• mattlgroff, cynnar, joeyx2 and 1 other like this

#22 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I still got my unlimited even though i only use around 1.5 gb a month i use alot of wifi at home cause 4g isn't in my neighborhood but as soon as i hit the main road 4g jumps to four bars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#23 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm looking for tmobile to pick up a lot of customers with their new unlimited plans. That will increase revenue and allow them to expand their network over the next few years I'm thinking. They seem to have service everywhere I need it though. Wifi calling is cool to fill in the gaps too ;-)

Once my unlimited contract is up, I'm switching to tmobile. The hard part will be staying on a razr maxx that long :-P

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#24 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Last days for my unlimited :( I'll be on 10GB shared soon..

#25 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I used to work for Verizon and Im pretty sure u can still do this although don't quote me. If u ever go over your usage and don't catch it before the bill comes out (u get notices when ur at 50% and 75% of ur usage) u just call them up, ask to switch ur plan to cover the overages and have em re rate your bill. If they offer u a percentage ask for more. If they wont give u 100% ask for a supervisor and if they won't do it threaten to cancel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#26 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

I used to work for Verizon and Im pretty sure u can still do this although don't quote me. If u ever go over your usage and don't catch it before the bill comes out (u get notices when ur at 50% and 75% of ur usage) u just call them up, ask to switch ur plan to cover the overages and have em re rate your bill. If they offer u a percentage ask for more. If they wont give u 100% ask for a supervisor and if they won't do it threaten to cancel.

You can change your plan on line. There's no overage charge when you make a plan change during that billing cycle. Once a new billing cycle starts, you can still call VZW and have last month's overage pro-rated.

#27 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yup I changed mine to 6gb last night. Just make sure u backdate customer if u do it on demand ur bill will be insane and a mess lol

#28 JMSexton

JMSexton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:JarrettSexton
  • LocationMD/PA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Verizon's CFO Shammo (pronounced SC-AM-YOU) even said:

"As you upgrade in the future, you will have to go onto the data-share plan," Shammo said. "A lot of our 3G base is unlimited. As they start to migrate into 4G, they will have to … go into the data-share plan. AND THAT IS BENEFICIAL FOR US."

Direct quote from USA Today....

POWER TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent telepathically from my Droid X... I mean Razr Maxx

#29 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

3G Unlimited > 4G Limited anyday - Hell... Most of the time I leave 3G on for battery life and latency compared to 4G anyhow.

#30 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

We can all complain about Verizon, but in the end, they have the best coverage in most areas. People are willing to pay for that.

We constitute less than 1% of Verizon's customer base. Which means that Verizon and the other 99% don't give a f**k if we have locked bootloaders. They could care less that Big Brother knows when we are rooted. The casual customer wants the best. Ie, the best coverage with the newest phone.

But in the spirit of debate, I couldn't disagree with the OP more. They make no effort in any of those screenshots to hide anything more than ANY OTHER COMPANY does in the sales industry. It up to the CONSUMER to be OBSERVANT before taking any steps toward signing a new contract for anything. I think highlighting the 2gb plan instead of starting over at the far left was just showing you the most popular plan that would most likely fit the casual user.

Just my two cents. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense, i'm on my way out the door to work.

#31 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

the way i understand it is that basically if you dont do your new every 2 and go for the upgrade and just buy a phone say like on ebay and pay retail for it then you could still keep your unlimited data. I hope i understood it right cause thats what i planned on doing or just keep replacing my razr when the battery starts to take a crap ill just smash it and replace it with the insurance i pay for. am i mistaken or did i get something wrong

#32 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

They may have changed since I worked for the call center (its been a while) but when they changed the plans they offered, the system would automatically ask to change to the new plan and the Rep would have to click continue. In other words old plans were disabled with new phones

#33 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

hmmmm idk i guess ill have to wait and see. i know that a friend who also has unlimited data just went in to uprade and she refused to do it cause she didnt want to lose the unlimited data and the sales person at the verizon store told her to just buy a phone off ebay......who knows all i know is the verizon is greedy and just looking for a way to put more money in there greedy little pockets.

#34 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

If you buy the phone outright your data remains the same. You're not signing a new contract at this point. All you're doing is changing IMEI numbers.
Posted Image

#35 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

While I was reading the first part of this thread a small verizon information box appeard asking if I would like to check out the data plans, anyone else get this ? Verison is watching!! But how? :rolleyes:

#36 DSomers82

DSomers82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:dsomers82
  • LocationLakes Region NH

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm also going to be leaving verizon (and my beloved Razr Maxx) after I got screwed by them. The wife broke her phone and I changed it over to a basic phone while waiting for repair. Apparently, that's not the thing to do if you want to keep your current promo (4gb for $ of 2gb). The rep I was arguing with told me as an option I could have purchased a pre-paid phone to avoid losing the promo. I asked him if I could record him saying that, but told me verizon doesn't allow their phone conversations to be recorded. I then called and recorded the conversion with the lady from the contracts extension (I told her it was recorded) and she passed me to her supervisor who also told me they won't honor the initial contract. Anyone know if I can legally cancel my contract on the grounds of them not honoring the initial contract? Otherwise, I'll have to wait until my contract is up and then i'm out!

#37 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ok, not tryin to jack thread, but it is related.

Im going to uganda in about a month. If i go to a international plan for 3 weeks for the trip will i lose my unlimited plan when i get back? I wanna take my maxx but not at the cost of losing my plan. Thanks.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#38 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ok, not tryin to jack thread, but it is related.

Im going to uganda in about a month. If i go to a international plan for 3 weeks for the trip will i lose my unlimited plan when i get back? I wanna take my maxx but not at the cost of losing my plan. Thanks.

I am fear my blade!

Yes. Any change in your plan and you will not be able to change it back to unlimited.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Double post.

#40 Kirbnite

Kirbnite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm also going to be leaving verizon (and my beloved Razr Maxx) after I got screwed by them. The wife broke her phone and I changed it over to a basic phone while waiting for repair. Apparently, that's not the thing to do if you want to keep your current promo (4gb for $ of 2gb). The rep I was arguing with told me as an option I could have purchased a pre-paid phone to avoid losing the promo. I asked him if I could record him saying that, but told me verizon doesn't allow their phone conversations to be recorded. I then called and recorded the conversion with the lady from the contracts extension (I told her it was recorded) and she passed me to her supervisor who also told me they won't honor the initial contract. Anyone know if I can legally cancel my contract on the grounds of them not honoring the initial contract? Otherwise, I'll have to wait until my contract is up and then i'm out!

No you can not cancel your contact without penalty as the contact is not about a promotional feature. However, there is a way to get the feature back.Call back and request that they submit an inactive pricing request. Explain the reason your phone replaced was soley for the fact the phone was getting repaired.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Verizon, Shady Crooked, Stupid Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users