Rumor - No Maxx Hd Coming....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

Reports are coming in to various cell phone sites that Phone Arena is reporting that the RAZR HD will NOT sport the 13MP camera that everyone has been hearing about and instead will still pack the 8MP camera.

They are also stating the RAZR MAXX HD is just a rumor and is completely false. Other than that, nothing else is new out of their report. This past weekends rumor stated that the device may not launch until October, something that was also mentioned in the "new" report. The RAZR and RAZR Maxx WILL hit EOL (End Of Life) status in October, so this makes a little sense. So according to recent reports, there will be NO mega battery, NO 13MP camera and NO launch till October. The RAZR HD will however, have the same ColorBoost HD display as the Atrix HD.

Comparing this RAZR HD to the already released Galaxy S3, it seems Moto is falling behind in the competition. Also, how do you think this phone will fair, seeing as how it will likely release AFTER the iPhone 5?

What are your thoughts? Keep it clean, discuss only, no arguments.

Original Article:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

For the camera, we are better off with the 8mp given the lens size and focal length. With the 13mp you are cramming almost twice the number of pixels on the same size CCD, resulting in an imager that is actually less sensitive to light. Results in larger images of lower quality.
  • c_live_lee likes this

#3 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

It doesn't really make sense for them to stop with the Maxx series in my opinion... it can't cost to much more to manufacture both models. Specs other than camera are what is going to make or break it. Hopefully with Motorola rebuilding themselves they don't screw it up right away...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Someone said that there's a RAZR HD, a RAZR MAXX HD, and a RAZR HD MICRO all coming around October, who also confirmed the EOL date.

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

It doesn't really make sense for them to stop with the Maxx series in my opinion... it can't cost to much more to manufacture both models. Specs other than camera are what is going to make or break it. Hopefully with Motorola rebuilding themselves they don't screw it up right away...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

This project was to far along before they had control to be done right. I'm not expecting anything I'm interested in from them till this time next year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Moto won't make the same mistake that got them burned by end users and the FCC again which is release the razr hd and than 6 weeks later relapse the actual razr bd (and call it the razr hd Maxx). Myself, and many others who pushed the issue with VZW and the FCC earned themselves free razr maxxs. With the bad press ad the federal filings, I believe VZW and Moto will just wait this time (without the holiday rush pushing) and release the razr hd Maxx the FIRST TIME and not have a better phone baking in the oven while they push the " latest and greatest"

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 texbuck

texbuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

I will be curious what the average battery life will be. If it could do 16 hrs. of heavy usage, that would be plenty for me.

texbuck

#8 thelance

thelance

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

If they squeezed more efficiency out of their processing power, maybe this works. I don't blame them on the camera, really. I hope that they would rather spend money on making the 8MP really, really good rather than cramming a mediocre 13MP.
  • martybm5 likes this

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

If they squeezed more efficiency out of their processing power, maybe this works. I don't blame them on the camera, really. I hope that they would rather spend money on making the 8MP really, really good rather than cramming a mediocre 13MP.

Personally, I hoe the 1.21 jigawatt flux capacitor comes to fruition. That will definitely beat the iPhone 5!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#10 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Or keep the maxx going, since it is a good phone, update to jb and turn on the nfc. Then release a quad core with the biggest battery they can cram in there. Maybe they are waiting to see how the iphone5 does and see if there is something else that they need to compete with.
  • wabmorgan likes this

#11 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't care much for improving the camera. This one works great for what i use it for.

Phones these days are all pretty quick and the screens look amazing.

What i want is superior battery life!

#12 thelance

thelance

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Personally, I hoe the 1.21 jigawatt flux capacitor comes to fruition. That will definitely beat the iPhone 5!

Ha. Me too. Maybe flash-forward into the future where battery life isn't a big deal anymore.

#13 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'm moving to the phablet world hopefully motorola will accomodate this need of mine. I want a 5inch screen, 2gigs of quality ram, 2 gigs of cpu, possibly quadcore, 3500mAh battery, 500mhz of gpu maybe more, and many more things, and hopefully from moto, with lapdock support

If I had this phone I could hold out on upgrading another few years

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm moving to the phablet world hopefully motorola will accomodate this need of mine. I want a 5inch screen, 2gigs of quality ram, 2 gigs of cpu, possibly quadcore, 3500mAh battery, 500mhz of gpu maybe more, and many more things, and hopefully from moto, with lapdock support

If I had this phone I could hold out on upgrading another few years

Lol overkill.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#15 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

not even close to overkill, 5 years from now that will not only be obsolete, you'll ask why we didn't have it sooner.
also sacrificing battery space for nfc is a fail in my book, just don't do it, maybe that could be an option no nfc with bigger battery, nfc and smaller battery. For me it's just a show option, that is seldom used at best, that sacrifices much better utilized space. I really want a phone worthy of replacing or coming close to a replacement of a laptop, we are close to it now, but I want to get further along, I would pay a decent sum, much larger than the subsidized upgrade fee to get my Phablet

#16 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

not even close to overkill, 5 years from now that will not only be obsolete, you'll ask why we didn't have it sooner.
also sacrificing battery space for nfc is a fail in my book, just don't do it, maybe that could be an option no nfc with bigger battery, nfc and smaller battery. For me it's just a show option, that is seldom used at best, that sacrifices much better utilized space. I really want a phone worthy of replacing or coming close to a replacement of a laptop, we are close to it now, but I want to get further along, I would pay a decent sum, much larger than the subsidized upgrade fee to get my Phablet

It IS overkill. Everything you listed is not something you NEED. It's stuff you WANT. Quad core will NEVER be the standard simply because It's not needed. You don't NEED 2GB of RAM or more than that.

Why do want a phone to replace your laptop?? Then it's no longer a phone. Hence the term "overkill."

#17 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I don't believe it's overkill. Not long ago I remember how fast my 550mhz desktop was... Now I have 6 3ghz cores... As Tim Taylor would say... More power!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Smartphones are a want, not a need. It's ok to shoot for the stars. Why not?

#19 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Never said it wasn't ok. Just said It's overkill and not needed at all.

#20 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

as mike said it's not overkill, 8years ago a dualcore computer was struggling to find a niche, now it's a minimum standard for most, and quad/6/8 core pc's are rapidly replacing those, it is a need, there's a lot my phone can't due yet that will be an expected pre-req for me to buy it in the near future, if the new phone doesn't due a whole lot more than what I have now why would I replace it? I wouldn't especially not at full price like I'm going to be stuck paying now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users