#1 eclark

eclark

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hey guys.

I'm currently running KOA AOKP (7/9/2012) with the 214 kernel. It runs perfectly except I have been having major data issues lately. I've tried reflashing several times and it doesn't improve much.

Whenever my data drops toggling airplane mode on and off immediately brings it back until either a) the screen shuts off for more than a couple minutes or B) I come within range of wifi or turn my wifi on. Once a) happens, when I turn my screen back on the signal bars are greyed out and I have to toggle airplane mode to get data back. Same with B) except it occurs when I turn wifi off rather than turning the screen back on.

Toggling airplane mode is the most reliable method for bringing 4g back. I have tried using phone info to toggle the data connection. Also, toggling from "LTE/CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA" to "GSM only (only to get data back up)" and back under Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode sometimes helps although not always and not as quickly as toggling airplane mode. Rebooting brings it back momentarily as well. After about a week of this it is starting to get annoying and I am looking for more in depth solutions.

I've heard vague things about updating radios, Franco kernels, and APN settings but nothing specific to my problem. I'm in college and live on campus so I frequently need an internet connection and I am getting desperate. If anyone could offer any guidance I'd be greatly appreciative. I am open to any and all solutions (hopefully none involving resetting or wiping the phone).

Thanks in advance.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I would get back on the .211 kernel, (assuming you're using safestrap), switch back to your non safe side and flash the ENTIRE .215 update. It includes a new radio and may help with your connection problems. You can then toggle back to your save side and restore your AOKP rom, the 215 radio and kernel will follow with you. Try that. 214 was obviously an error as it was downgraded and then updated to .215 within a matter of days.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Also, don't hold your breath on the Franco kernel. It's NEVER gonna happen.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aokp, 4g, toggle, drops, rom, ics, airplane, data, koa, kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users