474 replies to this topic

#41 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

Is it showing up as a Android ADB Composite Interface now and do you see it when you type adb devices?

I never unlocked the bootloader and nobody else has spoken of doing it. I don't know if it has a locked bootloader or this technique goes around it or what. Don't know enough about Android.

#42 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Is it showing up as a Android ADB Composite Interface now and do you see it when you type adb devices? I never unlocked the bootloader and nobody else has spoken of doing it. I don't know if it has a locked bootloader or this technique goes around it or what. Don't know enough about Android.

This phone does have a bootloader lock indeed. We cannot put the true CWM recovery on the device and we cannot put custom kernels on the device. We can however boot from them, but they go away on a reboot. Thus the "tethered" nature of the CWM I posted.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#43 dynaemu

dynaemu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

This phone does have a bootloader lock indeed. We cannot put the true CWM recovery on the device and we cannot put custom kernels on the device. We can however boot from them, but they go away on a reboot. Thus the "tethered" nature of the CWM I posted.

If you look on the Huawei site, they have a page for unlocking your bootloader. Did you notice it or do you think it wouldn't work?

#44 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

If you look on the Huawei site, they have a page for unlocking your bootloader. Did you notice it or do you think it wouldn't work?

They have a dialer and calculator codes for getting the unlock code through their site, but they do nothing at least on the phone I tested with.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#45 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

The site for unlocking doesn't appear to include the Huawei model. It's asking for an 8 digit code of some sort that I can't find on my phone.

#46 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

The site for unlocking doesn't appear to include the Huawei model. It's asking for an 8 digit code of some sort that I can't find on my phone.

Yeah that's the dialer and calculator codes I mentioned above. If we could find this code and a way to use their unlock code then great! I doubt it though.

#47 Farseli

Farseli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Their website is completely broken anyway. Try to fill out the password request and it will ask that you select a product model even though the dropdown menu for that doesn't work. Try to e-mail support and when you click submit it asks you to select your country...even if you already have selected it. The page just seems to ignore the country selection box and thus refuses to send any support email out. Maybe the phone number works.

#48 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Their website is completely broken anyway. Try to fill out the password request and it will ask that you select a product model even though the dropdown menu for that doesn't work. Try to e-mail support and when you click submit it asks you to select your country...even if you already have selected it. The page just seems to ignore the country selection box and thus refuses to send any support email out. Maybe the phone number works.

I think Huaweii is going to stay unhelpful to english speaking users on their website... it seems very unfriendly to normal users and its hard to find anything

#49 oneru

oneru

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8730

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

The Chinese version of their website works a bit better:
http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Unfortunately, they only have option for the C8812 and C8825D on this page. I tried calling into their customer support hotline, and as expected, totally unhelpful. I don't think they had a clue what I was asking for, even.

That said, you can get into the built in recovery by pulling the battery, putting it back in, and holding the Volume up key while pressing the power button.

#50 jac6387

jac6387

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Just joined this site to tell you thanks. I've had the phone for maybe 2 weeks now and just found your post today (after looking around for rooting info since pretty much the first day I got it). It was extremely fast and easy to do it and I verified it with root checker. I'm not really sure what I can do with it now but at least its rooted lol. I guess my first goal would be the bloatware removal but from what ive read here so far it sounds like that can't be done yet? So I guess i'll just stick around and see if theres any more development. Thanks again Matt.

#51 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Just joined this site to tell you thanks. I've had the phone for maybe 2 weeks now and just found your post today (after looking around for rooting info since pretty much the first day I got it). It was extremely fast and easy to do it and I verified it with root checker. I'm not really sure what I can do with it now but at least its rooted lol. I guess my first goal would be the bloatware removal but from what ive read here so far it sounds like that can't be done yet? So I guess i'll just stick around and see if theres any more development. Thanks again Matt.

You can debloat some of the stuff, I will get a list of the cust.img things though which probably cannot be removed.

com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
Monopoly.apk
Telenav.apk
TMO_Mall_1_05_50_PROD_Unsigned.apk-TMO-Signed.apk
WildTangentGamesApp.apk
WordsWithFriends.apk

Things that I know everyone should remove...
/system/app/CarrierIQ.apk !!!! Remember this app is the one that checks everything you do and logs it. Google CarrierIQ if you need to.

I think someone making a bloatware removal post could be helpful ;)

The Chinese version of their website works a bit better:
http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Unfortunately, they only have option for the C8812 and C8825D on this page. I tried calling into their customer support hotline, and as expected, totally unhelpful. I don't think they had a clue what I was asking for, even.

That said, you can get into the built in recovery by pulling the battery, putting it back in, and holding the Volume up key while pressing the power button.

It figures they were totally useless!

#52 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

You can debloat some of the stuff, I will get a list of the cust.img things though which probably cannot be removed.

com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
Monopoly.apk
Telenav.apk
TMO_Mall_1_05_50_PROD_Unsigned.apk-TMO-Signed.apk
WildTangentGamesApp.apk
WordsWithFriends.apk

Things that I know everyone should remove...
/system/app/CarrierIQ.apk !!!! Remember this app is the one that checks everything you do and logs it. Google CarrierIQ if you need to.

I think someone making a bloatware removal post could be helpful ;)

you cant remove from the Cust.img but u can freeze the app. This does not free space but does stop it from running and using memory helping the phone run faster.

#53 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

you cant remove from the Cust.img but u can freeze the app. This does not free space but does stop it from running and using memory helping the phone run faster.

I have froze the following with titanium backup without any problems. Some of these could be unistalled but i am waiting a few weeks to verify there is no long term problems

Game Base
Genius Button
Genius Search
Hands Free Mode
Mail 1.3.2 = Yahoo mode
MobileLife Contacts
Monopoly Classic
More For Me
Setup 1.0
Setup Wizard
T-mobile mail
t-mobile tv
vpn services
wildtangent
words free
zsprovider
androidhwext
com.android.huawei.cbscontroller
com.movial.ipprovider
gba service
ipservice
LCA
MMI test II
potter unlocker = changes lock screen to default
simplelink
telenav
wifi calling settings

I have uninstall the following

411 and more
bonus apps
CMAS
DLNA
Documents to Go
firstbooted
highlight
home screen tips
mobilelife family organizer
netflix
system manager applications
t-mobile name id
tips and tutorials
visual voice mail
zinio
CarrierIQ

i hope this helps some of you.
  • ndacthien and Bowmanspeer like this

#54 hellyk

hellyk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:hellacious_k

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm running the root application and it's not doing a thing. I have my phone debugged and SD card unmounted...?

#55 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm running the root application and it's not doing a thing. I have my phone debugged and SD card unmounted...?

Drivers installed?

#56 jamonthis

jamonthis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I would like to pass along that if no one has tried you can get wifi tether to work by using wifi tether for root users. it does set it up as an ad-hoc but it gets around the service check.

#57 jac6387

jac6387

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

It doesn't say to have sd unmounted. It says to not mount as usb storage (you should get a notification about this when plugging in the usb cable). I was able to successfully root with an sd card mounted.

#58 brandenmatney1

brandenmatney1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Does this work for the T-mobile Hauwei MyTouch Q 4G as well?

#59 mar

mar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

How do you unroot???

#60 oneru

oneru

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8730

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

This root technique does work for the slide-out querty version as well. I'm actually typing on my rooted mytouch q.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users