• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

9.16KB   4 downloads

Another new task automation app has launched on the Play Store today.  IFTTT, short for If This Then That, has been available for iOS for some time, and has been a while in the making for Android.  Another Tasker-ish app, IFTTT is more app driven, and allows for simpler if-then (hence the name) relationships between apps you have installed.  So say you want your newly uploaded Instagram photos to also post to your Flickr account.  You simply create what IFTTT refers to as a "recipe" to establish the causal relationship between the apps, and you're off and running.  This is a very basic example, and at this point IFTTT only seems limited by the number of apps which can be set up in causal relationships.  It's available for free in the Play Store, those interested in checking it out can do so

Source: Engadget

#2 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,128 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

aargh first App Config then this.. what to do, what to do?

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

I know right? I really need to sit down and learn how to use tasker, but its great to see options out there for the less patient among us, like me :lol:

#4 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,128 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Me too

sent from my hammerhead

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Tasker is the bomb. I swear by it and have for quite a few years.

• mjs27541 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users