#81 Jviper6000

Jviper6000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hey Guys quick question, I have scanned through all of this thread and havent seen this addressed but maybe it has. I am on rooted/safestrap 2.0/Razr Maxx, So when I switch back to non safe side to and uninstall 2.0 then install 2.11 what happens to my safeside? Will it remain intact? Will I be able to just switch back to my ICS black widow on the safeside or will I have to flash it again? Can I use my 2.0 back ups on 2.11? This is getting me a bit nervous because I seen people are going to switch back to safe side and getting black screen because there is nothing to switch back to. Any replies are appreciated!

#82 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hey Guys quick question, I have scanned through all of this thread and havent seen this addressed but maybe it has. I am on rooted/safestrap 2.0/Razr Maxx, So when I switch back to non safe side to and uninstall 2.0 then install 2.11 what happens to my safeside? Will it remain intact? Will I be able to just switch back to my ICS black widow on the safeside or will I have to flash it again? Can I use my 2.0 back ups on 2.11? This is getting me a bit nervous because I seen people are going to switch back to safe side and getting black screen because there is nothing to switch back to. Any replies are appreciated!

When you update from v2 to v3, your safe-side ROM will be lost. So make sure to backup apps in Titanium Backup so that you can restore after setting up Safestrap v3.

#83 Jviper6000

Jviper6000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

V3? After I posted this I took the plunge n upgraded to 2.11 n everything was fine. My Tom was on the safe side still and everything worked out. Your saying if I upgrade again to safestrap beta v3 that I should create a backup and after I upgrade restore to that backup or just reflash whatever rom I am on?

#84 mothymon

mothymon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Im on v2.00 and booted into recovery and disabled safe side and it did a auto backup and now its been loaded after the reboot for 15 minutes, should it take that long? Do I need to remove the recovery from the Safe Side before installing 3.00 in non safe side?

#85 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

SS3 is a completely diff animal fm SS2

See Hashcode's OP for the SS3 thread & pay close attention to all instructions.

You may have to reboot into recovery & go into Advanced options & remove SS recovery (ies) fm there & start over.

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#86 mothymon

mothymon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

SS3 is a completely diff animal fm SS2

See Hashcode's OP for the SS3 thread & pay close attention to all instructions.

You may have to reboot into recovery & go into Advanced options & remove SS recovery (ies) fm there & start over.

I have followed them but when I go into recovery I dont see an option for "Remove SS Recovery" I guess Ill just stay on ICS and SS 2.00 for awhile longer. Ive only had my maxx for a month and still apparently have alot to learn about the recovery side of things.

#87 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

moythymon, wish I could help more, but I haven't installled SS3 yet, or I'd walk you thru the steps…
maybe someone here whe has done italready…

don't worry, we all start as newbies, I used to be afraid of SS & now I love it!
tMaybe you should post on Hashcode's SS3 thread, here in Developement section.
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#88 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have followed them but when I go into recovery I dont see an option for "Remove SS Recovery" I guess Ill just stay on ICS and SS 2.00 for awhile longer. Ive only had my maxx for a month and still apparently have alot to learn about the recovery side of things.

Hi Mothymon,

Here's a walkthru for upgrading from SS2:

1. Make sure you've run Titanium Backup on your apps(+data) in the Safe ROM. V3 isn't compatible with V2 in almost anyway so you won't be able to access your current Safe ROM after updating. You'll need to re-flash your ROM once SS3 is on and then restore via Titanium Backup.
2. Boot to your STOCK (unsafe) ROM
3. Use the "Remove Recovery" button inside the Safestrap v2.11 app
4. Uninstall Safestrap v2.11
5. [optional] I recommend that people clear out some space from their /sdcard. It's around 2GB per ROM slot if you choose the recommended 1GB data setting. TIP: You can move the "safestrap" folder to your /sdcard-ext as it will be re-created by the new app with different contents.
6. Now install the new Safestrap v3.05 apk
7. Open it and use the "Install Recovery" button
8. Reboot the phone and you should see the new Safestrap Splashscreen showing v3.05 in the upper right corner.

Use the [menu] button as always to enter recovery and from there you can go into "Boot Options" and setup your first ROM-slot and reflash your Safe ROM (You now have up to 4 Safe ROMs depending on the space available in /sdcard).

More information here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Enjoy.

#89 mothymon

mothymon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi Mothymon,

Here's a walkthru for upgrading from SS2:

1. Make sure you've run Titanium Backup on your apps(+data) in the Safe ROM. V3 isn't compatible with V2 in almost anyway so you won't be able to access your current Safe ROM after updating. You'll need to re-flash your ROM once SS3 is on and then restore via Titanium Backup.
2. Boot to your STOCK (unsafe) ROM
3. Use the "Remove Recovery" button inside the Safestrap v2.11 app
4. Uninstall Safestrap v2.11
5. [optional] I recommend that people clear out some space from their /sdcard. It's around 2GB per ROM slot if you choose the recommended 1GB data setting. TIP: You can move the "safestrap" folder to your /sdcard-ext as it will be re-created by the new app with different contents.
6. Now install the new Safestrap v3.05 apk
7. Open it and use the "Install Recovery" button
8. Reboot the phone and you should see the new Safestrap Splashscreen showing v3.05 in the upper right corner.

Use the [menu] button as always to enter recovery and from there you can go into "Boot Options" and setup your first ROM-slot and reflash your Safe ROM (You now have up to 4 Safe ROMs depending on the space available in /sdcard).

More information here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Enjoy.

thanks hash code, I guess where my stumble is that when I disable Safe Mode and reboot it just sits at the boot screen for a long time and never finishes booting into the non safe ROM.

Ill keep trying, thanks

#90 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Please help: I just copied down Hashcode's instructions, have the SS3.05 apk on /sdcard-ext/download
& MOVED the /sdcard/safestrap/orig & safe directories under /sdcard-ext/safestrap directory, alongside the /backup directory which holds my nand backups…

bottom line, I didn't have a lot of battery & after toggling into non-safe side in recovery, I got to the stock razr - red eye & it stayed there for about 15 min straight, so I did Power + Vol down reboot & got back to safe side.

#1 How long should it take to get past the red eye boot animation & have the non-safe side complete booting? &

#2 wouldn't it be safer to move the /orig & /safe directories to the sdcard-ext/safestrap directories _after_ the non-safe side has booted & then move those directories fm /sdcard/safestrap to /sdcard-ext/safestrap.

tia
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users