#1 dstreng

dstreng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Not my work at all, I am only providing a link

Found this on rombeotch

unofficial AOKP JB build for Targa (Bionic)

*Will need gapps and flash in safestrap v2.11*

(Updated 9/1/12)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(JB GApps 7/26 *latest*)

#2 FarmerKaine

FarmerKaine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Not my work at all, I am only providing a link

Found this on rombeotch

unofficial AOKP JB build for Targa (Bionic)

*Will need gapps and flash in safestrap v2.11*

(Updated 9/1/12)

Ironic... "roms aren't for pussies", yet i don't want to flash this until i know some details, thereby making me partial pussy.
Data working solid yet?

Camera?

Anyone with big nuts, wanna flash thus and make a report?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 superdan2481

superdan2481

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:jackdaniels2481
  • LocationOC Cali

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yoooou can always just flash in Safestrap:l I doubt Cam works yet haven't seen anyone tweet its working yet :/
You Really Need to Give It up To The Devs. Without Them Coding. Everything Would Be Vanilla. Now Vanilla is not so Bad....But who wants Vanilla Everyday?

#4 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Notice they did not add the camera with the latest update. so that tells me the camera does not work. and yes data loss still occurs.

Updated 2 hours ago.

#5 Brandroid1984

Brandroid1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Twitter:@brantuck84
  • Google+:brantuck84@gmail.com
  • LocationCullman,Al

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I flashed this was very impressed with ui but still no camera and steady data and I also got several android process fc's can't remember exactly what they were but ended up restoring my daily driver because of lock up

#6 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I flashed this was very impressed with ui but still no camera and steady data and I also got several android process fc's can't remember exactly what they were but ended up restoring my daily driver because of lock up

Same I like the fact that the camera is not even an option.

#7 bhp117

bhp117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Dont care much for camera since i dont use it much but data is a must
Will give it a quick run tmr just to play

#8 t1.8matt

t1.8matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nice rom but no data

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my liquid smooth Bionic

#9 Brandroid1984

Brandroid1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Twitter:@brantuck84
  • Google+:brantuck84@gmail.com
  • LocationCullman,Al

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Nice rom but no data

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

I was able to get 3g but no 4G

#10 zackaryry

zackaryry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:zackaryry
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ironic... "roms aren't for pussies", yet i don't want to flash this until i know some details, thereby making me partial pussy.

I think what that actually means is that if they don't post a thread about the ROM themselves, and people go linking and downloading and flashing willy-nilly, then they take no responsibility for what you do to your phone. If they thought it were ready to be released in any sense, even an alpha, I'm sure they'd have posted a thread themselves by now.

It just doesn't seem like anyone is even supposed to be using those ROMs yet, unless you understand the risk and bugs and are not gonna complain. Hence why it was called "SuperSecret$#!+" and now changed to "donttweetmeaboutthisstuff."
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#11 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think what that actually means is that if they don't post a thread about the ROM themselves, and people go linking and downloading and flashing willy-nilly, then they take no responsibility for what you do to your phone. If they thought it were ready to be released in any sense, even an alpha, I'm sure they'd have posted a thread themselves by now.

It just doesn't seem like anyone is even supposed to be using those ROMs yet, unless you understand the risk and bugs and are not gonna complain. Hence why it was called "SuperSecret$#!+" and now changed to "donttweetmeaboutthisstuff."

Nicely put! If you need step by step instruction then you have know business trying to flash a rom. My advise is know your device. Go team Moto.

#12 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

HA! It got changed to donttweetmeaboutthisstuff??!!! That's classic!!!

Don't tweet a dev about a problem in their ROM. Ever. EVER.

Even if it's a release with a support thread.

No, ESPECIALLY if it's a release with a support thread. That's what forums are for.

Don't find their emal and invite them to a gtalk conversation to ask them about a bug.

Don't email them asking them about a bug.

Don't blame them if something doesn't work like you want (Which actually rarely happens. We're all pretty good about knowing it wasn't anyone but ourselves who flashed a ROM)

Don't ask for ETAs and don't repeat the same bug reports (no camera, data instability) that are already known by everybody and their brother and don't need confirmation.

No. Kexec ROMs do not have a camera yet. There's a possible workaround that was being tried involving v4l drivers compiled into the kernel. Data and wifi working consistently has always been a higher priority than a camera and always will be.

I LOVE my camera on my smartphone. The camera ON MY SMARTPHONE. It needs to be a smartphone first and that includes being able to access the data I'm paying to be able to have access to.

