• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#221 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

I just got this phone so of course it has the latest update. Is there a method to revert the phone to an older update so I can use the rooting method that used to work? I'd rather have an older firmware version then a non-rooted phone.

Sadly no. Return the phone if you want root pretty much.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#222 CaFe88

CaFe88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

PLEASE HELP!

i read all 8 pages of this forum and i was successful in rooting my phone. after doing so and using titanium backup to delete some apk i wasnt able to install the new update. i factory reset the phone to see if i could install it if root was gone but deleting some of the files (i assume bonus apps like some of u had the problem) was the reason the update still didnt work. in a attempt to restore that apk that i deleted, i downloaded the stock apps frombatakang link and instead of copying just the bonus app file i copied all the files in the folder after that happen my phone gave me a bunch of force close errors and eventually restarted my phone. when it restared it continued to me give me force close errors so i pulled the battery and held the volume up button and power button and wiped the phone data thinking that everything would restore. but now i cant get passed the get started menu. this message appears when i click get started. The application Setup (process com.huawei.setup_TMO) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. pops up and i cant do nothing. has anyone experienced this?

#223 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

PLEASE HELP!

i read all 8 pages of this forum and i was successful in rooting my phone. after doing so and using titanium backup to delete some apk i wasnt able to install the new update. i factory reset the phone to see if i could install it if root was gone but deleting some of the files (i assume bonus apps like some of u had the problem) was the reason the update still didnt work. in a attempt to restore that apk that i deleted, i downloaded the stock apps frombatakang link and instead of copying just the bonus app file i copied all the files in the folder after that happen my phone gave me a bunch of force close errors and eventually restarted my phone. when it restared it continued to me give me force close errors so i pulled the battery and held the volume up button and power button and wiped the phone data thinking that everything would restore. but now i cant get passed the get started menu. this message appears when i click get started. The application Setup (process com.huawei.setup_TMO) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. pops up and i cant do nothing. has anyone experienced this?

I would try setting the permissions on those files to the right ones for system apps using Root Explorer.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#224 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I would try setting the permissions on those files to the right ones for system apps using Root Explorer.

Or ADB if you cannot open apps

#225 CaFe88

CaFe88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Or ADB if you cannot open apps

how do i enabled usb debugging for it to recognize my phone if i cant get to settings?

#226 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

how do i enabled usb debugging for it to recognize my phone if i cant get to settings?

Use my CWM Phoenix launching script that has ADB enabled.

Instead of booting normally to use it boot to stock recovery BC that also has adb.

#227 poly_hedron

poly_hedron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):mytouch q

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sadly no. Return the phone if you want root pretty much.

Damn!! I was hoping there was a way to revert. The store wants $50 in restocking fees for me to give it back and I can't justify that for my own stupidity in buying this phone before checking it out. Hopefully someone will stumble on a way to root or revert it. Till then I'll just have to kick myself for being stupid every time the bloatware gets in my way.
I'll keep following this thread and hoping.

#228 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Damn!! I was hoping there was a way to revert. The store wants $50 in restocking fees for me to give it back and I can't justify that for my own stupidity in buying this phone before checking it out. Hopefully someone will stumble on a way to root or revert it. Till then I'll just have to kick myself for being stupid every time the bloatware gets in my way.
I'll keep following this thread and hoping.

Yeah I'm sure if its found it will end up here. There isn't really a collection of users elsewhere I know of?

#229 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

If someone wants to work on rooting the new firmware, add me on Google Talk. When I edit this post to remove my email it means I found someone ;)

Requirements: Able to download and run Team Viewer [Or SSH] for allowing remote access and a terminal shell (or cmd) for adb access into the phone.

No promisies...

mattlgroff@gmail.com

#230 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I accidentally deleted com.android.calendar and now I can't sync my google calendar. Is there a way to get it back? I used this threads method of rooting and accidentally the stock calendar through titanium.

Edit: Fixed it. Saw your link (http://www.batakang....hp?dir=hwu8680/) and downloaded the stockapps.zip then just reinstalled the calendarprovider.apk.

Thank you for the work you put in. Everything works perfectly.

#231 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I accidentally deleted google play. Is there any way of getting it back or using any other method to be able to install apps again?

#232 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I accidentally deleted google play. Is there any way of getting it back or using any other method to be able to install apps again?

Sideload a root file explorer (I highly suggest finding a copy of Root Explorer, if you pay for it even better since we dont recommend pirating anything here).
Copy the Play Store apk file (Phonesky.apk) from the latest Gingerbread Google Apps, into the /system/app/ folder.
Set permissions to RW--R--R (same as all the other system apps)
Reboot

Done :D

#233 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Sideload a root file explorer (I highly suggest finding a copy of Root Explorer, if you pay for it even better since we dont recommend pirating anything here).
Copy the Play Store apk file (Phonesky.apk) from the latest Gingerbread Google Apps, into the /system/app/ folder.
Set permissions to RW--R--R (same as all the other system apps)
Reboot

Done :D

Hmmmm. I think when i deleted google play I also deleted an apk that allowed installation of apks too (file manager?). I don't entierly understand your method of sideloading a root file explorer. I was using file expert to find the apk that I wanted and it said "There is no handler installed on your device for this file format, would you like File Expert to find one for you?" So I assume I deleted some apk that allowed installation of apks. In this case what do I do?

#234 sujinjoshi

sujinjoshi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hi!
I have Huawei myTouch Q U8730. Will this method work on it?

Model Number: T-Mobile myTouch Q
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: 404026
Build number: U8730V100R001C85B839SP03

#235 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hmmmm. I think when i deleted google play I also deleted an apk that allowed installation of apks too (file manager?). I don't entierly understand your method of sideloading a root file explorer. I was using file expert to find the apk that I wanted and it said "There is no handler installed on your device for this file format, would you like File Expert to find one for you?" So I assume I deleted some apk that allowed installation of apks. In this case what do I do?

adb install RootExplorer.apk

Sent from my Motorola Ghost XT1058

#236 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hi!
I have Huawei myTouch Q U8730. Will this method work on it?

Model Number: T-Mobile myTouch Q
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: 404026
Build number: U8730V100R001C85B839SP03

Couldn't tell ya from the top of my head. You can try. Shouldn't hurt anything.

• sujinjoshi likes this

#237 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

adb install RootExplorer.apk

I followed these instructions: http://www.androidau...ment-kit-21137/

Then tried to adb install but got errors.

#238 sujinjoshi

sujinjoshi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Couldn't tell ya from the top of my head. You can try. Shouldn't hurt anything.

thanks bro!! it worked :D

#239 Brigade

Brigade

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Alright after spending a few hours trying to get sdk to work i finally did it myself but I can't seem to install. Any help? I get these messages:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\>adb install c:\root.explorer.v2.21.1.apk
3956 KB/s (417303 bytes in 0.103s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/root.explorer.v2.21.1.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

C:\>adb remount
remount failed: Operation not permitted

C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
8853D42A2EE5 device

also tried this command and got this message:

C:\>adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds

#240 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Alright after spending a few hours trying to get sdk to work i finally did it myself but I can't seem to install. Any help? I get these messages:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:>adb install c:root.explorer.v2.21.1.apk
3956 KB/s (417303 bytes in 0.103s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/root.explorer.v2.21.1.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

C:>adb remount
remount failed: Operation not permitted

C:>adb devices
List of devices attached
8853D42A2EE5 device

also tried this command and got this message:

C:>adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds

in Settings and Applications options make sure Unknown Sources is checked as enabled.

Otherwise... Not sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users