Photo

FIX: Checked show menus provided by window manager when desktop is (right) clicked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wonton9224

wonton9224

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Google+:rstrawbridge9224@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

I and others like myself we're curious about the advanced tab in the desktop preferences in Raspian, which only includes the option to "show menus provided by the window manager (OpenBox) when desktop is clicked/right clicked". This option changes the window for right clicking on the desktop to options for opening browser, terminal, change workspace, change Openbox theme, and Shutdown/log off. It was very annoying that I couldn't figure out how you get back into the desktop preferences to undo this mistake, luckily I found a couple easy fixes posted here

http://www.raspberry...hp?f=91&t=26363

The easiest fix that worked for me was posted by jkibbe, whom I quote: launch a terminal and enter pcmanfm --desktop-pref. When the desktop preferences window pops up, click on the "Advanced" tab and deselect "Show menus provided by window managers when desktop is clicked." That's it!
  • GTIM2L8 likes this

#2 GTIM2L8

GTIM2L8

A Man On A Mission!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@GTIM2L8
  • Google+:gtim2l8
  • LocationThe Southern State That Started It All.
  • Current Device(s):Raspberry Pi, Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926 - Droid Razr XT912 - TF201 Asus Transformer Prime

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Good job.

I had the same problem last night while I was playing around with some of the options.

Glad you posted it here.

''Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'' - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users