Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#41 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Twitter:freddy0872

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

That happened to me one time, but my buddy let me borrow the battery from his bionic... luckily I managed to buy 2 extended batteries and a standalone charger for the spare.

I really need to do that as well! But that would equal to be a PIA with the otter box.

Sent from my iced out XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#42 Aldroid33

Aldroid33

Superuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

No problem... For obvious reasons i wont be posting 235 238 239 or 240... We have to be getting very close to an ota release

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

How will we know that the next leak is theOTA release?
Samsung S4, Rooted, Encrypted, Stock JB 4.4.3 GPE and Echo TW v.24 4.4.2
Moto Xoom WiFi-EOS Big Part 4.4.4 w/ TWRP 2.7.1. Thanks BRD & R'nH!

#43 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I think it might be worth the extra few seconds to take the hard case apart to swap to a clean fresh battery. I'd be annoyed as hell to do it, too. But the payoff is worth it to have 2 batteries and a wall charger

#44 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

This is probably the single most awesome OP I have ever seen on a forum. Good Show Obdsidian.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#45 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

This is probably the single most awesome OP I have ever seen on a forum. Good Show Obdsidian.

Thanks you kind sir... :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#46 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

56.75KB   39 downloads

Google's work? Our next device may be unlockable...

#47 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

84.82KB   21 downloads

That should answer most of your questions... RAZR dev phone in Europe.... Xoom and new Photon on Sprint.... All we can do is pray

#48 dfib

dfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:Dfib1

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I saw this the other day. Even tried the $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data with no luck. Didn't actually think it would but had to try.

#49 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

I saw this the other day. Even tried the $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data with no luck. Didn't actually think it would but had to try.

Maybe on official build! Or at least we can hope.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#50 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Pooka posted this at Rom Droid Hacks forum and I wanted you all to see it as well as ask something of you...

There's LOADS of would be devs out there in need of a serious hardware guy or three! :)

Hashcode is a serious hardware guy, and that's rather good news. If anyone can fix the hardware issues the moto devices have, it's him. I only wish more of us were able to offer help instead of just run with his code changes on building roms. If anyone's able, it would be great to help him out so he's not shouldering the load alone.

DHacker will be missed, and hopefully he's just relaxing and taking time off for himself. I know he was just recently on vacation, but was still being tagged in dev related conversations on twitter. That's got to be annoying as hell. Don't blame him for disappearing one bit.

Couldn't agree more... I hope everyone fully grasps the fact that we owe everything to Hashcode... Without him we wouldn't have SS or Kexec,not to mention the hardware fixes he has made to aosp roms, and without those things our phone wouldn't even be relevant anymore...

You saw what happened when devs lost the ability to use SS and all they had was BS. All of the issues we had in our community during that time was caused by BS and I took on personally helping people through gtalk, email, dm and pm so that the devs didn't get frustrated... While I was helping them I probably fxz'd 15-20 times testing various stages of Moto Blur roms after 232. During that time I never told or complained to the devs because I didn't want to discourage them.

I'm not saying I'm a saint because I'm not but you all know the type of person I am and it was even hard for me to deal with it. The only reason I'm telling you all about this is not to boast or get praise. I am telling you to help you understand how much Hashcode has done, and continues to do, for us, not to mention the D3, D4 and Razr.

Everyone on this Thread needs to take the time, 5 mins or less, to send Hashcode a pm, dm or even better a tweet thanking him. I know many of you might not think it makes a difference to us but, as I've said before, it really truly does. We all do this because we enjoy it but, at times, it becomes cumbersome and starts to feel more like a job than a fun hobby.

When that happens and I'm ready to quit a quick thank you from anyone in the community, whether I know them or not, removes a layer of frustration, disappointment and exhaustion.

I never realized that someone else's enthusiasm could be so contagious but it is. Maybe you can't dev, mod or theme but you can help the people that do.

Thank You,
Obsidian

Hashcode's info... Please don't use this info to bother him by asking him questions. That would ruin the thanks. If you have questions for him it's easier just to channel them through me so that he can answer them all at once or maybe it'll be something I already know. Thanks again

---TWITTER---
@Hashcode0f

---E MAIL---
Hashcode0f@gmail.com

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • dfib, Int_Rnd_Pooka, Rootuser94 and 1 other like this

#51 mrredpants

mrredpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@misterredpants

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thank you my man

DROID BIONIC ice'd with some variant of 232 leak

#52 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

I talked to Hashcode about trying to get some new builds... This was just off the cuff sort of thing so please treat it like that.

On Aug 25, 2012 3:28 AM, "Hashcode" wrote:

I'll see what I can do about some new builds.

Without an actual build bot server it would just be me running builds every now and then and uploading them.

Thanks for keeping the thread up

Hash

He is not promising he will make new AOKP or CM9 roms. IF he does it'll be when he has time and nothing more important to do...

So please don't ask when they'll be out, just be patient and you know I will relay any info he gives me so you'll know when I know OK?... please don't bother him with this... thx

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and Aldroid33 like this

#53 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

I talked to Hashcode about trying to get some new builds... This was just off the cuff sort of thing so please treat it like that.

On Aug 25, 2012 3:28 AM, "Hashcode" wrote:

I'll see what I can do about some new builds.

Without an actual build bot server it would just be me running builds every now and then and uploading them.

Thanks for keeping the thread up

Hash

He is not promising he will make new AOKP or CM9 roms. IF he does it'll be when he has time and nothing more important to do...

So please don't ask when they'll be out, just be patient and you know I will relay any info he gives me so you'll know when I know OK?... please don't bother him with this... thx

I'm setting up CM9-kexec to build now. Getting a dependency error, but it should be good to go soon.
CM9 non-kexec and AOKP to follow if I can. Wouldn't be nightly, necessarily, but fairly often if I can get them all going
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#54 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thank you my man

No problem brother...

#55 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

CM9 kexec compiling now. Using just the files they've provided on their github to begin with until I know it's good and solid.

Anyone who wants to build this from source and runs into problems with "no such directory" errors straight away, let me know and I'll give the gory details on what I did to get it compiling (It was like 8 lines of code, dropped a single character from each)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#56 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

CM9 kexec compiling now. Using just the files they've provided on their github to begin with until I know it's good and solid.

Anyone who wants to build this from source and runs into problems with "no such directory" errors straight away, let me know and I'll give the gory details on what I did to get it compiling (It was like 8 lines of code, dropped a single character from each)

Sounds great! maybe a working camera? :)

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Sounds great! maybe a working camera? :)

Not to my knowledge, unless dhacker and hashcode fixed it already. I'm syncing CM9 without kexec too, since I'm also a big fan of having a camera.

It errored out about 35 minutes in from another syntax error. The backscroll didn't go far enough for me to catch what file it's in, so I'll have to retry and catch it next time through

#58 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I have a decently powerful machine running Windows that I can start compiling on. I'm about to get Gentoo or Arch running in VMWare here pretty soon, for a pure *nix build environment as well.

I don't know a lot about the hardware, but I can learn.

#59 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have a decently powerful machine running Windows that I can start compiling on. I'm about to get Gentoo or Arch running in VMWare here pretty soon, for a pure *nix build environment as well.

I don't know a lot about the hardware, but I can learn.

I've always wondered what compiling in a VM would be like, comparatively. I keep gentoo on a separate drive just for because I just like being able to have it on a separate physical drive.
  • johnlgalt likes this

#60 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

me too lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users