Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

Has anyone flashed this patch to fix the date issue, all back-ups are dated in 1970.  I found this in XDA.  If so, would I flash the image or patch?  Something this easy shouldn't be causing this much angst.  Based on the last few posts, I think the next update to TWRP fixes this.

I think I've fixed the time/date in recovery. Please flash this recovery and report back if the time is correct or not, and if not, please attach recovery.log. Remember you still have to set the correct timezone in settings.

Unfortunatelly, it depends on Android to save the time, so if you wipe you /data, recovery won't be able to show correct date until you boot your Android ROM.

Recovery Image: http://tasemnice.eu/....d_20140203.img
(This is MultiROM recovery, so there are some extra options - they don't do anything if you don't have MultiROM installed, so don't worry about that).

TWRP patch: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/5327/

#2 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • LocationSouthern New Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Z300M, Nexus 7

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm still running 2.6.3.4. You can edit the name to change the default date.

FWIW I usually initiate a Nandroid backup from ROM Manager, it passes a script to TWRP that sets the name of the backup to the current date.

Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7,  Samsung GS3, Bionic, OG Droid, SCH-i760, a flip phone or two, and a few others.

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,124 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

hmm didn't know that you could do that through ROM Manager, I wonder if Rom Toolbox does the same.

Anyway Kelly that doesn't look like a flashable zip, you would flash it from fastboot the same way you originally flashed TWRP 

fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img] (where recovery.img is the name of the patched TWRP)

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

hmm didn't know that you could do that through ROM Manager, I wonder if Rom Toolbox does the same.

Anyway Kelly that doesn't look like a flashable zip, you would flash it from fastboot the same way you originally flashed TWRP 

fastboot flash recovery [recovery.img] (where recovery.img is the name of the patched TWRP)

Yes, you can start one through ROM Toolbox too. (under ROM install - settings) I have the Pro version though, I don't remember if the free will do it. I prefer ROM Manager for that though. (I have the free version of ROM Manager).

Pixel 2 XL, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Nexus 7,  Samsung GS3, Bionic, OG Droid, SCH-i760, a flip phone or two, and a few others.

#5 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I have ROM toolbox, never thought to use it for my nandroid. It looks like you need the paid version for Nandroids.

I'll try fastboot a bit later, thanks guys!

#6 JustAGuy

JustAGuy

This is only a test

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have ROM toolbox, never thought to use it for my nandroid. It looks like you need the paid version for Nandroids.

I'll try fastboot a bit later, thanks guys!

Kelly, ROM manger work pretty good for that. IIRC you need the paid version to do automatic scheduled backups, but the free version definitely will do a manual backup and restore.

When I was "ROMming" I'd manually back up before. But I only occasionally now do a Nandroid backup. I use TiBu Pro and MyBackup Pro for my automated daily backups.

• kellym likes this

#7 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Kelly, ROM manger work pretty good for that. IIRC you need the paid version to do automatic scheduled backups, but the free version definitely will do a manual backup and restore.

When I was "ROMming" I'd manually back up before. But I only occasionally now do a Nandroid backup. I use TiBu Pro and MyBackup Pro for my automated daily backups.

This is good to know, it is probably overkill for me to have scheduled backups via TWRP and TiBu pro.  I just deleted older versions, I couldn't understand why I was getting low memory warning when I have the 32GB, these back-up files are huge!  I'm not flashing any ROMs these days.  With Xposed framework and the few modules I've needed, I'm a happy girl.  Tweaked audio manually.

Only recent glitch I've encountered is Softkeyz not working  (worked for a few days, but after downloading UCCW and Zooper, no dice.  Not sure if its related).  I sent the developed my log that was requested on XDA, but haven't heard back in a few days  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users