When data is working properly, it will be a HUGE deal. You won't have to ask in the thread if it's fixed. You won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a "crackflasher" that's bubbling over about data being fixed. Same applies to the camera. Don't ask because, when it happens, you won't NEED to ask.
  • Halloween240 and idivorceyou like this

#13 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Related: Crackflasher is not a positive term any more than Crackhead is a positive term. To me, it means someone who can't stop flashing new ROMs regardless of quality or originality of the ROM.

Just because eleventy modded kangs were released of the same kexec build, does NOT mean you need to flash them all and report back to us. We already KNOW from the first and legit build whether any of the things you're reporting back about actually work.

#14 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

WELL SAID
TEXAS state of mind

#15 nobreak1970

nobreak1970

Transition Leader from Rombot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

devs = demigods? Nah, I understand about bugging them (or in this case not bugging them) But seriously, stop making them sound like demigods.

crackflasher is now derogatory???

wtf.
God bless.

#16 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

wtf.

Not to me, it's a badge of honor!
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#17 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

devs = demigods? Nah, I understand about bugging them (or in this case not bugging them) But seriously, stop making them sound like demigods.

wtf.

I've always seen crackflasher as a derivative of the term crackhead. You need a fix. You don't care if it's good, just that you have some new rom to flash. That's not a good thing.

I never once implied that a dev is a demigod, or even better than any other person. Honestly, there was nothing in my post that even remotely touched on elevating anybody above anyone else. I was just saying don't hound someone and be a douche to them.

Devs are PEOPLE. With jobs, lives, wives, and kids in some of their cases. Don't hunt them down to ask them the same effing question everybody else is asking them too. You won't get any clearer of an answer, you might get blocked, and worst case (which has happened several times before) the dev will just throw in the towel because of gluteuss who won't stop asking the same dumb questions.

Before criticizing a post, be sure you're fully comprehending what was written. If you don't, it's kind of like assu'ing. It makes an rear end out of U

#18 nobreak1970

nobreak1970

Transition Leader from Rombot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I've always seen crackflasher as a derivative of the term crackhead. You need a fix. You don't care if it's good, just that you have some new rom to flash. That's not a good thing.

I never once implied that a dev is a demigod, or even better than any other person. Honestly, there was nothing in my post that even remotely touched on elevating anybody above anyone else. I was just saying don't hound someone and be a douche to them.

Devs are PEOPLE. With jobs, lives, wives, and kids in some of their cases. Don't hunt them down to ask them the same effing question everybody else is asking them too. You won't get any clearer of an answer, you might get blocked, and worst case (which has happened several times before) the dev will just throw in the towel because of gluteuss who won't stop asking the same dumb questions.

Before criticizing a post, be sure you're fully comprehending what was written. If you don't, it's kind of like assu'ing. It makes an rear end out of U

Relax relax...I meant that lightheartedly.
God bless.

#19 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Related: Crackflasher is not a positive term any more than Crackhead is a positive term. To me, it means someone who can't stop flashing new ROMs regardless of quality or originality of the ROM.

Just because eleventy modded kangs were released of the same kexec build, does NOT mean you need to flash them all and report back to us. We already KNOW from the first and legit build whether any of the things you're reporting back about actually work.

So by this theory, its impossible to kang a ROM and improve it or make changes to it?

No one said you have to consider yourself a crackflasher, if you don't like the term then don't use it. Simple as that, please keep the thread on topic.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#20 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

Relax relax...I meant that lightheartedly.

My bad. To-Do list now includes both a sarcasm font AND a playful font. Stupid text based communication!

So by this theory, its impossible to kang a ROM and improve it or make changes to it?

No one said you have to consider yourself a crackflasher, if you don't like the term then don't use it. Simple as that, please keep the thread on topic.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It's not at all impossible. The big issues in the JB roms are kexec based (data and camera). I was referring to the several kangs that address minor things that aren't necessarily bugs to begin with. Those are certainly improvements, yes. But there's not a fix yet, nor one in immediate sight.

I would love nothing more than for someone to be able to say they've fixed both wifi AND 3g/4g data connectivity. That would be amazing, and for all I know, completely possible without rewriting the kernel. There's possible hope for data with the devs all working on this. The ones that kill me are the ones that are released with a disclaimer basically saying that it has the same data issues as the original. I'm all for people trying to tackle that problem.

And I'll keep on topic from here out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users