it posted knowing it is dead wrong and not even close to true. That said because of the troubles it brought on many ppl I just stopped doing it is all and refuse to anymore.

Back to topic its highly likely JB will be coming, but not anytime soon lets just say that

#32 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

...everything built from moto goes to verizon to be passed...

everything built from moto goes to verizon to be bloated up...

Fixed that for ya ;-)
  • andlaw likes this
maxx

#33 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think everyone who posted from the op to dccoh needs to apologize for your rudeness and for bashing him. There was absolutely no need for this and you drove away a community me member. This is a community. Not a court room to yell at people. This is insanity and this thread should be locked/deleted. I hope you guys are proud for making him feel bad for asking a simple question.
  • weaponx likes this
a what? an android? whats that?

#34 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

I think everyone who posted from the op to dccoh needs to apologize for your rudeness and for bashing him. There was absolutely no need for this and you drove away a community me member. This is a community. Not a court room to yell at people. This is insanity and this thread should be locked/deleted. I hope you guys are proud for making him feel bad for asking a simple question.

I agree. We have way too many body guards around here. Everyone should just chill a bit.

#35 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

I agree. We have way too many body guards around here. Everyone should just chill a bit.

My thoughts exactly,man was just asking a question,how about a break guys,this is a great forum

#36 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thread locked until further notice. This type of behavior towards a new member is unacceptable, please read more carefully before accusing someone and bashing them like this.

#37 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

topic is open, keep it civil and on point lol. :ph34r:

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#38 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Sounds good Andrew

#39 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I agree. Don't let it get to you. People seem to forget that not everyone is at the same level on the forum. Some people are newer to forums in general and deserve a little respect. Many people HAVE to show how much smarter they are than others, when actually it just shows they are much dumber when it comes to social skills. I deal with people like this all the time. Someone who feels they are a guru on a computer but has no knowledge whatsoever of the vertical market I work in.

In my instance, I just sit and listen to them tell me how great they are and how they can do everything better than anyone else. I tell them they can buy their own hardware, do their own setup and just buy the software from me. If they need any support along the way, then I will just charge them $150/hr w/a minimum of 1/2 hour per call.

They always end up going with the packaged deal. Been that way every time for 18 years. Sorry to drift here, but we need to be welcoming people. If they ask something that is just a myth, then tell them so. Don't berate them for asking a question.
  • leviwg likes this

#40 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

In my instance, I just sit and listen to them tell me how great they are and how they can do everything better than anyone else. I tell them they can buy their own hardware, do their own setup and just buy the software from me. If they need any support along the way, then I will just charge them $150/hr w/a minimum of 1/2 hour per call.

They always end up going with the packaged deal..

so you over charge people because you don't like what they have to say? glad I don't do business with you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users