16 replies to this topic

#1 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Twitter:freddy0872

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Your One Stop Shop for Safe Strap, & Boot Strap!

This thread will show How-To's, Information on KEXEC, Download Links

And Best of All Support From Everyone In This Great Community!

This thread is going to be changing through time, and is a work in progress still. Please feel free to PM me or GTALK me with anything that you think should be added! Suggestions are WELCOME! :D

**************************************************************************************************

AS ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Blaming me or someone else for your mishaps will result in bad outcomes!
Such as Corrupted Data, Slow Death, Data Overage Charges, or anything that you may consider to be HELL! :-P

How to Uninstall SafeStrap and Install BootStrap!

Here is a GREAT Video from jp1044! Shows a great walkthrough in real life! :-D

1.) DO your backups; backup your launcher, sms, TiBu, make a nandroid (whatever you do) including your internal SD and sd-ext if you are anal retentive like me and want to make sure your goods are safe. Then upload to DropBox! (Optional) :-P

2.) Reboot and boot into SafeStrap Boot Menu. In There you must switch to the NON-SAFE SIDE and after it has done its little tid-bit you need to then Reboot your system. (Boot into your Non-Safe side like normal (STOCK)).

3.) Once in your stock system you need to open your SafeStrap App and select the "Uninstall Recovery" option. After it does its work your SafeStrap should be uninstalled. A simple reboot will prove this as it will not show the SafeStrap splash screen before System
Boot.

4.) Now you are going to be able to install BootStrap. Simply install your Bionic BootStrap App and open it. Inside you will find a similar operation.

5.)You need to simply click BootStrap Recovery and your done! Press the Reboot Recovery Button and the phone will then boot into the Bionic BootStrap.Your phone WILL NOT automatically boot into BootStrap like SafeStrap. This MUST be initiated by clicking the Reboot Recovery Button from the APP!

6.) Please remember that your SafeStrap Nandroids WILL NOT WORK IN BOOTSTRAP AND THIS WILL CAUSE UNDESIREABLE PROBLEMS!

***************************************************************************************************
Here you will find a very simple guide to follow to switch up from BS to SS!

1) Go to "Manage Apps" under system settings. The. Scroll to find Bionic BootStrap.

2) Select the BS app then select to Clear Data and then Uninstall.

3) Next is to install your SafeStrap APP! Download link at bottom of post if you don't have it.

4) Once installed you MUST select Uninstall Recovery.. This will be sure to wipe out any custom recovery files that were left behind.

5) Now give your phone a reboot to verify you don't have a custom recovery splash screen showing up.

6) If you succeed then open the SS app and select Install Recovery!

That's it your done! Good luck and happy side switchin!

Here are some Download Links for BootStrap and SafeStrap!

Due to KEXEC Support being rolled out to the Bionic if you choose to use a ROM that has KEXEC built in,
you must use a SafeStrap that supports it!
In the next post you will find information regarding KEXEC! <------- Coming Soon!

Bionic SafeStrap - ICS - 2.00 --

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bionic SafeStrap - ICS - 2.10 -- (KEXEC SUPPORT) --

Bionic SafeStrap - ICS - 2.11 -- (KEXEC SUPPORT) --

Bionic BootStrap - ICS --

• Aldroid33 and Jiggity Janx like this

#2 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

PlaceHolder
  • JWisey330 likes this

#3 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

PlaceHolder

#4 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

PlaceHolder

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

PlaceHolder

...just kidding.

Nice, this is a nice write up that prevents 500 how to I use *strap questions.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

PlaceHolder

...just kidding.

Nice, this is a nice write up that prevents 500 how to I use *strap questions.

Thank you! I had separate threads up for SS and BS on rootz and rombot but i figured condensing down into one is easier.

#7 anarchian

anarchian

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Okay, I.ve been on leak 232 and safestrap for ages, now I'm on to bootstrap. Tried uninstalling safestrap, installing bootstrap, but when I reboot there is no recovery mode, it only got stuck on the black screen, requiring batt pull.. What happened?

#8 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Okay, I.ve been on leak 232 and safestrap for ages, now I'm on to bootstrap. Tried uninstalling safestrap, installing bootstrap, but when I reboot there is no recovery mode, it only got stuck on the black screen, requiring batt pull.. What happened?

What exactly did u do when u switched? In detail. Did u remove the safe strap folders? And did you uninstall safe strap on ur non safe side?

Sent from my iced out XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#9 bigred8380

bigred8380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I removed safestrap from my bionic...but the safestrap screen still shows up when I reboot?? the app is gone and the folder is off my SD...what did I do here??
Motorola Droid Bionic: 246 thx to HoB! Eclipse v1.3

#10 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

You didn't actually uninstall safestrap but the installer for it. You have to disable safestrap through safestrap app before you uninstall app. Actually you can leave the app installed but just disable safestrap through app.
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#11 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

so what is recommended for the .246 ota? bootstrap or safestrap? personally, im partial to safestrap considering there isn't an fxz if i screwed something up and bricked. the only time i've ever bricked my bionic, it was because I flashed a safestrap only rom in bootstrap. does safestrap not hose your preinstall partition to where an fxz is necessary to get updates? i am just kind of lost at the moment in terms of what i can and can't do with this. I'm okay with stock, but there are a lot of roms that are looking great.

#12 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Kit, I installed safestrap b4.05 after going up to .246. I have created ROM slots, but I haven't flashed any ROMs yet. I had no issues

#13 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:jpr9845
  • Google+:jpr9845
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Where can I find Safestrap for JB. All of the version I find have ICS in the filename. Just rooted my Bionic running JB 4.1.2. Is Safestrap 3.11 the right one for Jelly Bean?

#14 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

That's what I'm running. No problems

#15 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Where can I find Safestrap for JB. All of the version I find have ICS in the filename. Just rooted my Bionic running JB 4.1.2. Is Safestrap 3.11 the right one for Jelly Bean?

Yes sir. That's is still the most current version of SS. Talks of an update were spoken of. But you'll be fine with 3.11 sir

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#16 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi! I'm trying to find a "how-to" so i can try out this kexec business and corresponding roms. can anyone point me in the right direction? many thanks!

#17 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hi! I'm trying to find a "how-to" so i can try out this kexec business and corresponding roms. can anyone point me in the right direction? many thanks!

Hello! Well this how to can explain getting safestrap installed and running. Which enables the use of kexec. With that it's as simple as flashing the rom of your choice in the designated "slot". You will find many rom listings on obsidians thread if you want more rom options. Some good ones are CM, AOKP.

Hope this helps! Let me know of you need more info

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Safe Strap, Boot Strap, BS, SS, KEXEC, Bionic, Targa, SafeStrap, BootStrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users