Photo

Lcd Has Noticable Dark Spots Under Screen.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Drinkinbuddy

Drinkinbuddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

I am on my third razr now and have noticedthat whenever I have a black screen (YouTube video loading for example) there are "blemishes" clearly visible on the screen. These marks are not visible any other time.

Does anyone else have these marks? Should it be a reason to exchange my phone yet again?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Yes I also have them from what I understand its normal and due to the way the amoled screen works vs the led screen

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#3 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yes its completely normal. I'm on my fourth Razr and it has them too, so does my brother's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#4 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

That is not normal for an amoled screen. The razr is the only amoled device I have seen with that issue. I have had six amoled phones and never heard of anyone having the weird spots on the display. The spots are a manufacturing defect but not harmful to everyday use. One of the razr's I have has this issue and one does not.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#5 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hmmm I thought it was normal was on all the razr's I looked at. But good to know it's of no concern

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#6 CtrlAltDeath

CtrlAltDeath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

I believe it has something to do the the Water-repellent nano-coating, they have that sprayed all over it and on internal parts.

#7 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm glad I found this while browsing! I noticed that too, and assumed it was some weird defect or something. I was kind of upset because I had to drive an hour and a half to the closest Verizon store to pick it up, and didn't notice it until I got it home. I'm happy to know that it was not just my bad luck :)

#8 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm glad I found this while browsing! I noticed that too, and assumed it was some weird defect or something. I was kind of upset because I had to drive an hour and a half to the closest Verizon store to pick it up, and didn't notice it until I got it home. I'm happy to know that it was not just my bad luck :)

Yeah, it's a flaw in the manufacturing process. Nothing we can do about it. It's on every one I've ever seen to some extent.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#9 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

What I saw on mine was a very obvious pink blotch right in the middle of the screen when I had a white backvround, like Web browsing I took it back and got it replaced. This one doesn't have it. I don't see anything like you guys are describing with a black . background
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#10 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

What I saw on mine was a very obvious pink blotch right in the middle of the screen when I had a white backvround, like Web browsing I took it back and got it replaced. This one doesn't have it. I don't see anything like you guys are describing with a black . background

I've had 4 RAZR's everyone of them has this.. knew out of box flaws! I fought with a rep about it. Drove to the store to try to insert my razr in his A ! Well you know... but after I displayed my flaws and several others in the store at the time.. he apologized.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users