3 replies to this topic

#1 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

This question had been asked but noone has been able to definitively answer it. With ICS having unlocked the phone for use with other Carriers, its it possible and has it been put on sprint or another Carriers network?

I've googled alot of old posts but nothing concrete. Technically speaking it appears possible. Question is has it been done? And can it be done? If so how?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

It is global ready, meaning foreign GSM networks. They still have the US carriers blocked.
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Pretty sure P3Droid used an At&t SIM in his for a while. Not 100% sure though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#4 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

I have been reading on xda that someone (not p3droid) has it working on ATT. Apparently the block is in software so I assume its something that can be "fixed" from a dev point of view? But my understanding is limited. I assume the bootloader needs to be unlocked (does Kexec allow for this now?)

There doesnt seem to be alot of hard data out there to detail whether or not it will work on their network. Just strikes me that VZW doesnt want the devices we bought to go to another carrier. Its just another form of carrier lock in that works around the spectrum laws.

I guess my question really boils down to, if I tried would it just work? or would I have to do something to the build.prop or some other file? Im pretty sure this is something in the firmware. Seeing as updating to ICS made it go "global"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users