12 replies to this topic

#1 akili

akili

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

okay i searched the internet and all i could find was another person asking the same thing.

Does a running app with guided navigation exist?

i am looking for an app that has the ability to create maps to use as guidance whiile running.

i create a route for me to follow and the app uses gps and update me just like navigation in the car would. there have been many dark 3am runs that something like this would be very helpful for. Its happened to me before where i planned a route and if its a new area and i dont have a scrap of paper for streets to turn on, i miss my turns and either going for an eight mile run when i intended on it being four or five.

rambling now. anyone have any good suggestions for apps that provide this function? or any developer working anything similar?

hanks for the help.

#2 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Not sure what you're looking for. Google Maps has voice guided navigation

#3 akili

akili

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

looking to basically draw a map on said program and that program would guide me through the run telling me where to turn. i could use navigation but it doesnt work so well because it travels point a-b in the fastest shortest distance. but my runs typacally would have point a-f to get me back home in somewhat of a large circle.

#4 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

That i don't know as far as an app. You can use the desktop version of Google Maps and get directions, then drag the route the way you want it and save it to "my saved places". You can then access that from the maps app on the phone.

Kind of a round about way of doing it but it works

#5 cyberLurker

cyberLurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:cyberLurker
  • Google+:4hernan@gmail.com

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

If you change your search title or keyword you can find hundreds of apps. You are referring to mapping points along the way or waypoints. Use waypoint in your search criteria. , this is commonly used in nautical applications and off road hiking. Follow the following link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

CardioTrainer is an awesome running GPS app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Map my ride(for bikes) and map my run (err, no bike)

I used map my ride when I go MTB in the winter. I know the same dev has a running app tho.

They are awesome! EnjoyHere's a link for map my run

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#8 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

okay i searched the internet and all i could find was another person asking the same thing.

Does a running app with guided navigation exist?

i am looking for an app that has the ability to create maps to use as guidance whiile running.

i create a route for me to follow and the app uses gps and update me just like navigation in the car would. there have been many dark 3am runs that something like this would be very helpful for. Its happened to me before where i planned a route and if its a new area and i dont have a scrap of paper for streets to turn on, i miss my turns and either going for an eight mile run when i intended on it being four or five.

rambling now. anyone have any good suggestions for apps that provide this function? or any developer working anything similar?

hanks for the help.

Check my link for Map my run

Also map my ride

Sorry for double post

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#9 akili

akili

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'm trying all the suggestions and all are awesome but they aren't really providing guidance of where to turn.

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm trying all the suggestions and all are awesome but they aren't really providing guidance of where to turn.

Oh you want something like Google Nav, mixed with a running tracker? I don't think there is an app like that.

#11 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

When in google maps getting directions. You have options to choose driving, bus, bike or walking for both navigation and directions.

Posted Image

Sent from my Simplified Droid Razr

#12 akili

akili

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh you want something like Google Nav, mixed with a running tracker? I don't think there is an app like that.

That's what I'm guessing. Thanks for the.suggestions. really appreciate it. Well I wish I wrote programs. Meh. Thanks again.

#13 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

You can take a look at AllSportGPS, which might do something close to what you want. It will let you plot out routes ahead of time and upload them to your profile. The website that goes along with it is trimbleoutdoors.com.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users