#1 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Many of you know that the specs for both of these phones has been released/leaked. The Razr HD is supposed to be Moto's new flagship, whereas the M 4G LTE (herein referred to as the M) is slated to be a mid-range device.

I am not going to go into the M (as I'm sure no one here is interested in a mid-range phone :P), but the HD has me somewhat confused. Here are the (supposed) specs for the HD:

- 1280 x 720 HD display (no surprises here)
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP Camera
- 2,100 mAh Battery
- Android 4.0 ICS

Now as something supposed to be Moto's new flagship phone, I am not impressed in the least. This is a measly upgrade (at best) from the Droid Razr. I have always been dumbfounded at what Moto has been able to pull off as far as hardware and design are concerned, but in this case I can't help but wonder what in the world Moto is thinking. It has a slightly better screen and processor than the Razr, the same amount of RAM and the same camera, and a smaller battery than the Razr Maxx. Plus, well you know... ICS. I honestly feel like this is what the Razr Maxx should have been; if Moto wasn't trying to squeeze every last scent out of the 'Razr' name that is. I am shocked that Moto would do the same thing with this phone that they did with the Razr as far as putting it out with an operating system that is, quite frankly, old news.

I did not come here just to bash Moto, I am posting this to solicit your opinions. What do you guys think? Will anyone be picking up the HD (or the M)? Anyone else think this is an... odd business choice?

:-D :-D

#2 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Ehh,

I considered the RAZR HD before. Now that we have had different leaks about the specifications, I am just not into it anymore.

Now if Verizon unlocks the bootloader, then I would expect a lot of people to get the RAZR HD. :)
  • wabmorgan likes this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Dual core? seriously? So basically we're getting a nicer screen and still (no surprise) running on ICS.

No bootloader unlock
No quad core
no more Ram
Who cares about the measly bump in GHz
Battery doesn't match Maxx
No Jelly Bean

As far as I'm concerned, its the same phone. And the M? What a redonculous waste of time. I hope those are gonna be the $1 phones cause I can't imagine anyone paying any real money for them with a contract.
  • wabmorgan likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Dual core? seriously? So basically we're getting a nicer screen and still (no surprise) running on ICS.

No bootloader unlock
No quad core
no more Ram
Who cares about the measly bump in GHz
Battery doesn't match Maxx
No Jelly Bean

As far as I'm concerned, its the same phone. And the M? What a redonculous waste of time. I hope those are gonna be the $1 phones cause I can't imagine anyone paying any real money for them with a contract.

Don't forget the other feature of the RAZR HD. Unrootable according to rumors.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Don't forget the other feature of the RAZR HD. Unrootable according to rumors.

With what the Devs have done thus-far do you honestly believe that? There's no way.
  • wabmorgan likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#6 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

-_- why doesn't verizon carry the phones like the epic 4g and gnote? :( I think I would rather have a gnote than a razr hd...

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#7 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Verizon ripped off their legs in return for a bootloader unlock blessing & that's why these devices suck...... Right?

#8 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Verizon ripped off their legs in return for a bootloader unlock blessing & that's why these devices suck...... Right?

Hard to say at this point. I can only confirm that the XT926 Vanquish has an unlockable/relockable bootloader like the Atrix HD and Photon Q. Like what AT&T did with the Atrix HD, I am very sure that Verizon would not approve the unlock via their "Unlock My Device" web page.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#9 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

I was holding out for the new nexus, but the specs on that are unimpressive as well.

As it's more expensive to jump on the latest phones now, it has to be something substantial for me to make the investment.

This new razr doesn't cut it for me.
  • cdavid469 likes this

#10 Marukka562

Marukka562

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

-_- why doesn't verizon carry the phones like the epic 4g and gnote? :( I think I would rather have a gnote than a razr hd...

Each carrier is awarded specific devices to create fair commerce as Moto obviously supplies to more than just Verizon. Sometimes devices may overlap multiple carriers at times but there are some brands that are 100% carrier specific and the carrier owns the right to sell them exclusively.

#11 jbmcduff

jbmcduff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

I will not be picking up either. I will be buying my phone at full retail so I can keep my unlimited data. Therefore, I want to make sure my 600+ dollars is well spent.
  • koreanschoolkid and cdavid469 like this

#12 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

Considering issues of locking/unlocking, amt of ram & battery, it is just the same old story...

they came out w/the Razr, whiz bang phone & then trumped themselves & scr*# 'ed their customers by coming out in short order the w/the Razr Maxx

It is Deja Vu all over again.... could be money oriented, who knows?, smart money says that they will come out w/a better HD, an HD Maxx or another whiz bang phone right after the HD in no time....
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#13 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

According to engadget what you have as specs for the HD is exactly the same as the M, except for the screen.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So I hope the HD is considerably better, and not just a different display. Personally I don't care that much about the quality of my screen. Any word on NFC?

#14 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

And then there's this:

#15 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I was pretty excited about the hd. But now forget it. If I was gonna buy another phone right now I'd get the sgs3. Its gonna be hard to get me out of my Maxx. I hate when company's release "upgrades" with yesterdays technology. 3300mah should be the standard battery in all phones now and come on ICS is old news and jelly bean probably will be old news soon too judging by the rate they put out new roms

Sent from my full throttle MAXX

#16 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

And then there's this:

This is something I can really get excited over!
  • lownslow200sx likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#17 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

The processor is a huge upgrade, the 1200 in the razr is the same 1000 in the bionic it just comes overclocked to1200 they are both omap 4430 and overclocked to 1350 or so depending on your individual phone. This 1500 can probably go to around 2ghz stable I'll bet on 1950 at a minimum safe starting point. That being said I have said from the beginning phone companies are now sandbagging us on new hardware. 2 gig memory chips of the same dimensions exist so why no upgrade, dual core gpu of 500mhx would also be nice, and a Maxx size battery would be nice, screw NFC, I could care less I think the razr camera is fine

#18 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

i think Moto has been shown to milk the bejesus out of a winning product. Just as early RAZR owners got smacked with the reality of a RAZR MAXX and an unlocked bootloader (developer) edition, the RAZR HD is not the final product.

Expect to see a RAZR HD maxx a few months afterwards, this time with 12+ camera , 2GB RAM, Big battery and more.

The HTC one X actually trumps it in specs with an identical CPU but with a bigger screen and NFC.

Makes me wait for the iphone 5

#19 jerkwad

jerkwad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

it is SUPER fantastic to see Moto going in a new direction

/sarcasm

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

i think Moto has been shown to milk the bejesus out of a winning product. Just as early RAZR owners got smacked with the reality of a RAZR MAXX and an unlocked bootloader (developer) edition, the RAZR HD is not the final product.

Expect to see a RAZR HD maxx a few months afterwards, this time with 12+ camera , 2GB RAM, Big battery and more.

The HTC one X actually trumps it in specs with an identical CPU but with a bigger screen and NFC.

Makes me wait for the iphone 5

There will be no Maxx HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users