• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

OK so I played around with my phone and want to know if i can now get back to the out of box original setup.

It is a xt907 

system version is 98.18.94.xt907.verizon.en.us

android version 4.1.2

build number 9.8.1q.94

The issue I am having is that when I reboot the phone I get the errors

Device is LOCKED. Status Code 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Fastboot reason: Boot menu selected
usb connected

I can get by them by holding down the keys and then choosing normal boot.  It takes me to the bootloader screen where i choose continue and phone boots normal.  

I would like to just do a reboot and have it reboot if possible but if I cant then not a huge deal due to it will still boot just take a few extra steps

Thank you for your time  Have a great day

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

What happens when you power the phone off instead of rebooting, and then power it on?

#3 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

same thing both ways john if i reboot it or power off then back on 

#4 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

That is ... odd.  ISTR something like this on the BIONICs in the past, but that was usually because of a mismatched flash of some type. Trying to dig up more info.

I suspect a FXZ might be in your future.

#5 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

im afraid to ask what a FXZ is but what is it?  Sounds painful lol

#6 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

It's not painful - it's the way to put the fully stock system software back onto your device - but it does come with complications - it totally wipes everything that is there in place, in terms of the /system /data and other partitions.  In your case, it might be a better method to check out SamuriHL's House of Motorola thread, where he has scripts developed to do a partial instead of full FXZ, and other options.

But before you do anything, since you can get the phone working, I'd wait a day or so to see if any other Razr M user can chime in on this particular problem.

#7 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I don't have anything I cant redo so how is this done? is there a set of instruction and files i need and so on? Or will it all be over at the samurihl house of motorola thread?

thank you for all your help

#8 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Would i use my lite software with one of the files from 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

As in RSD Lite?  Yes.  In fact, I have links in my signature for versions 5.7, 6.1.4, 6.1.5 and 6.1.6

RSD Lite is the program used to flash the FXZ to your phone - it wipes it all.

House of Motorola, is an alternate way that requires a good amount of reading before you even attempt it - but if you read and understand it all, then it's a no-brainer.  And, yes, all the info for HoM is in the HoM thread.

Like I said, though, since you have a working phone, just not booting correctly initially, there might be a muc easier trick to make that go away and lose nothing so hold off before actually doing anything.

• SamuriHL likes this

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

My House of Moto has the ability to flash the FXZ without erasing the data partition.  There's a little bit of work to set it up but it's worth it.  Just make sure to read the instructions a few times before using it.  There are some subtle instructions for setting it up but if you follow along exactly it'll work.  Alternatively, yes, you can flash the FXZ with RSD Lite.  Make sure you get the correct version....flashing a lower version than what's on your phone will soft brick it with a worse error than what you have now and will cause it to not boot at all until you fix it.  There is an FXZ for the version you're on so as long as you grab it you're fine.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#11 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Sorry the program i have to flash is rsd lite 6.14 would i use that with the file from link?

#12 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Well, if it's booting to fastboot all the time, you just simply need to flash something successfully usually to get it back to booting normal.  Even the logo or something silly like that would do in a lot of cases.

#13 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Sorry the program i have to flash is rsd lite 6.14 would i use that with the file from link?

Yes.  If that's the route you want to take.

#14 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, I knew there was something silly, like Sam said, a simple flash of any little thing like the logo would be great.  And in that case, instead of using RSD Lite I'd probably opt for HoM, but either would do as long as you can find a very simple FXZ with something small like maybe the same kernel that you're already on so the entire phone stays intact.

#15 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

thank you for the great support I will try it at home I downloaded the second file on the page due to it match my build number name so guessing thats the one i want and will first try rsd lite and so on see what happens 

#16 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

If you try RDS Lite first you will lose your current installed programs and data.

#17 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Right.  Unless you edit the xml file to remove the erase userdata line.  Not knowing your technical skill level that could be a very minor thing to a royal pain.  My script generator can generate the proper scripts easy enough.  It's part of the House of Moto.  Basically it's an executable jar file you stick in your extracted FXZ folder, run it, and it'll generate scripts for FULL, KEEP DATA, and possibly others.  Then just flash the KEEP DATA script with RSD and you're golden.

#18 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Tried both ways tonight when I got home and neither worked. RSD lite first thing it does it goes to put phone in flash mode and that causes the black locked phone error message to come back and cant get past the other software script from java goes through the motions with no errors but nothing happens get complete message and nothing is flashed.  I dont think the phone is able to get into flash mode.

C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash partition gpt_main0.bin 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash sbl2 sbl2.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash sbl3 sbl3.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash rpm rpm.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash tz tz.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe erase modemst1 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe erase modemst2 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash devtree device_tree.bin 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash cdrom cdrom 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe flash system system.img 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe erase tombstones 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe erase cache 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe erase userdata 
C:\Users\bob\Downloads\VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml\Windows\fastboot.exe reboot 

after that it just sits there and nothign on phone

#19 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

You have to put it in fastboot mode.  Unplug the phone.  Turn it off.  Hold volume down, and press power.  Does that put it in fastboot mode?  If not there's nothing we can do.

#20 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

I choose fast boot mode it then shows me the bootstrap screen with option to continue or recovery. I choose continue then the phone normal boots recovery just takes me to the bootstrap menu. Do I need to remove the boot strap somehow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users