• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I did a factor reset from bootstrat and it is still rooted so missing something simple I hope

#22 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

safe strap is the second menu that pops when choosing AP Fast Boot 

#23 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Factory reset wiped your data partition. And if you can't get to AP Fastboot mode, you can't flash the phone.  It's that simple.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#24 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'm lost as to where you are "choosing" fastboot mode??? With the hardware key method that Samuri explained, it should just simply power into fastboot.

Sent from my S-Offed One M8

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#25 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

OK I power it off and on once on I get the lock error so I hold up and down volume the hit the power to get menu. I choose up fast boot. It give the safestap menu to choose recovery or continue I hit continue then I goes blank for 3 sec the boots like normal. If I choose recovery it goes to the recovery console to load a mod and so on

#26 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

No, that's not what I said to do.  I said turn it off, hold volume down and then press power.  I didn't say hold volume up and volume down to get the menu.

#27 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I saw that (facepalm)  ok do that now and it goes into the safestap menu i choose continue or just wait 10sec and it normal boots.  I used matts utility and the fastboot error goes away now so that helped some but when i cant get into that mode.  I am close  i use rsd light and it starts to switch device to flash mode then i get error message on the phone now that states fastboot reason: Rebot to bootloader.  

#28 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

could it be the safestrap menu now causing this fun.  How do i remove it.  It is no longer rooted but cant get into the ap fastboot mode and so on.I have a fealign I am close.  Thank you again for all the patience you are showing me

#29 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

I saw that (facepalm)  ok do that now and it goes into the safestap menu i choose continue or just wait 10sec and it normal boots.  I used matts utility and the fastboot error goes away now so that helped some but when i cant get into that mode.  I am close  i use rsd light and it starts to switch device to flash mode then i get error message on the phone now that states fastboot reason: Rebot to bootloader.  

It's saying this because you're not in fastboot.  You need to be in fastboot to RSD.  When you power down toreboot to fastboot mode, you can't have your phone plugged into the computer, it will just reboot.  Unplug your phone, power down, and use the key options to get to FB.  Once you're in FB, then plug the phone into the computer.

• SamuriHL likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#30 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

It's saying this because you're not in fastboot.  You need to be in fastboot to RSD.  When you power down toreboot to fastboot mode, you can't have your phone plugged into the computer, it will just reboot.  Unplug your phone, power down, and use the key options to get to FB.  Once you're in FB, then plug the phone into the computer.

This.

#31 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

okay with the phone not plugged into USB I powered it off I hold the down arrow in the power button for 5 seconds the screen flashes I let go it gives me the safestrap menu and then it puts into normal mode and nothing about AP boot mode or anything else it just standard boots do I need to remove the safestrap or keep guessing

#32 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

That key combo is not working for you, for some reason. Try this: hold pwr and both volume buttons. When the phone powers off, quickly release pwr and then press it again, while still holding the volume keys. This will put you into the fastboot menu. Vol down to AP Fastboot, vol up to select. You're doing something wrong in your key presses, just not sure what.

he key combo will get you into this menu:

howto-unroot-unbrick-droidrazr-2-690x533

AP Fastboot screen will look like this:

48909d1333642101-xt-912-my-bootloader-un

#33 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

got in now getting 

failed flashing process 4/7 flash bootimg -> phone retured fail

using vzx_xt907_4.1.2-9.8 1Q-66_1ffxml

#34 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

is this wrong file due to had 

system version is 98.18.94.xt907.verizon.en.us

android version 4.1.2

build number 9.8.1q.94

#35 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

is this wrong file due to had

system version is 98.18.94.xt907.verizon.en.us

android version 4.1.2

build number 9.8.1q.94

You need to flash the FXZ of the system version you are on. .66 is old, you need to use the newest one. There is no .94 FXZ, but there is 98.30.1. It has a different name, but it is the same system version.

#36 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

ok will look for that file do you have a link by chance please 

#37 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Look up Droid Developers SBF.

#38 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

went to site and then to 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

dnloaded and extracted 

Android 4.1.2
Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US

It extracts as a different file and doesn't work when i try to use it i get error unrecognized boot comand

#39 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

You have to edit the xml and remove the oem lines.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#40 zeffrell

zeffrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

ok wil try that next soooo close will your java script do that for me? or do i just edit the xml and look for oem lines and remove 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users