n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:bigschmidtyky
  • LocationLexington, KY, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch, Asus Google Nexus 7

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

I ran the root.bat file and it was a SUCCESS!!!! Thanks to everyone at this site for the knowledge! FYI I was able to successfully root the device even after installing the OTA updates.

#262 lioneltrains1

lioneltrains1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I used this method to root sucessfully and would like to find a stable custom rom and also cw recovery for my u8730 (mt4g q). At this time, I tried to use the stock boot menue, but it won't install anything.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

#263 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

@mattlgroff, thanks so much for all your help, going to flash it to the phone in a few mins and will report the results. I really appreciate the time and effort taken to help me out! :D

@vicio, im not 100% sure, but i think you are right about using win7, i also did use win7 to root, but maybe vista works too?

@bigschmidtyky, congratulations on successfully rooting! good luck, have fun and be careful i guess.

@lioneltrains, the only custom recovery available is an unstable tethered cwm 6.0.1.8. it needs to be run through a cmd prompt from your computer, because the bootloader on the phone is locked so we cannot actually put cwm on the phone, so we cant actually have roms yet. only thing to do is try to unlock bootloader, which isnt easy. i can just wait and hope, but if a custom rom doesnt come out, we'll just have to stick with 2.3.6. I also reccomend you read the entire thread as well as look at the unstable cwm if you want to.

I hope any of my comments/posts were helpful or are of some use.
~SamuraiCX

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#264 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

alright, so i flashed systemui.zip through tethered cwm, but the device still will not bootup, the bottom lights blink after a few seconds and dim out again after a second while attempting to bootup. Might it be the bootanimation that i tried to install? Any input would be helpful.
-SamuraiCX

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#265 zbingh

zbingh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationThe US
  • Current Device(s):Huawei myTouch 4G, LG G2X

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I used this method WITH the update. (I ALWAYS update EVERYTHING) and it did root my phone...?

#266 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hi! Someone can kindly extract, and post a zip with the files of the custom image thats appear when phone is attached by usb and booted on pink screen, including the recovery file inside? Thanks and regardsPosted Image

#267 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

alright, so i flashed systemui.zip through tethered cwm, but the device still will not bootup, the bottom lights blink after a few seconds and dim out again after a second while attempting to bootup. Might it be the bootanimation that i tried to install? Any input would be helpful.
-SamuraiCX

Don't know what you could have broke besides that...sorry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#268 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

i really think its the boot animation i tried to install, can anyone check what files they have in /system/media for me and if they can upload it? on my dart, when it was stock-rooted, i tried replacing the boot animation and was left animationless, so maybe that's the problem in this case?! maybe romtoolbox also affected framework-res.apk. or i remember it adding something to system, the wifi image with a ? mark in it. maybe if a full system was backed up and shared, many people including me could unbrick. it may be farfetched, but if anyone is willing to spend the time to help, i would seriously be forever indebted to them, needless to say the efforts that have been made so far for me, i am already forever thankful. thanks anyone and everyone for trying to help, considering to help even?

[EDIT] i emailed jrummy asking which files are affected by changing the wifi statusbar icons, so it shouldnt be long until i get a response and know which file to restore.

[EDIT 2] i went to my dart and looked at the files it wanted to modify, they are:
Android System: stat_notify_wifi_in_range.png
Status Bar (fixed through systemui.apk) if anyone knows what file stat_notify_wifi_in_range.png goes in, thats the file i need!

[EDIT 3] After a quick google search, it appears to be framework-res.apk. if anyone can get me an unmodified file of this with the same build number as post #247, i can unbrick and start providing more help for those who need it. Thanks everyone!

@clock32, i can get that for you in a few minutes
-SamuraiCX

#269 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

@clock32, sorry for the long wait, my up speeds are a lot slower than anticipated. i have all 5 files on this dropbox link. https://www.dropbox....axnj/nMjtoIZS8C hope this helps you

-SamuraiCX

#270 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thanks you, SamuraiCX !!! You're awesome!! Im downloading files now, an thus I will try comeback to live my huawei!. It is resting in a box since a few months ago...
Best regards!

#271 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

no problem clock32! i owe this forum a lot, if you do get your phone back to life, can you do me a favor? read my post #268 and see if you can get me a framework-res.apk if our build numbers match? i would really appreciate it. im sorry for asking a favor from a favor, i really need to get my huawei back up and running. thanks in advance if you even check build numbers! and once again, it was my pleasure to be of assistance!
-SamuraiCX

#272 1234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):u8730

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

i have been trying to root my u8730 fer the last week no matter what i do the drivers do not seem to install propoerly. i have 3 devices that show up in device manager(android adapters) 8 also noticed in the inf file no lines match the usb\vid dd1 1034 00 sumthen sumthen. anyways not sure what to do using windows vista and a xp machine thatss all i have at the moment . any help or ideas would be nice thanx

#273 vicio

vicio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

@vicio, im not 100% sure, but i think you are right about using win7, i also did use win7 to root, but maybe vista works too?

I would NOT recommend Vista since it had/still has terrible flaws. There is a reason why Microsoft released Win7 a year or so after Vista :)

#274 vicio

vicio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

i have been trying to root my u8730 fer the last week no matter what i do the drivers do not seem to install propoerly. i have 3 devices that show up in device manager(android adapters) 8 also noticed in the inf file no lines match the usb\vid dd1 1034 00 sumthen sumthen. anyways not sure what to do using windows vista and a xp machine thatss all i have at the moment . any help or ideas would be nice thanx

Use Win7 and update the phone drivers with automatic Windows Updates

#275 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hey everyone, anyone who has a few minutes on hand, may I ask for your assistance in acquiring the original framework-res.apk?

Build number needs to be from the ota update or:

ro.build.version.incremental=C85B839SP03
ro
.build.tags=ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro
.build.description=U8680-user 2.3.6 ERE27 C85B839SP03 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro
.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8680_TMO/hwu8680:2.3.6/HuaweiU8680/C85B839SP03:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro
.build.display.id=U8680V100R001C85B839SP03

if you are rooted or not, you can pull framework-res.apk for me from adb.

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

that will pull the file to your home folder

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk C:Users\(your_user_on_computer_here)\(folder)

this will pull it to whichever user/folder specified.

if you do pull it for me, please also upload it here so others can also get a copy if needed. thank you for your time.

#276 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I used Matt's FlashFixer from batakang, and voila! it gets past the android 4g screen! unfortunately, another obstacle has bestowed itself upon me. A bootloop. How do i fix this?

#277 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I used Matt's FlashFixer from batakang, and voila! it gets past the android 4g screen! unfortunately, another obstacle has bestowed itself upon me. A bootloop. How do i fix this?

No ideas for me anymore. At a loss for this terrible phone sorry.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#278 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

i think its the boot.img, since i changed the boot animation. maybe that will work?

[EDIT] can someone upload their boot.img from the pinkscreen for me? if it works, then the boot.img from my dropbox link should immediately be taken down.

#279 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

i think its the boot.img, since i changed the boot animation. maybe that will work?

[EDIT] can someone upload their boot.img from the pinkscreen for me? if it works, then the boot.img from my dropbox link should immediately be taken down.

You need the cust.img not the boot.img.
The boot.img only has the kernel and ram disk.

#280 clock32

clock32

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hello SamuraiCX. My phone donĀ“t run yet. Do you want this files..? I hope someone day, a repository rom emerges from Huawei or a kindly repair technician and thus we can recover flawless our phones. https://www.dropbox....r0k1/RYnHz16j13 Regards.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users