How To Root [Sgs3/vzw]

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

This is to root your SGS3 . It is basicly a one click , the only thing it asks you yes/no at points threw out the process's . You will need 7Zip to open the file. If you don't have 7z get it

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. You must have ADB running and all the drivers blah blah blah. Im not here to teach you how to do that there are plenty of other threads for that.

Make sure USB Debugging is on and Third party apps is checked. Your screen will reboot 3 to 4 times during the procces . This is normal . After it is all done check and make sure in SU that your up to date with the version and bianaris . Pretty easy huh? So after you do that get a custom recovery and start flashing away. Happy flashing !

I nor Droidrzr are responsible for anything that might happen to your phone. This includes but is not limited to , thermal nucular war, your alarm not going off, your wife leaving you cause your on your phone way to much, your phone blows up, your dog humps your leg while your doing this the cable comes out and your phone just don't work. Or anything else you can possibly think of. I must add this is a low risk program. Just do it already!

*Edit* You do not need 7z but its a good idea to have it anyway. So just think of it as a perk.

Root my phone ------------------->

2.04MB   124 downloads

All credit goes to Noxious Ninja over at XDA
  • jamRwoo likes this

#2 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

I must be a slow kid cuz this method will not work for me. I get it to go through all the steps and i got su but it won't update the bianaries and busybox won't install from the apps in the market. What the crap am I doing wrong? I've rooted plenty of devices but these one click methods don't ever work for me. May have to go the old fashioned way.

Nm got it superuser was acting up lol

#3 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Did u download the drivers first? Then open adb then the .bat file. I'm also assuming u have the Verizon sgs3 if u have sprint or T-Mobile u may need the Odin files method instead.Edit: oops just saw u got it working, nvm :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yea sometimes su acts up just stop it then clear data then open it back up.

#5 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yeah I had root just wasn't working right. Installed busybox with jrummy's app and then used ezlock to unlock the bootloader. Haven't installed a recovery or Rom yet.

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

I recommend backing up your IMEI with qpst! I like beanstown ROM #10 it has IMOS kernel. Its pretty smooth .

#7 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yeah I was looking on rootz about that. Never had to do anything like that, what makes you have yo do that on the gs3 but not other phones.

#8 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yeah I was looking on rootz about that. Never had to do anything like that, what makes you have yo do that on the gs3 but not other phones.

Its a bug for all the d2 versions there are some theories 2 why it may happen. It's is better to be safe then sorry. If you have any questions,just let me know it a fairly easy process.

#9 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanx bro I appreciate it, I should be good but if I run into any hiccups I'll holler at cha. Been rooting for awhile but this is my first Samsung so not as proficient with them as I am with motos.

#10 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanx bro I appreciate it, I should be good but if I run into any hiccups I'll holler at cha. Been rooting for awhile but this is my first Samsung so not as proficient with them as I am with motos.

NP I'm a Motorola fanboy but I needed a change. I like the phone overall though. I suggest using the i535VRLEC modem . I get way better signal with it.

#11 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

You rock for putting this and the unlock. Xda was not very clear and this is spot on

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#12 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Kinda jumped late on this ship:) I got a s3 with ICS still on it. Do I root it with ICS or take the JB update and so on. I deferred the update for 5 days so I can figure out what to do :)

#13 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Kinda jumped late on this ship:) I got a s3 with ICS still on it. Do I root it with ICS or take the JB update and so on. I deferred the update for 5 days so I can figure out what to do :)

I would root on ICS. Use voodoo then take the update and restore root. Seemed like when I was going to get a gs3 you had to roll back to ICS with Odin to root but a JB root may been found by now lol.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#14 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I would root on ICS. Use voodoo then take the update and restore root. Seemed like when I was going to get a gs3 you had to roll back to ICS with Odin to root but a JB root may been found by now lol.

Once I backup su with voodoo, do I temp unroot and take update or keep root and take update?

#15 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Once I backup su with voodoo, do I temp unroot and take update or keep root and take update?

Sent you a pm.

• trikotret likes this

#16 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

i just got a s 3 on friday is this still the current way to root it 

#17 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

i just got a s 3 on friday is this still the current way to root it 

the method I used a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad. Worst problem I had was hitting the buttons correctly to get into Odin mode. Moto fastboot is much easier to get into.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#18 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

the method I used a few weeks ago. It wasn't bad. Worst problem I had was hitting the buttons correctly to get into Odin mode. Moto fastboot is much easier to get into.

thank you is cmw the only recovery for this phone 

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

thank you is cmw the only recovery for this phone 

I'm not sure. That's what I installed. I did not look around too much since it is my step-daughter's phone. I just wanted to quickly unlock, root and throw a clean debloated rom on there

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

ok thanks i did see that we can use either cwm or twrp 

0 user(s) are reading this topic