474 replies to this topic

#421 Paulenski

Paulenski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Pull battery and insert back in, hold volume up and down at same time then hold down power till it goes into pink screen

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

#422 sniperprice626

sniperprice626

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

does this still work?

#423 sniperprice626

sniperprice626

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

its not working for me can anyone give me some help?

#424 sniperprice626

sniperprice626

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

it says error protocol fault <status read> what do i do?

#425 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

@sniperprince626 It does not work on the latest update. 

With the stable recovery image, shouldn't we be able to gain root through recovery by flashing su files and whatnot? 

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#426 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Will someone take the last update and post it here? its my last hope, as this stupid company is not planing to release the last firmware... u8680

#427 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

@crazygrouzin

where in the phone is the firmware stored? i think it downloaded onto mine but im still on sp03. if you could tell me where in the phone the update is i would upload it for you.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#428 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

@crazygrouzin
where in the phone is the firmware stored? i think it downloaded onto mine but im still on sp03. if you could tell me where in the phone the update is i would upload it for you.

it must be on the root of sd card. Dload file

Στάλθηκε από το LG-P700 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

#429 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hello all,

I have a rooted U8680 that has been partially debloated, but the backups have been lost. I have been tearing my hair out off and on over the last month or so trying to get it to the point where it will take the latest OTA update. It fails due to the missing DLNA.apk. Is there anything anyone can suggest as to how to move forward with this?

EDIT: After a night of good rest, I re-read the posts in this thread, and found what I need has been compromised somehow. What I need is the archive of stock ROMs that matt had posted a while ago, that has since gone the way of development for this phone. Does anyone happen to have a copy of this, and if so, could I talk you into uploading it somewhere for us? Thanks in advance!

#430 sniperprice626

sniperprice626

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

@samurai I rooted my phone where can I get a custom rom for it? it would be nice with a step by step procedure so I can do it correctly im not so good at this lol

#431 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

@sniper

As of yet, there isn't a custom rom for the phone but I think there maybe be some development ongoing or there will be soon since we've got the stable custom recovery. I'm not certain however, so the best thing to do is wait and to try to not brick the phone, like how I did. If you need to debloat than you can remove cust.img from pink screen mode. To do this:

Power off the phone, hold volume down while powering back up. You should be in pink screen mode. Connect the phone to a computer. If windows, it should give you an option to open a folder caller image. From there just cut cust.img and save it somewhere. If Ubuntu, go through the several folders and look for the one with cust.img. Same instructions from windows at this point. I'm not sure about Mac. Then just reboot the phone.

If this wasn't helpful or what you needed then I'm sorry, quite sleepy right now and probably didn't read properly. I hope a rom comes soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

#432 sniperprice626

sniperprice626

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

@samurai thank you this was helpful :)

#433 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

No problem. :D

#434 thegriffin8or

thegriffin8or

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

So, I installed the drivers that were in the folder and the ran the root.bat file and started the process, my phone restarts and sits on the boot up screen and Windows Update is telling me it is trying to download a driver but sits at 0% until it eventually quits and tells me there are no drivers for the device.

Any tips?

#435 rudyvalencia

rudyvalencia

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi everyone.

I found a new way to root the U8730V100R001C85B845 (most recent as of this writing) firmware.

1) Enter the pink screen (vol up+down and power) and plug the phone into your PC.

2) Copy the original recovery.img from the drive that appears on your system.

3) Replace the original recovery on the device with the stable CWM recovery.

4) Eject the drive, pull the battery and reboot to recovery (vol up and power).

5) Flash SuperSU by Chainfire.

6) Reboot.

I tried this on my own MyTouch Q (U8730) yesterday and it works. As long as you back up the stock recovery, you'll be alright.

• mattlgroff and SamuraiCX like this

#436 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

This verified what I was thinking, I had mentioned it a couple posts back. Great find!

• crazygrouzin likes this

#437 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

This verified what I was thinking, I had mentioned it a couple posts back. Great find!

Good news for MyTouch users :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#438 pradajay718

pradajay718

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Mytouch Q

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone.

I found a new way to root the U8730V100R001C85B845 (most recent as of this writing) firmware.

1) Enter the pink screen (vol up+down and power) and plug the phone into your PC.

2) Copy the original recovery.img from the drive that appears on your system.

3) Replace the original recovery on the device with the stable CWM recovery.

4) Eject the drive, pull the battery and reboot to recovery (vol up and power).

5) Flash SuperSU by Chainfire.

6) Reboot.

I tried this on my own MyTouch Q (U8730) yesterday and it works. As long as you back up the stock recovery, you'll be alright.

hey can you help with rooting my phone i have the same firmware as you but where do i get the files to replace my original recovery.img file.

#439 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Its in a thread on this very forum.

http://www.droidrzr....p?/topic/23211-[CWM]-Stable-ClockWork-Recovery-Mod

:rolleyes: :lol: :D

#440 dxn9637

dxn9637

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Current Device(s):U 8680

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

YOU CANNOT USE THIS ON THE LATEST UPDATE. IF IN DOUBT DON'T TRY IT.

This is ONLY for the Huawei MyTouch 4G from T-Mobile! This will not work on any other phone!

This phone does not have a trackball or physical keyboard, and is not by LG or HTC

THIS WORKS ON THE HUAWEI MYTOUCH 4G Slide Keyboard too!

Untitled-2.png

Download(s) for Windows:
http://174.132.194.6...WindowsRoot.zip

Instructions for Windows:
Install the Huawei Android USB Drivers. (These are included in the zip above now)
Plug in the phone and have it booted like normal. Do NOT mount USB Storage.
Enable USB Debugging. (Settings > Applications > Developer Options)
Extract the zip above, and run the Root.bat. Done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download(s) for Linux:
http://174.132.194.6...G_LinuxRoot.zip
Instructions for Linux:
Enable USB Debugging. (Settings > Applications > Developer Options).
Extract the downloaded zip from above to anywhere in your machine and 'cd' into the folder with terminal.
Example:
cd Desktop/HuaweiMyTouch4G_LinuxRoot/
Run the bash script as admin. Enter password if asked. If you error make sure the Root.sh is executable. (In Ubuntu, right click, Properties, check Executable)
sudo bash Root.sh
Follow the onscreen instructions.

Download(s) for Mac:
http://174.132.194.6...h4G_MacRoot.zip

Instructions for Mac:

Enable USB Debugging. (Settings > Applications > Developer Options).
Extract the downloaded zip from above to anywhere in your machine and 'cd' into the folder with terminal.

Example:
cd Desktop/HuaweiMyTouch4G_LinuxRoot/
Run the bash script as admin. Enter password if asked. If you error make sure the Root.sh is executable. Read the included document for more information.
sudo bash Root.sh
Follow the onscreen instructions.

Thanks to stealthmouse and obeygiant for modifying my Razr Utility to Mac/Linux by following that I ported my Windows Root for Huawei MyTouch 4G to Mac/Linux :)

Sir,

i followed the instructions as given for windows

1) i fisrst of all downloaded the software from give 174.....(as gven)

2) install the drivers

3) checked the adb composite driver is shown in device manager

4) run the root file in folder

5) then followed the on screen options.

6) after completion phone reboot.

7) in end super user is seen in applications

8) But how i confirm that the phone is rooted or not.

9) when i tried to open superuser application. it opened and showed nothing.

reason why i need the rooting: i want to delete all unwanted applications from the mobile like t mobile mall eetc. now after doing this still i am unable to delete the applications which are still present in the options 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users