• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#201 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

You can update the SU on 173 if it asks for it while on the device itself.You click the notification. May also need to update Superuser.

I tried, I do believe. It just gave me an error that it could not update Su. And I downloaded the newest Superuser as well. I just can't figure out what went wrong. >< I did the RSD back to .744 then OTA updated to .748 and everything.
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#202 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

i read in the arctic thread about updating SU if it fails you can update busy box from the market and that should take care of the SU issue.

I tried, I do believe. It just gave me an error that it could not update Su. And I downloaded the newest Superuser as well. I just can't figure out what went wrong. >< I did the RSD back to .744 then OTA updated to .748 and everything.

#203 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

i read in the arctic thread about updating SU if it fails you can update busy box from the market and that should take care of the SU issue.

Thanks! I'm trying to remember if I tried that. I think that I may have. It was just a bad night for flashing apparently! :P

#204 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Alwasy update Busybox & Superuser via the Market first before updating the SU binary or you are bound to ahve issues from what I've found.

#205 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

All these updating issues can be solved If the su binary is setup right in the ROM. By placing the binary in /bin and symlinking it in the updater-script to /xbin it will not have any issues updating. Also, busybox should be in /xbin only.

Its when there are multiple binaries that the issues present themselves.

:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#206 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

All these updating issues can be solved If the su binary is setup right in the ROM. By placing the binary in /bin and symlinking it in the updater-script to /xbin it will not have any issues updating. Also, busybox should be in /xbin only.

Its when there are multiple binaries that the issues present themselves.

:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#207 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

There's also an app that repairs superuser on the market. I think it's named something retarded simple like superuser update fixer or something similar if you don't want to do it manually.

Posted Image

#208 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

There's also an app that repairs superuser on the market. I think it's named something retarded simple like superuser update fixer or something similar if you don't want to do it manually.

Yep, I tried that too, didn't work. I'll do what DT said next time I try it, if I do. :P

#209 jrtem9

jrtem9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Doesnt work for me and I have tried everything except using rsd lite, but I was trying to keep from doing that. Below is what I keep getting:

Install/sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Book phone.apk",
"4df2cfe445702906a0a02912826de3639739a1a4",
"91dc9cc860f9614afb2b8cb846cbbd558c0dcd6e")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#210 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Doesnt work for me and I have tried everything except using rsd lite, but I was trying to keep from doing that. Below is what I keep getting:

Install/sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Book phone.apk",
"4df2cfe445702906a0a02912826de3639739a1a4",
"91dc9cc860f9614afb2b8cb846cbbd558c0dcd6e")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Your file has been altered/changed/corrupted by something. Easiest fix would be RSD and re-do the upgrade process. You shouldn't have to wipe. Make sure you re-root before proceeding past .748

Posted Image

#211 jrtem9

jrtem9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

How do I RSD? I have been looking for more info on this and haven't found anything yet. Guess I haven't looked into the right place yet.

#212 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

How do I RSD? I have been looking for more info on this and haven't found anything yet. Guess I haven't looked into the right place yet.

Read the first line of the OP and click on the link in it...

Posted Image

#213 jrtem9

jrtem9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

OK I saw it, somehow missed it. Will give this a go then try again. Is there a way to get the .173 update and still be able to get OTA updates? I don't want to miss the ICS update whenever it does finally come out.

#214 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

OK I saw it, somehow missed it. Will give this a go then try again. Is there a way to get the .173 update and still be able to get OTA updates? I don't want to miss the ICS update whenever it does finally come out.

we have a fastboot file that your are currently trying to use with rsd that will always put you back on the upgrade path as a safety net. There are also zip files in the op that you can use to revert back to 748 that will put you back on the upgrade path.
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#215 jrtem9

jrtem9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

I just installed this update and everything seems to be working so far, but I did not maintain my root access. I installed Voodoo prior and set it to protect root but it did not. I also noticed that it did not when I used RSD to flash my phone back to install this update. I had to root it again after using RSD to go back to .744 and again after I did the OTA back up to .748. now it has failed a third time to protect my root through the upgrade to .173. So as far as I can tell, Voodoo does not work and I followed everything I have done step by step according to the instructions. Anyone have any ideas on how to fixthis issue or have had the same problem? Please help!!!

#216 3a4yI7aTiY

3a4yI7aTiY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:3a4yI7aTiY
  • Google+:3a4yI7aTiY
  • LocationUkraine, Odessa

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Root stock 6.11.748 with doomlord v2 root script, back up root with ota rootkeeper then install. 6.12.173 update. After intall restore root with ota rootkeeper ant all work great. if you root with superoneclick for windows rootkeeper dont restore .
root after install 6.12.173

Use only doomlord v2 root script for 6.11.748 , and root be working in 6.12.173 & 6.12.174 after restore with rootkeeper

#217 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su this the one i got and voodoo OTA rootkeeper works great for me. It even held up upgrading to .174

#218 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su this the one i got and voodoo OTA rootkeeper works great for me. It even held up upgrading to .174

Pretty much this. I've noticed that people not using doomlord's script are having trouble maintaining root through upgrades with rootkeeper.

Posted Image

#219 kobusestas

kobusestas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

I am currently running stock and do not have root, If I apply this update will this make it so that I cannot receive any new OTA's in the future or will I still be able to receive them as normal?

#220 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

I am currently running stock and do not have root, If I apply this update will this make it so that I cannot receive any new OTA's in the future or will I still be able to receive them as normal?

Unknown. Worst case you can RSD back to the upgrade path. This has been asked several times before. If the 173/174 updates go live then you'll still be on the upgrade path.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users