29 replies to this topic

#1 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

I did the .165 update 2 weeks ago and since then i have not had 4g in an area i always have before and my fiance with same carrier has a strong 4G signal. I was on 1x data for a few days but managed to get 3g back with a sim card and few resets...phone works fine other than that.

installed no apps recently such as battery saver etc.
I've tried fastbooting back with rsd to 9.8.2O-72_VZW-16 build.
tried a fresh fastboot to .165
Tried wiping system cache in recovery.
global networks set to cmda/lte
tried cdma/lte/evdo and a few others.
Tried flashing cm10.2 rom with safestrap
safemode still only 3G.
I replaced sim card.
hard reset and factory reset from recovery mode.

Matts razr utility option 1

Im at a loss im not sure what else to try. I cant get a replacement although im eligable for upgrade but im grandfathered into an unlimited data package that they want to take away if i do that.
I believe its a corrupted radio file issue but im not sure. I assumed rsd would fix that.
I was on phone with verizon 8 hours over 3 days and finally the guy there recommended me to just use fastboot files. He was pretty cool.
Motorola doesnt want to talk to me at all and blame verizon for there update.
I was hoping someone could recommend anything else to try. I hate not having 4G. Spoiled i guess. So I decided to ask the real experts and the most helpful communities.Thanks in advance.
Phone info if needed:
Droid razr xt912
Currently 98.72.165 (have files to go back to .16 tho)
4.1.2 jellybean
baseband - cdma_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00
PRL - 15287

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Have you tried running Matt's utility to "flash back"

Tapadriving.... hillbilly style!!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Actually no. I assumed it was like RSS but easier. I will try that in a little bit and let u no. Thanks

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

The utility should work just fine for you :)

jhf.png

#5 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Well I just tried Matt's utility option 1. But still on 3g... I was excited when last step said writing radio files. But once it was done 3g popped back. Thank u very much for the advice... damn moto/Verizon update

#6 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

That would have fixed any radio file issues if there were any I believe. I didn't take the .165 update since that's what caused this issue in the first place.

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

If the utility was successful ..... you will be back on 100% stock (before the .165 update).... radios included..... now there have been cases where the 4g radio just "goes bad" .....

jhf.png

#8 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

im starting to think that as well.  Its just odd that it happened just after the latest update fixing roaming and radio bugs...  But i am pretty sure now that there isnt anything else to try but check ebay for a replacement...  thank you very much for your time

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

You know it may be time for a new Sim card.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Tried new sim. It gave me some data back. After the update I dropped instantly to 1x for a few days. I wasn't even able to load Google play. So I called and they sent me to Verizon store and they replaced sim card and I managed to get 3G back. And that was the most. I tether a lot and not its unbearable.

#11 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Here's a question. I'm decent with software and some console modding soddering. I have an old RAZR cracked screen. One crack on my new RAZR hardly visible. Do u think I can swap screens or even radios. I'm afraid to move my screen since I do have one crack tho

#12 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yes you can swap screens... (no soldering required) ....

jhf.png

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

Here's a question. I'm decent with software and some console modding soddering. I have an old RAZR cracked screen. One crack on my new RAZR hardly visible. Do u think I can swap screens or even radios. I'm afraid to move my screen since I do have one crack tho

Swapping screens on the RAZR is fairly simple. As for the crack, if you Don't have a screen protector on it, just stick one on before you do, even if it isn't the right one and make sure it sticks on around the crack ok. It will help to avoid further damage while making the swap.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#14 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

That's good advice. Great idea. Thanks again.

#15 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Have you tried going into testing menu, and setting radio to lte only? Go to your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* testing menu will come up. Touch phone info and another screen Pops up. Scroll down to preferred network and touch where it says lte/cdma/evdo and a list of options will show. Touch lte only to select it. Then under that, touch the area to turn radio off then back on. See if you can get 4g signal back with that. Then Be sure to switch back to lte/cdma/evdo.

#16 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

i tried it again just now.  it says no LTE available would u like to switch to global?  but I know LTE is available right now and up and running currently.  Since Im on my girlfriends phone just playing around

#17 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Did you try turning radio off, then back on?

#18 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

yes i loose all connectivity for awhile till it turns back on.  then asks to allow global.  if i choose no i have no data.  if i choose global i get my 3G .  ive tried them the other day as well.  but i never mind trying again.  

#19 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

You stated that you tried a new sim card, and tried reflashing the phone's software. Have you dropped the phone, and maybe the LTE radio was damaged? There is a separate radio for 4g and 3g/1x

#20 xdarkxheartx

xdarkxheartx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

ive dropped the phone a few times but not recently. ive been on a constant 4g up till id say 2 weeks ago.  i got the .165 update and i accepted it then when to bed.  In the morning is when it all started.  it was just sitting there on my shelf.  i went down to verizon a few days later and got my new sim.  but in that time i dont recall dropping it at all.  But im definitely thinking that the 4G radio went bad somehow.  it was just the timing of the update that makes me blame verizon but there is a chance that it just went bad somehow...  Maybe it was brittle from a previous drop and was on its last leg hanging in there for awhile. but i do no for sure it was there that night as i was laying down.  It is definitely weird... and i guess its not fair to blame anyone since there are not many with this issue since the update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users