• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Androidpolice is reporting that starting in September t-mobile will begin offering unlimited data for $30 (the previous price Verizon offered)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Invictus Maneo!

#2 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I thought T-Mobile always had unlimited? Can somebody explain what T-Mobile offered before this?

#3 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I thought T-Mobile always had unlimited? Can somebody explain what T-Mobile offered before this?

2 gb unlimited then throttled after that.

Invictus Maneo!

#4 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

2 gb unlimited then throttled after that.

Oh, guess it's better than a cap. But good news for those who switched to T-Mobile prepaid from Verizon :D

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

When tmobile actually offers a data network worth connecting too, I would say this would be really enticing. But anyone can google about tmobile's "4G Network" and see what I mean. They are light years behind VZW and even Sprint. LTE, while technically not "4G" ( none of them are by definition), tmobile is without a doubt the farthest behind.

This is great if you don't care about speed and use up your 2 or 4 gigs or whatever every month. Myself, I've never even come close to my 4gigs and I stream Sirius XM daily, use pandora and all the other stuff. I can't break 4 gigs no matter how hard I try.

To me, it's quality over quantity.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

My contract is up soon and I'm seriously considering the switch if vzw tries to me out of my unlimited data.

Invictus Maneo!

#7 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Double post

Invictus Maneo!

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Meh... now if they only had a network. I had them before big V and no signal at work or home. Do they even have 4G?? Do they even have phones? Lol... I can't for the life of me think of a cool flagship phone on T-mobile

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Meh... now if they only had a network. I had them before big V and no signal at work or home. Do they even have 4G?? Do they even have phones? Lol... I can't for the life of me think of a cool flagship phone on T-mobile

See, this goes on what I just said too

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#10 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

They have the GS3 and one s

Invictus Maneo!

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

My contract is up soon and I'm seriously considering the switch if vzw tries to me out of my unlimited data.

I've been without unlimited almost a whole year, and while I thought it was gonna be the end of the world, I still haven't been able to break my limits. I can't say about this new "share everything" BS they're doing, but if you are by yourself...4 gigs is too much for me.

#12 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

See, this goes on what I just said too

I think they have HSPA+ that runs about 12mb down. Not as great as Verizon LTE but better than 3G. Most people I think just bought a GSM Nexus and got a T-Mobile prepaid, cause there isn't much phone option on tmobile lol.

#13 scriz

scriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

T-Mobile has 4g where I live and a co-worker has the G2X which is a 4g phone on T-Mobile. His data speeds are roughly 5-6mbps where mine are usually at 11-12mbps.

#14 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

I can break 4gigs in 1 day if I had the itch to do so with Netflix. Do I? No, but I have the option to do so. HSPA+ is more than enough for me if I were to switch to T-Mobile as frankly speaking, there ain't no reason to be on VZW 4G if they shunt me onto a 2gig or 4gig or even one of those 30gig share plans. Will I ever use 30gigs? Probably not but I would like to keep the option open. The biggest problem with the ole Deutsche is their HSPA+ coverage but it's the principle of the matter for me. They can't upgrade unless they have customers and they won't have customers unless they upgrade...or we step up and say "no" to Big Blue and Red.
Then again...
T-Mobile will probably kill unlimited too if they ever grow enough to do so.
  • fastfoodfred likes this

#15 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thats amazing. Maybe my phones broken. I can't break 4 gigs no matter how hard I try. I think the only way I could do it would be to upload 4 gigs worth of stuff to dropbox and then wait 100 years for it to all download to my phone. It would probably take the entire month to do.

#16 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm at 4gb with two weeks left.

Invictus Maneo!

#17 rnovak

rnovak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thats amazing. Maybe my phones broken. I can't break 4 gigs no matter how hard I try. I think the only way I could do it would be to upload 4 gigs worth of stuff to dropbox and then wait 100 years for it to all download to my phone. It would probably take the entire month to do.

I can go through 3gb in an afternoon.

Through FoxFi, I've found that 4g usually gets me 2-3 megaBYTES per second here in Phoenix, I usually get 1.2-1.3MB/sec on my phone (my thought is due to the limited processing power).

That makes it pretty easy to download 1 gig (1000 seconds, under 20 minutes), IMHO

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I use less than 2 gigs a month thru normal usage (2 phones). I haven't a need to tether or stream anything other than music, but that's even rare as i have tons of my music on the sdcard.

#19 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I use less than 2 gigs a month thru normal usage (2 phones). I haven't a need to tether or stream anything other than music, but that's even rare as i have tons of my music on the sdcard.

I stream IT ALL and tether and STILL don't come close to my limit.

#20 scriz

scriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

My data usage as of 10:31 3:33pm.

I stream music and download roms on my phone instead of downloading them on a PC and then using a USB cable to transfer them. Note I still have 15 days in my billing cycle ;P

My music is high quality google music 6-8 hours a day. I'd go broke if I "upgraded" my phone and went to a 2gb plan.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users