Photo

[Rom][Bionic] *new* Speedlite Aokp V2.5.1 (3.0 betas available)

• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

#21 finanandroid

finanandroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

How to... no auto turn off those light menu?, i know toggle display auto on off, turn it off but only when display is off, otherwise it always keep on , so battery suffer.

#22 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Flashed this yesterday and it seems to be working great, the only problem was GMail app wasn't in the ROM but I downloaded it from the Play store and we are all good! Thanks for the great work. One thing I have noticed is that the battery usages seems to be fairly high, after four hours on my extended battery, it is down to 65 % but maybe after a day or so it will settle down. As far as wish list item(s), could we get a lock screen with multiple targets like in CM9?

Thanks again oh great and powerful dev.
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#23 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Flashed this yesterday and it seems to be working great, the only problem was GMail app wasn't in the ROM but I downloaded it from the Play store and we are all good! Thanks for the great work. One thing I have noticed is that the battery usages seems to be fairly high, after four hours on my extended battery, it is down to 65 % but maybe after a day or so it will settle down. As far as wish list item(s), could we get a lock screen with multiple targets like in CM9?

Its in the settings, just go under rom control, lockscreen options and pick the lockscreen type. You can have up to 8 targets which is better than cm9. its already included
  • matjmonk likes this

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Its in the settings, just go under rom control, lockscreen options and pick the lockscreen type. You can have up to 8 targets which is better than cm9. its already included

Great, thanks!! I thought I had gone through all the options but I must have missed one.
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#25 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

There is a known battery drain issue that will be fixed in 2.0 which I am building from scratch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and mrlolli like this

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#26 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

There is a known battery drain issue that will be fixed in 2.0 which I am building from scratch

I'd love to know what the issue is, to see if it's present in CM9 source as well. Just curious, mostly.

#27 grizzy

grizzy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Great! I noticed the drain issue as well. It's noticeable when the charger is plugged in and you're using the phone. The battery still drains little by little. Good to see there will be a fix. Thanks!

Anyone else notice that the keyboard locks up sometimes? It happens when I send a text and leave the keyboard open then lock the screen. Then when i unlock to send another text, the keyboard looks like its typing but the words don't display on the actual text field. You can back out of the text and go back in then it starts working again. This didn't happen with speedlite 1.1 cm9 so i don't know what changed. It happens with swype beta and the stock keyboard.

#28 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is the best ROM I've used so far, and I've flashed almost every ROM on (cough) XDA, droidforums, and rootzwiki. Great job!!! Stable, fast, and has all the "little extra's" I like.

Thank you for your hard work. :D

#29 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:Twitter.com/Halloween240
  • Google+:Halloween240
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

JP just keeps putting out awesome roms the Bionic, I love it. Roms been working like a charm :). thanks!

#30 basoodler

basoodler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

The battery drain is hard to put your finger on.

When I first flashed it I thought I had 30% battery, but it was showing between 5% and 10%. It raised quickly to around 10% then dropped over the next few minutes while charging to between 3-5% and kind of held there for the 10 minutes it took to restore apps.

I charged overnight to full.. after moderate use in the morning it dropped to 30% in a couple hours (no charge), but kind of held at 30% for a while.. it didn't really go up or down on the charger.

I flashed liquid blur and the battery jumped 10%.. then oddly enough did not move at all on the charger for a while.. and then the graph starts going up normally. It was almost like the phone had to make up that 10% before it would go up.

I just figured I got a bad download, because the download was extremely slow, and kept timing out.

Either way its a valiant effort and runs extremely smooth.. if I could make heads or tails of what was going on with charging I'd still be using it.

#31 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

question..how is this rom? i dont have a bionic but a friend of mines want me to root his phone.he knows nothing about rooting so i wanna hook him up w/a rom that everything works gladly appreciate any feedback thanks.

#32 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

question..how is this rom? i dont have a bionic but a friend of mines want me to root his phone.he knows nothing about rooting so i wanna hook him up w/a rom that everything works gladly appreciate any feedback thanks.

1.0 has a pretty big battery issue. I am currently working on 2.0 which will come out in a day or two. If you don't need all of the customization of aokp I would go with my original speedlite rom.

#33 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

1.0 has a pretty big battery issue. I am currently working on 2.0 which will come out in a day or two. If you don't need all of the customization of aokp I would go with my original speedlite rom.

kool ty for the reply im he knows nothing bout roms so customizations is the least he needs.kool so i will flash this rom on his bionic tyvm

#34 t1.8matt

t1.8matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

How to... no auto turn off those light menu?, i know toggle display auto on off, turn it off but only when display is off, otherwise it always keep on , so battery suffer.

I use an app called keyboard brightness, you can lock the button lights on or off. I'm not noticing anything negative battery wise, aokp was my favorite rom for this phone and speedlite just makes it that much better. Can't wait for 2.0. Great work JP.
Sent from my liquid smooth Bionic

#35 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

kool ty for the reply im he knows nothing bout roms so customizations is the least he needs.kool so i will flash this rom on his bionic tyvm

Teach that man to be a crackflasher! :)

• Rootuser94 likes this

#36 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Any word on where in the source code that battery wackiness is coming from, JP? I'll hopefully have time to get digging around in CM9 code tonight. A heads up on where to start would be killer. I'm assuming it's got to be in one of the STS-Dev-Team git branches that allow us to run both AOKP and CM9/10, or it would be happening to every other device running those ROMs too, not just Moto ones.

#37 basoodler

basoodler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

The only aosp ROM released lately I've not noticed the battery drain is speedlite. Some are much worse than this one.. that's for sure

#38 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hi all, I have been running Speedlite 1.0 AOKP with good success and have now figured out how to make a hotspot using the Generic ICS profile. Of course, the phone resets when I turn off the tether. I tried to use other profiles to create a hotspot but the only one that provided a connection was the generic. Does anyone have a way to use wifi tether that does not lead to a phone reset? Finally, I anxiously await further development of this rom since it works well and is pretty.

Ok figured out. I had to reinstall the rom on top of itself and then chose the Razor profile with the routing fix. The routing fix did not appear the first time that I flashed the rom.

#39 argue4u

argue4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

This is by far the fastest from I've used! Thanks! Only issues for me are the hot spot, function keys staying lit, and having to toggle airplane occasionally to get data back.

Very happy with it!

#40 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for the "best" governor for this rom? I am most interested in battery savings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users